Pelicans Report

Page 82 of 127 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

If LA is such a destination place, and if Lebron is such a great player, then why don’t other star players want to go to LA ago play with Lebron?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

AD could wear a Lakers jersey at a presser stating that he’ll only be a Laker while getting a lakers tattoo and some around here will say AD will re-sign with the C’s. I don’t know about you guys/gals but if I want something, nothing can change my mind. I don’t know how there is a narrative that he’ll be happy once he gets there after the man has said several times that he doesn’t want to go . What should have happened was the 2 parties should have worked behind the scenes to get AD where he wanted to go. The pissing contest is something Griff can’t win. AD holds the cards whether you believe it or not. Trade him where he doesn’t want to be, he’ll simply not show up. It’s been done before by lesser players.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If LA is such a destination place, and if Lebron is such a great player, then why don’t other star players want to go to LA ago play with Lebron?

He’s the best player of this era. Everyone wants to beat him not join him

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This is the first time they've been this stern and direct since the last time they were exactly this stern and direct right before the trade deadline.

I do agree with you that the message may make Boston withhold assets....but it is the exact same message and tone. This is what made the public sympathize with us a few months back. If Boston is withholding, they always have been.
    We disagree in one area. That Paul and Davis has been publicly this stern with Ainge. While we can assume they have been stern privately again we don't know. There's a big difference in term of saving face if you are Ainge. Rich Paul has been telling Ainge privately Davis will not re-sign Danny could pretend like he was getting early signs that Davis could be convinced. Again similar to what we saw with Paul George or what we are seeing now with Kawhi Leonard. However when that direct tone is made public Ainge loses that protection. Now you, me or anyone who cares about the situation knows he's already been warned. That kind of transparency more than likely would cost Danny his job if/when Davis bolts.

True. It's all speculation. Ainge has been at this a long time. Dae has chronicled his passion for AD. UNO just posted his past success in a very similar situation. But it is all a guess on our part.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    He’s WAS the best player of this LAST era. Everyone wants to beat him not join him
    No one has said AD will sign in Boston long term....just that Boston might not be swayed. But I like the idea of AD going to LA....pairing up long term with an aging James and being tied to that anchor as he sinks into the realms of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yeah if I’m Griff I pull the trigger now. This is getting ridiculous with the threats. The Lakers deal is not that bad.
    Well nothing will be finalized until draft night. But he needs to have the deal in place ASAP. To me what's best for our future was a Knicks trade at the deadline and still right now. I have no idea why Griffin is allegedly pushing for an all-star player back. The real value will be in draft picks and rookie contract that can end up being the next Kawhi Leonard, Steph Curry, James Harden, Paul George, etc.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Lol, in this NBA culture? People want to join super teams, not try to beat them. See: Durant, Kevin.

No one wants to go to LA, because they know LeBron is about his own self interest, and he's turning 35 in December while coming off the worst injury of his career. Not to mention the culture in the Lakers front office is incredibly toxic. I mean look at how Magic left. It's been a total disaster. If anything the Clippers are a more desirable location. They have a good owner, still play in a big market, and less drama.

I'm inclined to think that LeBron and Klutch is complicit with the media. The sports media ALL want the Lakers to be at the top again, and LeBron has done everything he can in his career. Now he has to think about life after basketball. No one and their mothers would want to play on the Lakers, unless there was a reason to join the Lakers. Something to think about.

The narrative was “players will want to team with Lebron” until they found out nobody wants to sign with a team he is on. Now nobody will go there unless they are represented by Klutch, or they are traded there. In short, nobody is going to LA on their own accord.

I think something we are over looking here is that Ainge and the Celtics are very likely going to lose Irving. So Danny is seeing 1st hand how difficult it is to keep these guys in place. Ainge's only saving grace is that he didn't trade significant value(because the Cavs are run by idiots) so losing Kyrie won't cost them much. Now we are expecting him to turn around and trade the farm for Davis. Irving was actually excited about going to Boston and now it's expected that he's leaving. What you think happens to a guy that doesn't want to be there?

I feel bad for having trashed Demps so much when it is now coming out that Rich Paul revealed the Lakers plans, but Demps was blamed for airing all of it. Demps turned into Klutch’s whipping boy, I want to see Klutch bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Lol, in this NBA culture? People want to join super teams, not try to beat them. See: Durant, Kevin.

No one wants to go to LA, because they know LeBron is about his own self interest, and he's turning 35 in December while coming off the worst injury of his career. Not to mention the culture in the Lakers front office is incredibly toxic. I mean look at how Magic left. It's been a total disaster. If anything the Clippers are a more desirable location. They have a good owner, still play in a big market, and less drama.

I'm inclined to think that LeBron and Klutch is complicit with the media. The sports media ALL want the Lakers to be at the top again, and LeBron has done everything he can in his career. Now he has to think about life after basketball. No one and their mothers would want to play on the Lakers, unless there was a reason to join the Lakers. Something to think about.
    The narrative was “players will want to team with Lebron” until they found out nobody wants to sign with a team he is on. Now nobody will go there unless they are represented by Klutch, or they are traded there. In short, nobody is going to LA on their own accord.
    This is just one of those rare situations where the leading FA's all want to be alphas. Leonard wants to be the man just because that is who he is. Durant wants to be the man because he just experienced the highest levels of success, and the basketball world has questioned his impact. Lastly Irving has already been James' Robin and left for the sole purpose of having his "own" team.

