Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 127 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    There's a part of me that wonders if doing a deal w/Lakers isn't the clear best route -- I mean if they include the youngsters of our choice, and all their future picks. That front office is laughably bad. In a few years, those picks could be worth a ton. Remember that LeBron is old and age can hit you all at once. Not to mention injuries. AD himself is injury prone and isn't the type of guy who is going to go out and recruit for you. They can easily find themselves in a couple years with an old LeBron and a maxed out AD on their books leaving them no room for anything. Plus they won't have the draft picks to help them. Plus the picks in the mid to late lottery now carry more value. If the Lakers say 'F it, lets go for it' I'm not sure this isn't a sure-fire win for Pelicans.

We are talking about a front office who after signing LeBron went out and got Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson, and JaVale McGee.
    They can't include the youngsters of our choice, because if I can choose, I'm not picking Brandon ''Blood Clots'' Ingram, Lonzo ''No Shot'' Ball, or Kyle ''Defense? What?'' Kuzma.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The best thing that can happen is we resign AD. No offer even comes close to giving us a decent return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

******** trading AD

AD/Zion/Jrue

That is your championship core right there

How much cap do we have if we keep AD? Who’s providing the outside shooting for that trio? Who starts at point and SF? Will AD stick it out for the 2-3 years it’s going to take for Zion to develop?

I mean we have to think of the timeline here too. Jrue will be 32, 33, 34? When Zion is starting to hit his stride. AD will be 30 costing zillions.

I still think if you can get another top 3 pick this year you take it and go young.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints#34 View Post
    How much cap do we have if we keep AD? Who’s providing the outside shooting for that trio? Who starts at point and SF? Will AD stick it out for the 2-3 years it’s going to take for Zion to develop?

I mean we have to think of the timeline here too. Jrue will be 32, 33, 34? When Zion is starting to hit his stride. AD will be 30 costing zillions.

I still think if you can get another top 3 pick this year you take it and go young.
    You do a sign and trade for a guy like Brogdan using cap space.
    Send them Moore so they don't lose him for nothing.

Use the MLE on Terrance Ross.
    Sign Payton using the RE.

Brogdan/Payton
    Holiday/Jackson/2nd round
    Ross/Williams/Hill
    Williamson/Wood/Diallo
    Davis/Okafor/2nd round

Both Ross and Brogdan are low usage guys who can shoot.

Williams, Payton, Jackson, Wood, Okafor and Diallo aren't bad role players either.

Any idea what day the Griffin AD meeting is set to take place ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I agree that it's the most enticing, and I also agree that it would be better if they had better stuff. I think that's true for all trades though: they are more attractive if they have better assets. I'm higher than you on Robinson though. I think his ceiling is Rudy Gobert level talent. Obviously that's a long shot and he may never reach that ceiling, but it's definitely attractive to me.

You and I both I genuinely think the Lakers deal is awful. Won't catch me disagreeing there.

I'm pretty keen on the Knicks trade. I think #3, Robinson, and the Dallas picks are a legitimately attractive haul, and I think you could probably flip DSJ for something else later too, though exactly what I'm not sure. Obviously no trade is perfect in this kind of scenario, but that's one that wouldn't make me feel sick.

Can you point me to a decent source for the idea that Ainge is suddenly not open to trading Tatum? All we've heard all year is that basically everyone is on the table, and even some recent reports from the last two weeks or so have said that Ainge is still open to trading for AD whether Kyrie stays or not. In that case, I'd be curious about contradictory reports.

As for the Mavs pick, I think that depends on a lot of factors. Luka is a really special talent, but Porzingis has been seriously injured for a long time, and his off-court life has been crazy recently. I don't see him returning at all-star level, and if he doesn't then the Mavs may be in trouble: they aren't known for their ability to attract free agents.
    I did neglect to mention Robinson. He has crazy athleticism and active hands around the basket. While I am not ready to say he'll be the next Rudy Gobert, I do think he has tremendous upside. He could fit well here.

As for a credible report on Ainge not including Tatum, most of it has been from talking heads though I admit these are some of the same people who are hoping that Davis lands in Los Angles or New York.

Robinson is the only prospect from the Knicks I would take back.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Question for people that know more than me ?? How does everyone feel about Barrett / Morant vs Tatum ? I really think Barrett could be better than both of them I’ve been watching a lot of tape I like Barrett’s size and skill set but I think I like both better than Tatum . I like the idea of keeping Barrett with Zion also I’m starting to lean toward the Knicks . I’m also a little higher on Knox Robinson and Smith than most I’m considering the Knicks were trying to tank and not putting much effort into winning I think they all would be much better in our system .

