Pelicans Report

Page 120 of 127 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    ...Don't tempt me.
    Are they offering us Lebron yet? Why would he be against playing with Zion?

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post

Yeh we reported that here this morning on page 104 or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post

Clearly, they hate each other.

...Don't tempt me.
    I heard Ball does everything so well that it overcome his shooting ability lol

With all due respect, I believe we may be suffering from over analysis of Barrett. Yes, he has shooting issues (primarily due to bad footwork) and he has some tendencies in the paint that will need correction for him to be effective in the NBA. But the guy led the ACC in scoring as an 18 year old and, in my view, was hampered by some of the worst coaching I have seen from a Duke staff. A simple change in his shooting form and I think the shooting issues will largely be over. His problems inside will take significantly more work and it could be a few years before he gets past some of those problems because they are fundamental. Ultimately, I am higher on him than any player not named Zion.

I could be happy with several different players depending on when the pick is, but if the Pels land at #3 or 4, I will be hoping for Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Dude can't even make half of his free throws. My 7 year old daughter can make half of her free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Clearly, they hate each other.
    I mean, I have no idea whether or not it's true that they love each other, or hate each other. No real insight into their personal lives.

That said, the fact that Zion did an advert with RJ is absolutely no indication of whether or not they like each other. The number of stories of actors playing lovers in movies while simultaneously hating each other's guts is reason enough to know that.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    With all due respect, I believe we may be suffering from over analysis of Barrett. Yes, he has shooting issues (primarily due to bad footwork) and he has some tendencies in the paint that will need correction for him to be effective in the NBA. But the guy led the ACC in scoring as an 18 year old and, in my view, was hampered by some of the worst coaching I have seen from a Duke staff. A simple change in his shooting form and I think the shooting issues will largely be over. His problems inside will take significantly more work and it could be a few years before he gets past some of those problems because they are fundamental. Ultimately, I am higher on him than any player not named Zion.

I could be happy with several different players depending on when the pick is, but if the Pels land at #3 or 4, I will be hoping for Barrett.
    I'm with you on this, I think he has star potential. I rank him just behind Tatum in what is available. Slightly ahead of Brown based on potential alone. But if you get Tatum and Brown and a couple of picks you have to take it. I think NY lacks the other assets needed or is unwilling to part with enough to get in on the deal in light of Durant's injury.

In space ghost voice?

I mean, I have no idea whether or not it's true that they love each other, or hate each other. No real insight into their personal lives.

That said, the fact that Zion did an advert with RJ is absolutely no indication of whether or not they like each other. The number of stories of actors playing lovers in movies while simultaneously hating each other's guts is reason enough to know that.
    Except for the fact that they ain't actors. They both always look a little nervous to me except when on the court and with how they interact with each other. It appears to be genuine. Hell, they were roommates and you can't tell me if they didn't like each other they were forced to share a place together.

Everything coming from the "sauces" right now has to be taken with a grain of salt. But you know that.

Hell, the story that they aren't really BFFs might be a leak from the Pels to drive up a NY offer.

Edited to add: They have been on record multiple times professing their BFF status, not just this ad. Why would they fake that to this extent at this point?
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 06-14-2019 at 09:15 PM.

Except for the fact that they ain't actors. They both always look a little nervous to me except when on the court and with how they interact with each other. It appears to be genuine. Hell, they were roommates and you can't tell me if they didn't like each other they were forced to share a place together.

Everything coming from the "sauces" right now has to be taken with a grain of salt. But you know that.

Hell, the story that they aren't really BFFs might be a leak from the Pels to drive up a NY offer.

Edited to add: They have been on record multiple times professing their BFF status, not just this ad. Why would they fake that to this extent at this point?
    I promise you, when I was living at University, I didn't love my roommates. The fact that they were roommates, again, doesn't guarantee anything at all.

