Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 127 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Question AD trade scenarios...

Now that Zion is on the way, what are your AD trade scenarios?

AD to NY? AD to LA? AD to Boston?

What do you think are realistic returns from each team?

AD to NY - 3rd Overall Pick + Knox + Mitchell Robinson has to be the starting point.

AD to LA - 4th Overall Pick + Kuzma has to be the starting point.

AD to BSN - Memphis 2021 + Sacramento 2019 + Tatum + Brown has to be the starting point.

Realistic can go from there, with discussion and debate. Prices may raise, prices may drop, but that has to be the starting position.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    AD to NY - 3rd Overall Pick + Knox + Mitchell Robinson has to be the starting point.

AD to BSN - Memphis 2021 + Sacramento 2019 + Tatum + Brown has to be the starting point.

Realistic can go from there, with discussion and debate. Prices may raise, prices may drop, but that has to be the starting position.

I think those are solid ideas!!!

Based on these I would rank them NY with BSN a very close second and the Lakers third. Just depends on who Griff covets more. Does he like Tatum and Brown or does he go with the possibility at adding two top 3 players from the draft and the two youngsters from NY?

LA would have to add more to compete with those other two offers in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Based on these I would rank them NY with BSN a very close second and the Lakers third. Just depends on who Griff covets more. Does he like Tatum and Brown or does he go with the possibility at adding two top 3 players from the draft and the two youngsters from NY?

LA would have to add more to compete with those other two offers in my mind.
    I don't think LA has more, tbh. Ingram is a serious health risk. Ball is an offensive liability and brings awful drama with him. They're clearly the worst trade partner of the three, imo.

I don't think LA has more, tbh. Ingram is a serious health risk. Ball is an offensive liability and brings awful drama with him. They're clearly the worst trade partner of the three, imo.
    AD for Lebron and #3 LOL

I ask the Knicks for DSJ, Knox, Robinson, the 3rd overall pick, and the two 1st rounders they have in 2021. AD is that valuable.

AD to the Lakers for Ingram, Kuzma,Ball, Hart, 4th pick, and 2 future 1st

AD to the Knicks for Knox, DSJ, Trier, 3rd pick, and 2 future 1st

Those are my top 2 choices. Boston would be 3rd since I’m not interested in the picks in the teens they have along with a future Memphis pick that is a complete wild card. IMO the Lakers hands down have the best package to offer. In any deal we make I would either trade the best young player or the pick to acquire Bradley Beal. I think if we can land him while keeping a young stud in the trade then we are on the path to a potential dynasty. If we get the Knicks pick I’m keeping the player we pick and trading the young talent. With the Lakers I’m keeping Ingram and trading the pick and Ball for Beal.

AD for Lebron and #3 LOL
    They don't have #3

And as much as I love Lebron, no thanks to the drama, and no thanks to paying him that much money at his age, and no thanks to the possibility of him and Griffin moving back into ''trade everything to win now'' mode. Don't want it.

They don't have #3

And as much as I love Lebron, no thanks to the drama, and no thanks to paying him that much money at his age, and no thanks to the possibility of him and Griffin moving back into ''trade everything to win now'' mode. Don't want it.
    They could trade all their other assets and 4 for number 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I ask the Knicks for DSJ, Knox, Robinson, the 3rd overall pick, and the two 1st rounders they have in 2021. AD is that valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    AD to the Lakers for Ingram, Kuzma,Ball, Hart, 4th pick, and 2 future 1st

AD to the Knicks for Knox, DSJ, Trier, 3rd pick, and 2 future 1st

Those are my top 2 choices. Boston would be 3rd since I’m not interested in the picks in the teens they have along with a future Memphis pick that is a complete wild card. IMO the Lakers hands down have the best package to offer. In any deal we make I would either trade the best young player or the pick to acquire Bradley Beal. I think if we can land him while keeping a young stud in the trade then we are on the path to a potential dynasty. If we get the Knicks pick I’m keeping the player we pick and trading the young talent. With the Lakers I’m keeping Ingram and trading the pick and Ball for Beal.
    I like these Knicks options. What are the odds Ingram has a re-occurrence of the clot issue?

They could trade all their other assets and 4 for number 3.
    Yeah, that still doesn't help them. Don't want Lebron on this team right now. He's 34, declining on D, and as much as he's theoretically one of the best players possible for Zion to learn from, I don't want the drama surrounding Zion from his rookie year like that.