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Question for people that know more than me ?? How does everyone feel about Barrett / Morant vs Tatum ? I really think Barrett could be better than both of them I’ve been watching a lot of tape I like Barrett’s size and skill set but I think I like both better than Tatum . I like the idea of keeping Barrett with Zion also I’m starting to lean toward the Knicks . I’m also a little higher on Knox Robinson and Smith than most I’m considering the Knicks were trying to tank and not putting much effort into winning I think they all would be much better in our system .
    It is an interesting question. I think I like Tatum but do not like the Celtics picks. I have seen a lot of concern about whether Barrett and Zion are even a good fit on the court. Even so, I wish the Knicks had some decent players to include as I am not a fan of Knox, DSJ wore out his welcome quickly in Dallas (and not sure of his fit with Jrue/Zion) and Robinson has shown promise but reportedly ran with a bad crowd in New Orleans area and some have said the best thing to happen to him was go to NY.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    It is an interesting question. I think I like Tatum but do not like the Celtics picks. I have seen a lot of concern about whether Barrett and Zion are even a good fit on the court. Even so, I wish the Knicks had some decent players to include as I am not a fan of Knox, DSJ wore out his welcome quickly in Dallas (and not sure of his fit with Jrue/Zion) and Robinson has shown promise but reportedly ran with a bad crowd in New Orleans area and some have said the best thing to happen to him was go to NY.
    The Boston, Clipper, and NOLA is our best route. We are young except for 3 players that are still 30 or less, But we are also playoff ready (see post #297 this thread), BTW I'm from Chalmette until Katrina, still have family and friends there and I have also heard he was in poor company for a bit. Might not be a good idea to possibly reunite them even though I love his upside

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Barrett has much more potential then Tatum imo. I’m a huge Duke fan and don’t miss a game. RJ can be a flat out 2 way super star. The best thing for me is we know he and Zion both fit together great playing off each other at an elite level. IMO RJ is a bigger DWade. He might not be the shooter Tatum is yet but just about everything else he is better at. Zion/RJ kind of reminds me of Lebron/Wade with some differences of course but a similar duo skill set wise.

Mitchell Robinson can be the ideal center who does not need the ball to have a huge impact on a game. He reminds me a lot of AD without the consistent jumper. This kid is a very solid center as of right now and will continue to get bigger and stronger. Okafor is a very good compliment to Robinson as well where we will have 2 different centers depending on what we are trying to do. Our center position would be set for a long time. I’m trading Knox and DSJr along with a couple of picks to bring in a star player that fits around our players. Ideally for me it’s Bradley Beal. Don’t sleep on Alonzo Trier either who will no doubt be included in a deal with the Knicks. Kid is the next Kyle Korver/Danny Green clone except he can score in many other ways then shooting. He has a ton of talent and is a sniper from deep. Would be a perfect fit off the bench in a back court with Frank Jackson. A trio of Frank/Trier/Keinrich would be so much fun to watch.

https://youtu.be/AfcwPNs831E
    Trier Highlights
    11 ppg/3 rpg/2 apg FG-45% 3pt-39%
    Season average as a rookie on just 22 mpg! Had 8 games with 20+ points and 1 game with 31 points. Kid is going to be a stud and not someone Knicks fans will be happy to lose.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-20-2019 at 06:10 PM.

I’m going back and forth but I’m back on the Lakers.

Lakers: AD

Pelicans: Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart, 2019 4th pick, and a 2020 top 10 protected pick(don’t think we could get an unprotected pick, if you could even get this)

That is a WAY better haul than what the Knicks have to offer. After looking at Knox, he was horrible. Smith is ok, but doesn’t have the potential of Ball IMO. Robinson looks like a starting center, but not on the level of Kuzma as a player. De’Andre Hunter, Jared Culver, or Cam Reddish would be a great addition at 4 in the draft. I prefer Hunter, but Ingram is a small forward. But Ingram can play the 2 if needed. Josh Hart is good backup 2 guard that is good on defense.

Unless Boston can get the 2nd or 3rd pick I don’t care for their deal all that much.

Ingram will be a 20 ppg scorer IMO. Kuzma will be a damn good 6th man. Ball will be a top ten point guard IMO. He’s already a top notch defender and has serious skills on offense. He reminds me of a taller Jason Kidd so much. Hunter, Culver, or Reddish will be good starters in the league and maybe even better.

C: Free Agent, Okafor
    PF: Zion, Kuzma
    SF: Ingram, Hunter
    SG: Jrue, Hart
    PG: Ball, Payton (maybe resign unless Frank is ready. I forgot about Moore, so Jrue could be your backup point guard really. Have either him or Ball our there most of the time with Frank possibly being the guy when both need to be out at the same time)

or

C: Robinson, Okafor
    PF: Zion
    SF: Barrett, Knox
    SG: Jrue, Moore
    PG: Smith

RJ Barrett, Mitchell Robinson, and picks?? Or a deep, young talented team that can grow into something special?
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 05-20-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks for the insight guys

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    AD to NY - 3rd Overall Pick + Knox + Mitchell Robinson has to be the starting point.

AD to LA - 4th Overall Pick + Kuzma has to be the starting point.

AD to BSN - Memphis 2021 + Sacramento 2019 + Tatum + Brown has to be the starting point.

Realistic can go from there, with discussion and debate. Prices may raise, prices may drop, but that has to be the starting position.
    AD + Hill to Boston --- Memphis 2021-SAC & LAC picks 2019, Tatum & Hayward

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I’m going back and forth but I’m back on the Lakers.

