Pelicans Report

Thread: Houston Is Over

Houston Is Over

They will never recover. Thank you very much.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    This year the Rockets only won 1 more game than the PELS did last year vs GSW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Mike D’Antoni said that Morey would get him the talent he would need for next season I don’t think he took Houston’s salary cap into account... or understanding that time travel isn’t real.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    When Mike D’Antoni said that Morey would get him the talent he would need for next season I don’t think he took Houston’s salary cap into account... or understanding that time travel isn’t real.
    ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS
    Basketball.

Hmmmmm

Yeah wait for klay and Durant to leave

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Yeah wait for klay and Durant to leave

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Klay or Durant will leave, but the Warriors will still have Steph, and as we saw last night, the Rockets don’t have an answer for the most underrated top 5 player in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Klay or Durant will leave, but the Warriors will still have Steph, and as we saw last night, the Rockets don’t have an answer for the most underrated top 5 player in the NBA.
    Can you win 2 MVPs including the first unanimous MVP in history, be lauded as the greatest shooter of all time and be included in most people's top 5 PGs of all time and still be underrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Can you win 2 MVPs including the first unanimous MVP in history, be lauded as the greatest shooter of all time and be included in most people's top 5 PGs of all time and still be underrated?
    I think the word underrated is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I think the word underrated is overrated.
    I feel like the word ''underrated'' just means ''hasn't been in the news that much recently'' for some people.

People call Curry underrated: he's got 2 MVPs, one unanimous, is a lock Hall of Famer, will have his jersey retired for his team, and will probably be in most people's top 15 or 20 players of all time.

People call Lillard underrated, but everyone agrees he's a top 15 player, one of the most clutch guys in the league, he's a 4x allstar and 3x All NBA player, and he finished top 5 in MVP voting twice. Is that underrated? Nah.

Next we'll hear that MJ is underrated or something.

CP3 is a true numbnuts

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/c...l-summer-long/

On the night before Friday's Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinals, after arriving from the Bay Area, Curry wanted to get some shots up at Toyota Center. The Warriors' do-it-all manager, Eric Housen, booked the court from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. so Curry could work on his shot. Somehow, Rockets guard Chris Paul got wind. He decided to go to Toyota Center to get shots up, nixing Curry's reservations. The Warriors' point guard offered to stick to half a court, but Paul wasn't having it. Curry was kicked off the Toyota Center court.
    And he remembers every detail. Again from Thompson:
    Draymond Green stood outside the visiting locker room at the Toyota Center, greeting teammates as they came in. When Stephen Curry made his way through the crowd, he looked straight at Green — before they slapped hands and bumped chests — and screamed, "Kick me off the court again, boy!"
    And Green replied to Curry's taunt by screaming, "Kick him off! Kick him off!"
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-11-2019 at 11:28 PM.

I don't think it's really fair to judge CP3 too harshly from that.

If the Rockets had won, people would be telling the exact same story but as a positive, about how CP3 was so ruthless and focused and was the ultimate competitor who didn't even want the opponent practising in his gym.

It's like all the Kobe and MJ stories. They get told as stories of their ultimate work ethic and high standards and competitive nature, but only because they won. If they were average to poor players, all of those same stories would exist but they'd be told as demonstrations of the fact that they were intolerable ****ers.

I don’t see what CP3 did as some work ethic or being ruthless. Win or lose that move is still every bit as dumb. Don’t feel so bad for him now and he got what he deserved. Don’t see how you compare this with things MJ/Kobe did or “if” they did. CP3 is one of the greatest competitors to ever play the sport and deserves comparison to MJ/Kobe in that regard but for this..

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't think it's really fair to judge CP3 too harshly from that.

If the Rockets had won, people would be telling the exact same story but as a positive, about how CP3 was so ruthless and focused and was the ultimate competitor who didn't even want the opponent practising in his gym.

It's like all the Kobe and MJ stories. They get told as stories of their ultimate work ethic and high standards and competitive nature, but only because they won. If they were average to poor players, all of those same stories would exist but they'd be told as demonstrations of the fact that they were intolerable ****ers.
    Moral of the story. Don’t motivate The Warriors. Chris Paul=Bonehead

Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-12-2019 at 12:33 AM.

If you thought Fletcher was a troll

Thread Information