Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft Lottery Thread

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I've been saying we actually ahve the best chance to get Zion.

Why on EARTH would an NBA franchise take a possible MVP candidate for a definite MVP candidate? On the off chance the other MVP candidate is better? And if that means you can get also elite players like Durant or Kyrie to join him? Even if you have a 50-50 shot at getting other pieces, you take AD over Zion.

I would take AD over Zion. But they want to get AD AND Zion while insisting we have no leverage. It's so interesting watching other fanbases overvalue.

I mean...I do that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I've been saying we actually ahve the best chance to get Zion.

Why on EARTH would an NBA franchise take a possible MVP candidate for a definite MVP candidate? On the off chance the other MVP candidate is better? And if that means you can get also elite players like Durant or Kyrie to join him? Even if you have a 50-50 shot at getting other pieces, you take AD over Zion.

I would take AD over Zion. But they want to get AD AND Zion while insisting we have no leverage. It's so interesting watching other fanbases overvalue.

I mean...I do that too.
    We have our own 6% chance. The Knicks are pretty much confirmed to be willing to make the trade, so that's 20%. And then there's a bunch of fragments from other teams (maybe you think Phoenix has a 20% likelihood to trade their pick, and since they also have a 14% of #1 then that's 14*0.2 which is 2.8, so that's 22.8%, for example).

We probably have a cumulative 25% chance once all teams and their odds are balanced out. That's obviously still a long shot, but it's the best shot anyone has.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

This is... weird. Take it for what it's worth.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/..._medium=social

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

That would be like the worst possible outcome for the Pels.

Is it? I'd figure they'd do trial runs during the rehearsal just to add to the verisimilitude.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    It's just a test run.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    It's just a test run.

I'm hoping nobody actually thought the original tweet was the real order.

It literally says rehearsal in it.

Dream Lottery Order:

1) New Orleans Pelicans
    2) Phoenix Suns
    3) New York Knicks
    4) Atlanta Hawks
    5) Chicago Bulls
    6) Cleveland Cavaliers
    7) Memphis Grizzlies
    8) Dallas Mavericks
    9) Washington Wizards
    10) Minnesota Timberwolves

I'll take ''basically okay'' too!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    It's just a test run.

That’s a relief. The NHL really screwed up by leaning the draft order this year, so seeing that had me skeptical.

That would be a tremendous let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Dream Lottery Order:

1) New Orleans Pelicans
    2) Phoenix Suns
    3) New York Knicks
    4) Atlanta Hawks
    5) Chicago Bulls
    6) Cleveland Cavaliers
    7) Memphis Grizzlies
    8) Dallas Mavericks
    9) Washington Wizards
    10) Minnesota Timberwolves
    How is Phoenix landing #2 more ideal than NYK landing #2?

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    How is Phoenix landing #2 more ideal than NYK landing #2?
    I personally don't buy into Ja Morant as much as everyone else does, and I feel like the public perception and general vibe of things will mean that Morant definitely goes second almost regardless of who picks there. So I'd want Phoenix to go at #2 so they take Morant and we can't fall into what I perceive to be the overrated trap that Morant represents.

If you do like Morant a lot, then just switch Phoenix and New York.

I am fully prepared for the Lakers to get the #1 pick.

I am fully prepared for the Lakers to get the #1 pick.
    They have a 2% chance.

If that happens I will be upset.

They have a 2% chance.

If that happens I will be upset.
    Yup.

Yup.
    You think the Lakers trade Zion for AD? They have a limited time period what with LeBron being 34 years old and on big money for the next three years. They also know AD would resign there.

You think the Lakers trade Zion for AD? They have a limited time period what with LeBron being 34 years old and on big money for the next three years. They also know AD would resign there.
    Of course they would.

Plus their previous trade package, their "godfather offer" wasn't impressive. But since Brandon Ingram is now having health issues, the #1 pick covers that pretty well. Would I prefer that package over what BOS or NYK can offer? Hell no.

But me being the pessimist that I am, and the conspiracy theorist in me gearing up for tonight... You're gotdamm right I expect the Lakers to get the #1 pick tonight. They're such a dumpster fire right now that i don't expect anything else.

(Obviously they have almost no chance of being #1, so I'm reaching like hell here... but c'mon. as much drama as LAL and NOP have been in, if either of them get #1, the internet will go crazy saying this crap is "rigged".)

(psst... it's rigged.:P)

Of course they would.

Plus their previous trade package, their "godfather offer" wasn't impressive. But since Brandon Ingram is now having health issues, the #1 pick covers that pretty well. Would I prefer that package over what BOS or NYK can offer? Hell no.

But me being the pessimist that I am, and the conspiracy theorist in me gearing up for tonight... You're gotdamm right I expect the Lakers to get the #1 pick tonight. They're such a dumpster fire right now that i don't expect anything else.

(Obviously they have almost no chance of being #1, so I'm reaching like hell here... but c'mon. as much drama as LAL and NOP have been in, if either of them get #1, the internet will go crazy saying this crap is "rigged".)

(psst... it's rigged.:P)
    Frankly, as much as I hate the Lakers and would want them to get the lowest possible pick and to suck for the next decade, if they get the #2 pick and want to trade us Zion for AD, I might have to just swallow my pride and do it. Zion is the best return for AD possible, imo. He is going to be better than Tatum, no question in my mind. He would be the only way for us to go from superstar to future superstar in one move, I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a rig in place, but I don't really care as long as it ends up with Zion on the NOP squad.

Also, do we have a discord server? I know people try to set one up every now and then, but so we have one that anyone here actually uses?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Crazy that the actual lottery is about to happen in 11 minutes, but we won't find out how it worked out for another hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Crazy that the actual lottery is about to happen in 11 minutes, but we won't find out how it worked out for another hour.
    The actual lottery will happen in 11 minutes, but we won't find out how it worked out until David Griffin can be pried off of the ping pong ball that gives us the 1st pick.

Thread Information