Lakers: AD

Pelicans: Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart, 2019 4th pick, and a 2020 top 10 protected pick(don’t think we could get an unprotected pick if this one)

That is a WAY better haul than what the Knicks have to offer. After looking at Knox, he was horrible. Smith is ok, but doesn’t have the potential of Ball IMO. Robinson looks like a starting center, but not on the level of Kuzma as a player. De’Andre Hunter, Jared Culver, or Cam Reddish would be a great addition at 4 in the draft. I prefer Hunter, but Ingram is a small forward. But Ingram can play the 2 if needed. Josh Hart is good backup 2 guard that is good on defense.

Unless Boston can get the 2nd or 3rd pick I don’t care for their deal all that much.

Ingram will be a 20 ppg scorer IMO. Kuzma will be a damn good 6th man. Ball will be a top ten point guard IMO. He’s already a top notch defender and has serious skills on offense. He reminds me of a taller Jason Kidd so much. Hunter, Culver, or Reddish will be good starters in the league and maybe even better.

C: Free Agent, Okafor
    PF: Zion, Kuzma
    SF: Ingram, Hunter
    SG: Jrue, Hart
    PG: Ball, Payton (maybe resign unless Frank is ready)

or

C: Robinson, Okafor
    PF: Zion
    SF: Barrett, Knox
    SG: Jrue
    PG: Smith

RJ Barrett, Mitchell Robinson, and picks?? Or a deep, young talented team that can grow into something special?
    L.A. can NOT give up this year and next years 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    L.A. can NOT give up this year and next years 1st round pick.
    They can on draft day

Quote Originally Posted by bustah View Post
    They can on draft day
    Not until after their pick.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I can't keep from thinking this whole situation with AD isn't going to go the way we think it will. Like something is going to come out of left field, something we haven't speculated. Not saying this in particular but something like AD agrees to return if the organization pushes all their chips in to try and win championship next season. I don't know how or what not but just saying, something we aren't expecting.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Is it really that big of a mess to have too many rookies/young players? Would keeping Jrue around really make a huge difference in their development? Assuming no...and we really like someone else after the presumed big 3 draft picks...something of a trade consisting of the following (I realize other pieces would need to be moved for salary purposes etc.):

Knicks:

AD
    Both Pelicans 2019 2nd round picks (37, 57)

Lakers:

Jrue
    DSJ

Pelicans:

Barrett (3rd pick overall)
    Garland/Culver/Hunter/Reddish/White/Doumbouya/etc. (4th pick overall)
    Mitchell
    Knox
    Unprotected Dallas 2021
    Unprotected Knicks 2021

Any interest? Good/bad idea? Seriously doubt we'd make the playoffs, which would be a good thing because we'd be able to add another piece in the 2020 lottery. From there I think things would be more settled in and you worry more about fit and what you have and what you want/need.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Is it really that big of a mess to have too many rookies/young players? Would keeping Jrue around really make a huge difference in their development? Assuming no...and we really like someone else after the presumed big 3 draft picks...something of a trade consisting of the following (I realize other pieces would need to be moved for salary purposes etc.):
    I really think it's important to have some veteran presence. I've been pretty adamant that I'm not trading Jrue unless Jrue specifics asks to be moved, and I'm still holding firm on this. When you come into the league, it's got to be a big professional culture shock, and there are a lot of pitfalls that young players can, and sometimes do, fall into. It's important to have someone around who is welcoming, open, professional and even-tempered to smooth out the transition and be that mentor. It's especially helpful to have that someone be a good person to work on your game with and model your work ethic after. Jrue is precisely that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Not until after their pick.
    Yes, but they would make the pick and trade the draft rights after July 1, so they could trade the 2020 pick.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post

Knicks:

AD
    Both Pelicans 2019 2nd round picks (37, 57)

Lakers:

Jrue
    DSJ

Pelicans:

Barrett (3rd pick overall)
    Garland/Culver/Hunter/Reddish/White/Doumbouya/etc. (4th pick overall)
    Mitchell
    Knox
    Unprotected Dallas 2021
    Unprotected Knicks 2021

Any interest? Good/bad idea? Seriously doubt we'd make the playoffs, which would be a good thing because we'd be able to add another piece in the 2020 lottery. From there I think things would be more settled in and you worry more about fit and what you have and what you want/need.
    Absolutely not. Trading Jrue isn't on the table unless we're getting something considerable. And a rookie isn't gonna cut it. Even though I think the consensus being that it's a 3 player draft is overwrought.

Response to a poster above saying: Jrue/AD/Zion = championship.

Problem is, we don't have deadly shooters like Klay, Steph, or KD. Give us one of them and add him to our squad, then championship.

I have always wandered what goes on in the minds of the FO as far as not going after shooters who can knock down 3's. That's what we're lacking in.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Response to a poster above saying: Jrue/AD/Zion = championship.

Problem is, we don't have deadly shooters like Klay, Steph, or KD. Give us one of them and add him to our squad, then championship.

I have always wandered what goes on in the minds of the FO as far as not going after shooters who can knock down 3's. That's what we're lacking in.
    That's part of why I'm kind of open to the Brogdon signing. We'd have to overpay a bit, but he is legitimately a real, 40+% shooter from the guard position.

Thread Information