Those are the top 3 guys. The very next tier guys will gladly go to LA to play with James.

I feel bad for having trashed Demps so much when it is now coming out that Rich Paul revealed the Lakers plans, but Demps was blamed for airing all of it. Demps turned into Klutch’s whipping boy, I want to see Klutch bleed.
    Why? Demps (as well as every competent GM) should understand the power the players have. If your star player says he wants to be traded then you trade him. The more private you can keep the trade request the better.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    The tone is far more direct. Leaving Boston off the list is different than saying no Boston. Toronto wasn't on Kawhi's list nor OKC on George's list. Neither player came out and said if said team trades for me it's a one year rental as direct as that quote from Rich Paul. So while I agree this has been out for awhile and I don't know how much it moves the needle I'd imagine if you're Ainge getting it this direct publicly has to give him some greater sense of pause.
    This interview was done in March it’s just now being put in this package and out out there by SI this isn’t a new interview people need to relax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be fine keeping him and letting him rot on our bench just to hurt his money over taking some trash players from the lakers
    I'm a grinder

The biggest think I take from it is that I doubt we were getting the offers we've all been dreaming of. The Celtics may be withholding Tatum and NY withholding the #3 pick. Rven the latest Laker rumor has Kuzma out of the offer.

I still like Fletch's logic, though. Today is still very early to agree on a trade. The speculation was this weekend at the earliest. This is the type of move that damages AD's rep. I don't think they were doing it because we are dragging our feet. Quite the opposite, Griffin was putting out info saying he wants it done soon to be able to evaluate draft picks. So I'm buying that this was put out there because Klutch didn't like the way things were looking for LA. Someone else was fronting.

As we all just pointed out, LeBron and LA is dead without AD. Another season goes by and it really could be so bad AD changes his mind. KD balloon popped. GS is fallible. Kawhi could still leave Toronto and then the NBA is a giant toss up. This is old news as AD had made it very clear from the get go it was LA or bust with a possible NY.....I really don't think this article sways GMs in the least.

Also all this smoke wouldn’t be coming out if Griffin wasn’t getting Rich Paul scared just relax and let Griffin do is work this dude can walk circles around Rich Paul . Get ready for the Pelicans spin doctors to be coming out soon . My prediction = deal with team X getting close looks like Lakers may be out !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? Demps (as well as every competent GM) should understand the power the players have. If your star player says he wants to be traded then you trade him. The more private you can keep the trade request the better.
    No doubt, but Paul said stuff that Demps got blamed for. If you are going to put things out there don’t let some other guy get shat on for your stupid words.

I'm just starting to speculate if this release was more because of the KD injury than anything in the actual trade talks.

Like.....once KD's balloon popped, the NBA next season all of a sudden becomes a free for all. The Warriors are fallible. I think they stay intact aside from KD but that can be bested. There is still a chance Kawhi leaves Toronto. So the East and West really are open. A ton of teams have to be feeling like they can be the next Toronto and bring AD in, make a giant run, and convince him to stay. As stated above, LA sucks. If they miss out on AD next season will be abysmal. LeBron is aging and had the worst injury in his career....teams may really think they can sway him. Some of you guys were saying all this yesterday, so I'm riding your coattails but this release smacks more of desperation to disway all of those teams to stay out of the bidding.

I really doubt GMs worth their salt get swayed.

I know I'm waffling all over the place....but there really is more fog than there is visibility here. Impossible puzzle to put together.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-12-2019 at 10:56 AM.

If you want a great listen, go listen to the Locked on Lakers podcast for today. They think that they hold all the cards, and are in a position of power. They don’t even realize the economics behind it all, they just think that because they are the Lakers, and because they have Klutch and Lebron that the Pels have to bend the knee. Those guys are brazen with their pomposity.

We disagree in one area. That Paul and Davis has been publicly this stern with Ainge. While we can assume they have been stern privately again we don't know. There's a big difference in term of saving face if you are Ainge. Rich Paul has been telling Ainge privately Davis will not re-sign Danny could pretend like he was getting early signs that Davis could be convinced. Again similar to what we saw with Paul George or what we are seeing now with Kawhi Leonard. However when that direct tone is made public Ainge loses that protection. Now you, me or anyone who cares about the situation knows he's already been warned. That kind of transparency more than likely would cost Danny his job if/when Davis bolts.
    The interview was from March.

Really goes to show how people will use the info they have to fit the narratives they want.

Hopefully Jake is right

I think something we are over looking here is that Ainge and the Celtics are very likely going to lose Irving. So Danny is seeing 1st hand how difficult it is to keep these guys in place. Ainge's only saving grace is that he didn't trade significant value(because the Cavs are run by idiots) so losing Kyrie won't cost them much. Now we are expecting him to turn around and trade the farm for Davis. Irving was actually excited about going to Boston and now it's expected that he's leaving. What you think happens to a guy that doesn't want to be there?
    Woj reported last night that Ainge basically has a backup deal in place for Conley if Kyrie bolts.

Ainge is clearly not on board with the wait and develop the young guys approach you seem to think.

He did this before with his Big three and at a minimum seems open and actively gaming out taking that risk now.

Conley/Smart or Brown/Hayward/AD/Horford plus FA role players can get you to the finals, and that is probably what Ainge is thinking. If Kyrie stays, great, upgrading Conley to Kyrie probably makes you favorites.

Thread Information