That's assuming Zion would even stay. Griffin has been clear that having Lebron on your team is a ''unique'' circumstance that forces you to go into win now mode and move in ''unsustainable'' ways. It wouldn't surprise me if Lebron would come here and then demand we trade Zion for Paul George or something.

No, no, no, and just in case it was missed, no again.

I like these Knicks options. What are the odds Ingram has a re-occurrence of the clot issue?
    From what I hear, his doctors say he's fine.

But Chris Bosh's doctors said he was fine, and he's still been out of the league for two years. The risk is just too high for me.

What about a three team trade with the Celtics and Wizards?

NO gets- Tatum, Beal, 14th 2019 pick (BOS)

Boston- Davis, S. Hill, multi

Wizards- Brown, E Moore, 2019 1st Boston, 2020 1st Boston, 2021 Memphis pick

Would we need Jrue to seal the deal for Wiz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post

If they do, then they can go skip rocks.

I'm not moving Jrue for anything short of the Earth.

Yeah, that still doesn't help them. Don't want Lebron on this team right now. He's 34, declining on D, and as much as he's theoretically one of the best players possible for Zion to learn from, I don't want the drama surrounding Zion from his rookie year like that.

That's assuming Zion would even stay. Griffin has been clear that having Lebron on your team is a ''unique'' circumstance that forces you to go into win now mode and move in ''unsustainable'' ways. It wouldn't surprise me if Lebron would come here and then demand we trade Zion for Paul George or something.

No, no, no, and just in case it was missed, no again.
    I don't want him here either. I want young guys that will be here when the Warriors fall apart.

Another scenario that adds to the Knicks at #3 is that I could see Memphis passing on Morant because of Connely if he stays there. They may look to Barrett. Imagine if next years lineup of:

Morant/DSJ
    Jrue
    ?/Zion
    Zion/Knox
    Randle/Robinson

Not very high. His issue is completely different from Bosh. If the Doc clears him then he’s good to go! With how Griff feels about Ingram I can see him all over this.

Knicks. It's a 3 player draft and they have the 3rd pick. Starting over with Duke 2 best players will jump start the rebuild. Hell we can get those Mavs picks as well.

Not very high. His issue is completely different from Bosh. If the Doc clears him then he’s good to go! With how Griff feels about Ingram I can see him all over this.
    Was it just a random thrombus and not a clotting factor issue like Bosh?

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Knicks. It's a 3 player draft and they have the 3rd pick. Starting over with Duke 2 best players will jump start the rebuild. Hell we can get those Mavs picks as well.
    My thoughts exactly. Reunite Barrett and Zion, throw in Robinson to protect the rim and do the dirty work, and add those Mavs picks ad we're good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post

I would think it’s a guarantee we get Brown in a trade with the Celtics. The leverage we have right now has never been higher. With Brown along with the Celtics picks we would not have to offer Jrue. If we did then the trade would make little sense. We don’t need a boatload of young players so I would go after Beal hard! We will have the ammo to go acquire another star.

The Franchise
    These are my thoughts

Lakers - has to be a min of what they were offering (Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma). Problem is I don’t want any of them so you’d have to add 4th pick and move other players. Ball and Ingram to the suns for Bridges, Warren, and pick would be nice.

Knicks - min Robinson, DSJ, Knox, 3rd pick and both Dallas picks. This one I’d move Knox and DSJ just don’t know where.

Celtics - min Tatum, Brown, Memphis pick, sac pick, and clippers pick. My favorite would be Davis and Moore for minimum and they throw in Hayward whom I’d move. I want Bridges and Warren and maybe the Suns would take him to get another star. I’d then move Brown, Hill and whatever 2-1st rounders (maybe even a couple 2nds) to Washington for Beal.

Jrue
    Beal, Frank
    Tatum, Bridges, Kenrich
    Zion, Warren
    Oak, Wood

Should have enough for a really good FA. It’s a lot but this is my wish list and most will be locked up for 3 or more years
    Last edited by tdcreator; 05-14-2019 at 09:45 PM.

I mean, 90% of me agrees, the other 10% is wondering what the hell Danilo Gallinari is doing in that Clippers list.

All of a sudden you have access to Ingram’s medical records?

Thread Information