Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: PELS WIN LOTTERY! Does AD stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    As ridiculous as this sounds...

Trade AD for the Knicks pick + Mitchell Robinson.

Use the Knicks pick to draft R.J. Barrett

Pair Barrett and Zion together on the Pelicans, the Duke boys.
    Don't forget Oak as well if he comes back. Is he signed through next year?

I was thinking it's pretty shady of them to send him to the Lottery for them literally months after they tried to kick his butt out of the city for AD.
    My first thought was "damage control mode active!"

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Don't forget Oak as well if he comes back. Is he signed through next year?
    Yep, he's signed.
    Basketball.

Nope. I don't want all the weird negativity that will inevitably surround AD if he comes back next year. But even more importantly, Zion is the type of player who you have to specifically build around to maximize his completely unique talents. AD gives you the ability to handpick some of the best pieces that would fit around him and build with Zion as a rock solid foundation and Jrue as a perfect secondary option.

I am happy the Pelicans won the lottery but it was predictable. Just like the year Benson purchased the team, you kind of knew that the Pels would win it to make the investment worthwhile. Now, you have a team in a very small market that has a superstar who is threatening to leave. How do you add top-shelf talent? Then we hire David Griffin who oversaw a Cavs that magically won the lottery multiple times. I said to a friend about a month ago that the Pelicans were going to win the lottery and it was going to either convince AD to stay or allow the team quickly to assemble a competitive team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Nope. I don't want all the weird negativity that will inevitably surround AD if he comes back next year. But even more importantly, Zion is the type of player who you have to specifically build around to maximize his completely unique talents. AD gives you the ability to handpick some of the best pieces that would fit around him and build with Zion as a rock solid foundation and Jrue as a perfect secondary option.
    We're lucky in that Zion, as unique as he is as a player, has a lot of skills that make him fairly comparable to some other stars in the league. He's a fast-break machine, an insane dunker, who can shoot a little bit but is not a sniper, with elite vision and strong passing abilities, rebounding skills and high level defense.

Who does that remind you of? And how did they build around him?

If they do trade AD to knicks they should get Knox, Barrett and Robinson. No less than that.

Also will have insane amounts of salary open soon. Just incredible. Plus Jrue has very solid trade value. Could get a 5-10 pick for him possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    If they do trade AD to knicks they should get Knox, Barrett and Robinson. No less than that.

Also will have insane amounts of salary open soon. Just incredible. Plus Jrue has very solid trade value. Could get a 5-10 pick for him possibly.
    You don't wanna trade Jrue. With that many young guys (Zion, Barrett, Robinson, Knox) on one team then you need a veteran leader who knows how to play properly on both ends of the floor to be their guide and their mentor. Jrue is the PERFECT guy for that. I'm not giving up a bespoke fit mentor and exemplary leader who did so much for our team in exchange for the 9th pick or whatever.

Shams reporting us winnijg doesn't change AD's stance.

I am finding it extremely hard to care.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post

I much rather what the Lakers have to offer then the Knicks. Either way I would be extremely happy but right now the Lakers deal is the best imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

Don't let the door hit ya...

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I much rather what the Lakers have to offer then the Knicks. Either way I would be extremely happy but right now the Lakers deal is the best imo.
    Better than the Celtics in light of the Ingram issue?

I hope he decides to stay, when healthy he is still one of the top 3 players in league. I hope we can sign him to the max deal. AD and Zion would be more dominate than when we had boogie.

GA has made it clear in other threads that he isn't worried about the Ingram issue, doesnt think it will recur.

Do they get the 2nd pick? If so then I’m going Celtics. We need to be pursuing Beal!

Jrue/Beal/Tatum/Zion!! That’s a core ready to win now!

I think getting the highest quality picks should be the highest priority. The two teams linked to AD are top 4. Celtics trade might be in the bushes. They have quantity of assets, but not much quality

Do they get the 2nd pick? If so then I’m going Celtics. We need to be pursuing Beal!

No, it stays with Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I think getting the highest quality picks should be the highest priority. The two teams linked to AD are top 4. Celtics trade might be in the bushes. They have quantity of assets, but not much quality
    I can be good with that. At this point i'm just along for the ride because we get to watch Zion dunk on people next year!

I can be good with that. At this point i'm just along for the ride because we get to watch Zion dunk on people next year!
    If AD leaves...

Chances Zion does a 360 windmill on AD?

If AD leaves...

Chances Zion does a 360 windmill on AD?
    I have no idea but it would be must see TV!

How about a three team trade with the Wizards and Celtics?

NO- Tatum, Beal, 14th pick (Celtics)

Celtics- Davis , Solomon Hill

Wiz- Brown, 2019 1st, 2020 1st, multiple 2nds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago he was talking about how the Knicks were going to use Zion in a trade for Anthony Davis. I am not saying it is untrue, but some of these guys plant stories and in return are given other real inside scoops by teams. Right now, he can report what he has heard from "league sources" without any consequences; but the rubber will meet the road soon enough.

This was the best possible outcome for us. We now hold ALL leverage in trades. NY can no longer low ball us or try and hold Zion ransom, if they want AD they will have to give everything. This forces Boston to have to come off their chest of goods. Then as stupid as it was, the Lakers having a top 4 pick means no one can try and low ball us because the Lakers can come back into the bidding.

This night might be even better for us than the night we won the lottery for AD. Actually, it 100% is. We are going to be in a WAY better position going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

7 hours ago he was talking about how the Knicks were going to use Zion in a trade for Anthony Davis. I am not saying it is untrue, but some of these guys plant stories and in return are given other real inside scoops by teams. Right now, he can report what he has heard from "league sources" without any consequences; but the rubber will meet the road soon enough.

Kawhi, every time.

He's much less ball dominant than KD and would be happy to defer to Zion more, and he's also a better defender. Jrue/Zion/Kawhi/AD would be the most defensively stifling four man group in the league, and it could score for days.
    Agreed

Thread Information