I'm not saying they hate each other. I don't know. The entire point of what I said is that I don't know. But you don't really know either: all you know is the public face they've put on their relationship. That could be a legitimate friendship they've got there, or it could be that they are friends but it's exaggerated, or it could be that they're kinda neutral towards each other in reality.

I don't know. You don't know, unless you know Zion or RJ personally or have spent time hanging around with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    With all due respect, I believe we may be suffering from over analysis of.... everything because we've all gone mad from the process.
    Fix'd.

But for real. Let's say those "Boston is not all in" rumors are true and we are the ones who blink. Do you guys prefer Tatum and not much or Brown and a lot?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

The Franchise
    What about Tatum, Hayward, Williams, 14, 20, and Memphis pick? If Kyrie stays then throw in what you get in a sign and trade for Rozier (if possible). If Kyrie leaves they would probably keep Rozier but now you didn’t break the bank and still have assets
    Kyrie/ Rozier, Smart
    Moore
    Brown
    Davis
    Horford

We would flip Hayward and the draft picks for whatever we can get. I’d like Turner from the pacers or Bridges and Warren from the suns for say Hayward and pick 20. Send Hill, 14, and Memphis pick and maybe a couple 2nds to wiz for Beal. Saves Washington like 14 million plus the value Memphis pick.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Fix'd.
    I actually laughed out loud! But so true.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Fix'd.

But for real. Let's say those "Boston is not all in" rumors are true and we are the ones who blink. Do you guys prefer Tatum and not much or Brown and a lot?
    We've gazed into the singularity of 5 months of AD trade talks, and a Lovecraftian horror has gazed back.

In truth, I think I probably prefer Brown and a lot.

I know that Tatum is the better prospect, no question, but if the choice is between

Tatum, filler, #14
    or
    Brown, Smart, #14, #20, Memphis pick

Then I take offer #2.

I'm confused about how the same report can say, "Boston is determined to get AD" and "Boston won't go all in with their assets".

Those two statements are polar opposite of each other. Either Boston will do whatever it takes to get AD or they won't.

-------------------

A trade of Lavine, Kuzma, Hart, #7, 2020 unprotected 1st, and 2022 1st (adding this as it seems more realistic), dumping Hill

Compared to

Brown, Smart, #14, #20, Memphis Pick, filler

Those both seem kind of a push to me. Certainly the Boston Deal doesn't seem to blow that package out of the water. If Boston wants to really ensure getting AD I think Tatum is key. I don't even care as much about the 14 or 20th pick.

A deal like Tatum, Smart, 14, Memphis Pick, filler

For

AD, our 2nd this year or 1 or 2 of our 2nds from the Niko trade, Moore

Would be good with me. That still leaves the Celtics with Brown, 20, Hayward, Rozier, Horford, 2nds to build around AD. Heck looking at it like that I don't see why they wouldn't do it. That's ignoring Kyrie totally too. They could probably flip 20 and the 2nds for a PG even if Kyrie leaves.

Maybe add some future Celtics pick to the deal for us. I'm not interested in bringing in 3-4 rookies to this team anyway.

I promise you, when I was living at University, I didn't love my roommates. The fact that they were roommates, again, doesn't guarantee anything at all.

I'm not saying they hate each other. I don't know. The entire point of what I said is that I don't know. But you don't really know either: all you know is the public face they've put on their relationship. That could be a legitimate friendship they've got there, or it could be that they are friends but it's exaggerated, or it could be that they're kinda neutral towards each other in reality.

I don't know. You don't know, unless you know Zion or RJ personally or have spent time hanging around with them.
    I agree we really don't know but comparing your roommates to these guys is not exactly apples to apples. Do you really think either of these guys would be forced to live with someone they didn't get along with? They get to choose their roommates. You didn't. There's a big difference.

And again, why play it up so much even now? I could see them playing it up when they were playing together to make it look good but they just genuinely appear to like each other.

In every interview I have seen with either one of them they were glowing when talking about the other. No real reason to do that now. At least not to that extent.

