Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft Lottery Thread

Boston has to trade the house now. Knicks as well. Our leverage went up big time

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    I'm glad I have a good relationship with my upstairs neighbors... because me and my gf were screaming from about pick 4 down to #1 then all hell broke loose lol
    I'm so happy right now... so many questions now!!!!
    Yeah I'm waiting for the cops to come knocking for how loud I was lmao

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Brace yourselves, peeps.

The bandwagon commences in 3......2......1.....
    Welcome all bandwagoners

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Boston has to trade the house now. Knicks as well. Our leverage went up big time
    We sit down at every trade table with house money now. We already have the best asset anyone could offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nope! He stays, then great, we have a real alpha now to lead the team and he can take the second seat.

He leaves, then we just use him to load up on assets to build around Zion Williamson.

We have 8 years now, with arguably the most exciting draftee of the last 16 years. The franchise wasted AD for years. New era, new star, can't waste it again.
    I keep thinking about a big three of Jrue, AD, and Zion and then I think about a core of Jrue, Zion, Tatum and Brown plus picks. This is silly!

Tom Benson's ghost sighted in Chicago this evening

I'm in shock. This is amazing. I love Zion and I hope we get some good pieces to put with him. Imagine a Boston deal with Tatum/Smart and we trot out Okafor/Zion/Tatum/Jrue/Smart. I think that team has great potential on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    I'm in shock. This is amazing. I love Zion and I hope we get some good pieces to put with him. Imagine a Boston deal with Tatum/Smart and we trot out Okafor/Zion/Tatum/Jrue/Smart. I think that team has great potential on both ends.
    Not enough shooting. Would need to find a way to insert shooting. Nobody on that lineup is a sniper.

What I find really funny!! Is all of the whiney babies that we weren’t taking right! LoL!! Maybe we should have lost 2 more games..

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    What I find really funny!! Is all of the whiney babies that we weren’t taking right! LoL!! Maybe we should have lost 2 more games..
    What I find really funny is that something which had a miniscule chance of happening ended up happening, and the entire board is happy and getting along and enthusiastic for once, and then you decide that the best thing you could do right now is try and stir up an argument from like 2 months ago.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Tom Benson's ghost sighted in Chicago this evening
    Didn't even think of that. Mr. B was watching over us after the disaster that was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This shows full on tanking is no longer worth it. Not just us but how the top 4 played out.

I'm just happy to be here. I only started watching around '08, but I never imagined I would us in a position like this again.
    Jrue dat

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not enough shooting. Would need to find a way to insert shooting. Nobody on that lineup is a sniper.

Smart showed improvement from deep this year. Had a couple months where he averaged 40% from 3. If he can be consistent and Jrue can pick it up a notch we'll be fine, plus you dont know how much better Tatum can be in a new system that will be more tailored to him.

The defense would be scary good though, I could see Smart and Jrue give people nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Smart showed improvement from deep this year. Had a couple months where he averaged 40% from 3. If he can be consistent and Jrue can pick it up a notch we'll be fine, plus you dont know how much better Tatum can be in a new system that will be more tailored to him.

The defense would be scary good though, I could see Smart and Jrue give people nightmares.
    Zion is a tenacious defender too.

I mean, sure, if Smart has his best three point shooting year yet, and Jrue gets better too, and Zion's shot works reasonably well (30-35% from deep), then we'll be fine.

The NBA did us a favor for forcing us to play AD. I figured this might happen

Zion hype is real. Ticket services running down already

My only disappointment is that NY didn’t end up with the No2 pick. Could have had our future PG prospect as well- but we can now live the dream and fleece Boston for picks and land Bol Baller

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Yeah I'm waiting for the cops to come knocking for how loud I was lmao

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Im waiting for my knock as well lmao

David Griffin and the Lucky Tie

In fairness, that's just how I imagine most Knicks fans all the time. Even watching regular season games.

Thread Information