Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Welcome all new fans! Welcome back old posters!

I had to log back in just to say...

ZION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    Winning the #1 pick made me sign in
    Same here! I've barely posted even when I registered way back, but I've been a consistent lurker the entire time. Don't feel like I actually know enough about the game to post lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet182 View Post
    Same here! I've barely posted even when I registered way back, but I've been a consistent lurker the entire time. Don't feel like I actually know enough about the game to post lol
    WoW you haven’t posted since 2006! Great memory still remembering that password haha! Sure you know enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets08 View Post
    I had to log back in just to say...

ZION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ziiiiiiion
    Basketball.

What a Great Morningnews. I was yesterday on a Bonamassa Concert and i forgott to look at the Lottery Results.
    Its so special that also here in Germany the Press took it on a Headline in the Morning. Okay, on a Sport App

We get a another shot to Build a Championship Team. Hope we learned from the misstakes in the past.

well I sacrificed my car to the draft pick gods today (unintentionally). had the thing blow up at the bottom of a basement carpark 10 minutes before it was due to start. trying to call roadside assist to come help, phone starts going off from friends pinging me. praise be the lucky tie!

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    well I sacrificed my car to the draft pick gods today (unintentionally). had the thing blow up at the bottom of a basement carpark 10 minutes before it was due to start. trying to call roadside assist to come help, phone starts going off from friends pinging me. praise be the lucky tie!
    Your sacrifice was not in vain.

First time in a very long time that I've been optimistic about the franchise long-term.

It feels good to feel good about the franchise again.
    Jrue dat

Blog Entries
    It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I bought season tickets a few years ago for the first time since I gave up my credentials, and reluctantly bought again at the end of last season, even though the two guys who shared one of my seats dropped out.

Yesterday I felt obligated to support the team to help ensure there is a team to support. Now I just feel fortunate to be able to be part of it.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Guilty as charged. I haven't posted in years, but now with Griff and Zion, I am kinda fired up about the Pels again.

I heard we got the first pick in the draft.....

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Orleans View Post
    I heard we got the first pick in the draft.....
    Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiion! Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiion! Welcome back!
    Thank you! Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiion! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A09D4F71-FD04-48D7-AF0A-8D89BD9DA361.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	6409

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Lots of names I haven't seen in a long time in here

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Um, aren't you a new fan and poster? Should I welcome you, or are you now the master of ceremonies around here?
    He just creates pointless threads, makes obvious comments to get his posts up and starts up new accounts when his old ones are banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet182 View Post
    Don't worry, none of us know what we're talking about either. We just use a lot more words to prove that point.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    WoW you haven’t posted since 2006! Great memory still remembering that password haha! Sure you know enough!
    Not really a good memory but more so since I've used the internet I've basically used a combination of the same passwords for non-sensitive type accounts that nothing would be compromised if I was hacked or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Don't worry, none of us know what we're talking about either. We just use a lot more words to prove that point.
    Gotcha. That makes sense . I've always been more of a football guy and in basketball just really followed the Hornets/Pelicans and honestly don't get to see many games more so highlights. But the good vibes around this season will change that!

Silverfoxx still here?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    For the last few minutes I've been like "WE REALLY GOT ZION! LIKE HOW THO?!!"

It just really hit me after watching some of his highlights again lol I've been around but Zion and Griff plus the potential load from the AD trade will have this franchise sitting pretty nice.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    For the last few minutes I've been like "WE REALLY GOT ZION! LIKE HOW THO?!!"

It just really hit me after watching some of his highlights again lol I've been around but Zion and Griff plus the potential load from the AD trade will have this franchise sitting pretty nice.
    I was just watching a little clip of an interview that Joel Myers retweeted, where Zion said the following:

''I'm only 18, I think I need to improve on everything. Even improve on my strengths, because that's what makes the best players in the world into the best players in the world, because they're always working on their strengths as well as their weaknesses. Whatever team I get drafted to, I'm gonna go there and let them pinpoint exactly what I need to work on, but while I'm working on my weaknesses, I'll also be working on my strengths.''

And then the interviewer basically says yeah sure, but what are those weaknesses? Because we know what your strengths are, so what do you think your weaknesses are? And he says:

''I mean, it could be different things. Maybe guarding the point guard more consistently, maybe a pull up jumper, maybe boxing out and not relying on my athleticism. It could be a lot of things, but honestly I'm not too sure myself because when I'm out there I'm really just trying to hoop.''

I love that answer. As much as he tries to dismiss the question, because he doesn't know for sure, the sort of things he's mentioning as weaknesses in his game are exactly the things you would want him to work on: polishing up that jumper, rebounding and defensive discipline, that stuff. The ability to admit you have weaknesses that need to be worked on, and the humbleness required to just say that you are going to let whichever team you go to diagnose what you need to work on with no assumptions beforehand. That's what you want.

Still can't believe this is real

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Still can't believe this is real
    itshappening.gif

Thread Information