But with all of that said, they could be great actors and hate each others guts!

But with all of that said, they could be great actors and hate each others guts!
    Or they could be, y'know, just polite decent people who don't see any need to be rude or insulting to someone else.

And like I said, maybe they don't hate each other: maybe they're just vaguely friendly, or neutral. It's not like it's either they're best friends or mortal enemies. They could just be kinda alright.

Something else is cooking at this point. There are either other teams making offers or they are trying hard to work a three team deal somehow. At this point if all you have are the reported offers from Boston and LA you simply pick the one you like more, say Brown and other assets, and you call Pelinka and tell him we are sending AD to Boston for this package unless you can offer more. You do the same with Ainge. If one of them sweetens their deal yo give the other guy a chance to up their deal until you get what you want. If one of them blinks just take that other deal. The only reason for this to drag on is other teams are involved but not just from a three way deal aspect.

Seriously, how hard is it to call someone and say, you have to do better or I'm taking the other guys offer?

Or they could be, y'know, just polite decent people who don't see any need to be rude or insulting to someone else.

And like I said, maybe they don't hate each other: maybe they're just vaguely friendly, or neutral. It's not like it's either they're best friends or mortal enemies. They could just be kinda alright.
    I don't think they would go out of their way so much to talk each other up if they were just okay with each other. They really kind of gush over each other. I think they may have a budding relationship! LOL

Something else is cooking at this point. There are either other teams making offers or they are trying hard to work a three team deal somehow. At this point if all you have are the reported offers from Boston and LA you simply pick the one you like more, say Brown and other assets, and you call Pelinka and tell him we are sending AD to Boston for this package unless you can offer more. You do the same with Ainge. If one of them sweetens their deal yo give the other guy a chance to up their deal until you get what you want. If one of them blinks just take that other deal. The only reason for this to drag on is other teams are involved but not just from a three way deal aspect.

Seriously, how hard is it to call someone and say, you have to do better or I'm taking the other guys offer?
    I think we are getting to the endgame offers. We got the initial phase and surprisingly... Lakers leaked. Rob tried to play hardball and he caved pretty quickly. Then, LA must of closed their circle down to just Jean & Rob after the initial leaks stopped. We haven't heard anything for almost 2 days. Granted, tho...

I think we are getting to the endgame offers. We got the initial phase and surprisingly... Lakers leaked. Rob tried to play hardball and he caved pretty quickly. Then, LA must of closed their circle down to just Jean & Rob after the initial leaks stopped. We haven't heard anything for almost 2 days. Granted, tho...
    I'm on the side of believing we haven't heard anything new from LA because there hasn't been anything new from LA.

Griff won't accept their stuff as-is, and they're having trouble finding a third team. We've heard multiple times that the proposed Ball-to-Phoenix-for-#6 and the Ball-Chicago-#7 deals aren't really something those teams would be interested in. Maybe that changes, or maybe it's flat out untrue, but I think there's probably some truth in it and LA has been unable to modify their offer enough to make progress. Meanwhile, Ainge isn't going to leak.

I'm on the side of believing we haven't heard anything new from LA because there hasn't been anything new from LA.

Griff won't accept their stuff as-is, and they're having trouble finding a third team. We've heard multiple times that the proposed Ball-to-Phoenix-for-#6 and the Ball-Chicago-#7 deals aren't really something those teams would be interested in. Maybe that changes, or maybe it's flat out untrue, but I think there's probably some truth in it and LA has been unable to modify their offer enough to make progress. Meanwhile, Ainge isn't going to leak.
    LOL, i don't understand why we would want the 7th or Lavine. Washington is a mess with no GM. 1 and 4th should all we want in picks. Then future picks. If they can't trade Lonzo and Ingram for a decent star. Then, they are kind of screwed. I feel like David playing possem with the 4th pick was a message to the Lakers that the deal isn't good enough.

Thread Information