Pelicans Report

Page 92 of 127 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Man, didn't they offer Kuzma AND THEN SOME back in February? What changed here?

I'm hanging up.
    I don't think we really know what they offered.

They got insanely lucky in the lotto, too. Had we not got as lucky as we did their luck would have been a big story. That pick gained a lot of value.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes. But you don't want a team full of people all trying to learn the system. It will be hard enough intergrating Zion and whatever we get from AD. Jrue is a key piece is helping set an example for the rookies and already knowing the system to ease the transition. You don't get that with 10 brand new players on the team veterans or not.
    Like I already said, no matter where AD goes, we will have upwards of 6 players on this roster next year under the age of 24.

Christian Wood, Zion Williamson, Kenrich Williams, Frank Jackson, Jahlil Okafor. All will be under 24.

If AD goes to NY, add Mitchell Robinson and RJ Barrett to that list. If he goes to Boston, add Tatum and Smart, and whoever we draft at #14. If he goes to LA, add Ingram, Culver, and possibly someone at #6 like Garland.

When you're dealing with 6, 7, 8 young guys on the team, you don't NEED to sell off assets to try and find more youth. You have youth. Good, smart, disciplined, level-headed vets are important. Jrue is one. Let him lead the way.
    Basketball.

Yeah i would want kuzma too considering Ingrams blood clot issue.

Yes. But you don't want a team full of people all trying to learn the system. It will be hard enough intergrating Zion and whatever we get from AD. Jrue is a key piece is helping set an example for the rookies and already knowing the system to ease the transition. You don't get that with 10 brand new players on the team veterans or not.
    Who cares about the system. Is Gentry guaranteed to be here beyond next year? I want the next 3 years about player development.

Make the Knicks trade with the Suns as a third team. The Nets sign Kyrie, so we sign De’Angelo Russell. Bring back Elfrid Payton as well to back up Russell. Draft Naz Reid or the best power forward at 37 and Tacko Fall at 57.

C: Robinson, Okafor, Fall
    PF: Zion, Reid, Wood
    SF: RJ, Jackson, Knox
    SG: Jrue, Moore, FJax
    PG: Russell, Payton, Ntilikina

That would sure be a fun team to watch next season.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Make the Knicks trade with the Suns as a third team. The Nets sign Kyrie, so we sign De’Angelo Russell. Bring back Elfrid Payton as well to back up Russell. Draft Naz Reid or the best power forward at 37 and Tacko Fall at 57.

C: Robinson, Okafor, Fall
    PF: Zion, Reid, Wood
    SF: RJ, Jackson, Knox
    SG: Jrue, Moore, FJax
    PG: Russell, Payton, Ntilikina

That would sure be a fun team to watch next season.
    We don't have the cap space to sign D'Angelo Russell. He'll be commanding a max or close to it, we don't have even close to that money.

Let alone the money to sign him to a max and still sign extra rookies like Fall, Reid, and Barrett, AND bring back Payton.

Also, Naz Reid still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Who cares about the system. Is Gentry guaranteed to be here beyond next year? I want the next 3 years about player development.
    Gentry developing players. Imagine that!

Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post
    Woj and others on the Lakers and Celtics offers. https://youtu.be/ml_aqbYm48k
    Adding to this: Woj says Tatum is probably the best player New Orleans could get from anyone. He says the Lakers package is clear. But Boston is more fluid and would likely be either Tatum and not much else, or a wider package around Brown and draft picks.

(Of course there would have to be other players in either Boston trade to match salaries.)
    Last edited by Gant-; 06-12-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post
    Adding to this: Woj says Tatum is probably the best player New Orleans could get from anyone. He says the Lakers package is clear. But Boston would likely be either Tatum and not much else, or a better package around Brown and draft picks.

(Of course there would have to be other players in either Boston trade to match salaries.)
    Just saying, and maybe this is unpopular

But I'd rather have Brown, Smart, and all the picks than anything LA can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyinthe504 View Post
    Yeah i would want kuzma too considering Ingrams blood clot issue.
    I like Kuzma but where does he play here? he's a 4.

Small ball 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just saying, and maybe this is unpopular

But I'd rather have Brown, Smart, and all the picks than anything LA can offer.
    Tatum maybe. Brown no. Brown is on the Ball/Kuzma level, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Tatum maybe. Brown no.
    Brown is a better prospect than Ingram, imo.

Better defender, better shooter.

edit: and no bloodclot issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ML127 View Post

Small ball 5?
    His profile says SF.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Small ball 5?
    sf a postion we never had

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    sf a postion we never had
    He's a defensive liability at the 3.

He's a defensive liability at the 3.
    he is an upgrade from what we have now (k williams)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'm getting major deja vu from when we were trading Chris Paul. I just want this BS to end.

Brown has shown far more in the NBA than Kuzma, Ball, or Ingram. It's why I never thought getting Tatum AND Brown was extremely high odds. Maybe in a world where another team had Zion and he was on the table in a trade Boston would have to include both, but once we got Zion the two best players of any of the main teams involved in talks was Tatum and Brown.

The only reason his value isn't super crazy is because he only has 1 year left then will be getting PAID.

Defensively? No he's not.

Offensively, yeah he is, but only on-ball. He's a terrible catch and shoot guy (shot 9 of 28 on catch and shoot threes this year, which is 32%), and was only 50th percentile in transition offense.

*breaks glass bottle on the ground*

How dare you talk about Kenny Hustle that way.

Brown has shown far more in the NBA than Kuzma, Ball, or Ingram. It's why I never thought getting Tatum AND Brown was extremely high odds. Maybe in a world where another team had Zion and he was on the table in a trade Boston would have to include both, but once we got Zion the two best players of any of the main teams involved in talks was Tatum and Brown.

The only reason his value isn't super crazy is because he only has 1 year left then will be getting PAID.
    I wouldn't mind paying him though, because he's so young and has those skills (shooting, ball handling, defense) that are so valuable.

I'd obviously still prefer Tatum, but if the offers came down to Ingram, Ball, and #4 vs Brown, Smart, #14, #20, Memphis pick, then the answer is obvious even without Tatum involved.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    If that's the case I take Tatum and little else. The Lakers guys are only interesting if you can flip them. Tatum, #14 (and hopefully but not required future Memphis pick) is fine by me. Quality > quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Defensively? No he's not.

Offensively, yeah he is, but only on-ball. He's a terrible catch and shoot guy (shot 9 of 28 on catch and shoot threes this year, which is 32%), and was only 50th percentile in transition offense.
    I know but if i had to pick a starter out of the two i would have to go with Kuz.

Thread Information