Pelicans Report

Page 84 of 127 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    A little perspective for once.
    Rich Paul is doing what AD wants. Has AD been influenced as to what he thinks he wants? Possibly.
    Jrue dat

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This is old but interesting. I'm obsessed today with whether or not John Wall is the key to the AD deal.

Source No. 1, a current NBA agent, surprised me by saying the story was true. The source said it’s something Rich Paul β€” agent to LeBron James and, as of January 2016, John Wall β€” was orchestrating. But, according to this source, the Wizards were saying no.
    https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018/...ngton-wizards/

If the Wizards are going to trade Bradley Beal, they have to dump John Wall at the same time and kick start a rebuild. It's negligent of whoever is running that franchise to even consider trading Beal if Wall isn't a part of the deal.

Rich knows better than anyone if Wall is going to put the effort in to be a productive player when he's healthy, but that contract is a huge liability for the next 4 years no matter what.

I could definitely see the Lakers resisting having not only that contract, but three Klutch clients on the roster - 4 if KCP remains on the team.

I also have to wonder if Washington would view moving up 5 spots in the draft, plus getting Ball/Kuzma/Hart sufficient for trading Beal, even factoring in the cost of dumping Wall. The cost to move up is generally a 1st the following year. And you'd have to think Ball is worth a 1st. The cost for Nets to dump Crabbe was essentially a 1st - and at this point moving the Wall contract would cost at least that.

So that's a net +3 first round picks and two useful players for Beal. I think the Wiz do it. But all those Klutch clients would give me heartburn if I'm Lakers.

Look at this trade. People are losing it

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Shams is reporting that Kyrie is Opting out

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...682939393?s=20
    He was always opting out.

The LA media seems to be oblivious to whatever leverage Rich Paul thinks was gained in that SI interview......I just saw them throw out:

PELS: Zach LaVine, Ingram, 4th pick

LAKERS: AD

BULLS: Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, Bonga, and future 1st

The New York media has yet to get the news from last page that apparently the Knicks dropped out (sarcasm). I saw them posting an idea for the dream package we've been wanting of:

Knicks: AD

PELS: 3rd pick, Robinson, DSJ, Knox, 2021 1st, and 2023 1st.

some info from what is supposed to be a legit reddit poster >

Lakers and Pelicans trade facing a roadblock. Majority of framework has been agreed on. Looking for a third team.

Hey guys,

As of 10pm yesterday, Lakers and pelicans have agreed on majority of the trade. What I was told is that Lakers have official told pelicans what they are putting on the table, and the pelicans have agreed to it

The problem has been the third team, during the initial stages it was between Chicago and Phoenix. However both teams have fallen off, two new emerging team have came out, the wizards and the hawks.

There is a high sense of optimism that the trade will get done.

Link:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comm...g_a_roadblock/

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The LA media seems to be oblivious to whatever leverage Rich Paul thinks was gained in that SI interview......I just saw them throw out:

The New York media has yet to get the news from last page that apparently the Knicks dropped out (sarcasm). I saw them posting an idea for the dream package we've been wanting of:

Knicks: AD

PELS: 3rd pick, Robinson, DSJ, Knox, 2021 1st, and 2023 1st.

That's not so much a dream package, as all they have. I think if that would get the deal done, it would be done.

Funny they refer to it as a 'bluff'. I'm less of a betting man than them.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Really comes down to AD wanting that LA lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Tell me, who is Wall's agent again.... ?
    Rename them the Los Angeles Klutches and let the Timberwolves take the Minneapolis Lakers name back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    some info from what is supposed to be a legit reddit poster >

Lakers and Pelicans trade facing a roadblock. Majority of framework has been agreed on. Looking for a third team.

Hey guys,

As of 10pm yesterday, Lakers and pelicans have agreed on majority of the trade. What I was told is that Lakers have official told pelicans what they are putting on the table, and the pelicans have agreed to it

The problem has been the third team, during the initial stages it was between Chicago and Phoenix. However both teams have fallen off, two new emerging team have came out, the wizards and the hawks.

There is a high sense of optimism that the trade will get done.

Link:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comm...g_a_roadblock/
    Some seem to think it would be Ingram/Lonzo/8/10 coming back to Pels w/ 4 going to Hawks.

Some seem to think it would be Ingram/Lonzo/8/10 coming back to Pels w/ 4 going to Hawks.
    Why would we do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would they get Atlanta involved for that? Would seem way too easy to have gotten that done if that is all it was.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    If that's the case then the NBA needs to contract about half it's teams.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    I'm firmly in the anyone but L.A. camp now. F him. I honestly don't care if we get less elsewhere. Good riddance and the sooner he's gone the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Why would we do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Why would they get Atlanta involved for that? Would seem way too easy to have gotten that done if that is all it was.
    Don't shoot the messenger. I just clicked the link and went through Lakers reddit.

But absent knowing what the other offers were, my guess is we'd do that if that's the best offer.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    All he posted was:

"Hey guys,
    There is a high sense of optimism that the trade will get done."

and

"They’ve agreed on the framework, but it’s not complete yet. Basically pelicans told lakers to find a third team that will be giving up valuable asset for one of our young players.
    I heard hawks are interested in our fourth pick, so in a three way trade our pick might be going there"

And then it's just a bunch of random Laker fans spewing random speculations out there. Nothing specific at all. I really can't see us trading for Lonzo, and I imagine part of the reason for getting other teams involved is to flip Lonzo.
    Last edited by donato; 06-12-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Don't shoot the messenger. I just clicked the link and went through Lakers reddit.

But absent knowing what the other offers were, my guess is we'd do that if that's the best offer.
    I agree we will take the best offer, but my question would be why would there be such a push for a 3rd team if that was all that was needed.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Many on the reddit thread are saying he's very reliable. So...maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I agree we will take the best offer, but my question would be why would there be such a push for a 3rd team if that was all that was needed.
    If we see prospects 4 through 10 as equal....so like....everyone after Zion, Ja, and RJ.....we think everyone else is very close in talent and we're just looking to stockpile talent with Zion.

Not a fan of the trade or saying all of those guys are equal, just playing Devil's Advocate.

Well, the SI article did exactly what Rich Paul intended for it to do.

Send a lot of people into a tailspin panic despite containing literally zero new information, trying to push for leverage in a situation that's already well understood by everyone.

Well played.
    Basketball.

Thread Information