Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: NBA Draft Lottery Thread

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. IT HAPPENED AGAIN ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Alvin's reaction.

Just standing, arms wide, and walking around the room in silence for three seconds before dropping the F yeah!
    This is awesome!

If you'd like to relive the lottery here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnEjMwgPpNg

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If you'd like to relive the lottery here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnEjMwgPpNg
    they put us in the top 4 graphic before the pick was announced I thought it was a mistake when I saw it live

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    they put us in the top 4 graphic before the pick was announced I thought it was a mistake when I saw it live

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Here's what happened. When the Lakers & Memphis jumped, we would have had to drop a spot or MOVE into top 4. So, once the 8th pick was NOT us, we couldn't be 7th. Because 2 had already jumped us. That's why we showed up during 8th pick.

Jrue is excited to play with Zion
    Basketball.

Keep in mind, we won TWO lottery's. If we had lost the tie breaker lottery we'd be picking where Memphis OR ATL picked. Had we lost that lottery we could have been picking 10th. Think about how much that would change things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Here's what happened. When the Lakers & Memphis jumped, we would have had to drop a spot or MOVE into top 4. So, once the 8th pick was NOT us, we couldn't be 7th. Because 2 had already jumped us. That's why we showed up during 8th pick.
    Yeah, when Washington was announced as #9, it meant that Washington fell down below both Memphis and New Orleans, who thereby were both guaranteed to be in the top 4.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Keep in mind, we won TWO lottery's. If we had lost the tie breaker lottery we'd be picking where Memphis OR ATL picked. Had we lost that lottery we could have been picking 10th. Think about how much that would change things.
    Not only this, but think of the things that had to happen for us to get to this spot. Boogie had to get injured and everything that came after. And then AD had to choose Rich Paul. And then Rich Paul had to pull his pre-all star break maneuver.

One of these things doesn't happen and we're likely not sleeping well tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Not only this, but think of the things that had to happen for us to get to this spot. Boogie had to get injured and everything that came after. And then AD had to choose Rich Paul. And then Rich Paul had to pull his pre-all star break maneuver.

The draft lottery happened at 1:30am my time. It's now 8:41am. I haven't slept a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post

Pretty incredible when you look at it like this. The butterfly effect!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    So I had company swing by last night and I was pretty much drunk by the time the draft started. My friend is NOT a basketball guy and had no idea what I was watching and didn't quite understand the Pels/Lakers drama. But man... When I saw the Pels jump into the top 4, I flipped. Then when i saw the Grizzlies get 2nd, I flipped again. I ended up getting very inebriated. It was a good night.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Anyone else bumpin' Mannie Fresh today?!

Thread Information