Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Update on AD Staying Rumours

Update on AD Staying Rumours

Nothing super new, but this pretty much confirms what most of us were thinking: AD doesn't seem to have changed his mind, and he will probably still end up being traded this summer.
    Basketball.

This was obvious long ago. The bridge was burned. The fields were salted. There was no way AD could come back from that. Can you imagine how big of a punk he'd look like if he did? Fans don't want him and he doesn't want to be here.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This was obvious long ago. The bridge was burned. The fields were salted. There was no way AD could come back from that. Can you imagine how big of a punk he'd look like if he did? Fans don't want him and he doesn't want to be here.

Peace.
    Exactly. Nothing new, no big surprise, but it's nice to have the confirmation.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    There wasn't a rumor that AD would stay, was there? All I ever saw was that we would make a strong pitch to keep him. Not that he was actually considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    There wasn't a rumor that AD would stay, was there? All I ever saw was that we would make a strong pitch to keep him. Not that he was actually considering it.
    Not that I know of, but some fans (especially casual fans) were hoping he would change his mind.

Even though this was expected, it was also expected that Griff would do everything he could do to make sure no options were left on the table during his due diligence. He knew AD was not staying but put in on Davis with the "You are all in, or you are all out" stance. It was a great play by Griff and no he can officially move on to the next phase. Good job!

Griffin needs to give the impression that we would be willing to keep AD in order to keep his trade value high. He has done a good job of that with his interviews saying the Pels would be happy to have AD back.

100% Griffin will trade him, just a matter of where/when not if.

Fletch vs MM twitter beef is must see TV.

Why would Fletch even bother responding?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Possibly just to clear up that the face to face meeting is still happening, to clarify when it's happening, and to make it clear that this isn't a miscommunication

I don't even....

Putting the account on private and running away is the cherry on top too. LOL.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 05-09-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Cause Fletch is like a little child that has to have the last word.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Cause Fletch is like a little child that has to have the last word.
    Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ouch
    It was like that the last time he and MM had a twitter war. I think he did the same with someone else on twitter as well. He takes the bait instead of the professional high road.

For the record Fletcher does give credit to Shamit Dua

So now Fletcher Mackel is some guru who breaks news. This is basically a guess of what likely will happen without any definitive confirmation. Basically not news.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    So now Fletcher Mackel is some guru who breaks news. This is basically a guess of what likely will happen without any definitive confirmation. Basically not news.
    Fletch was pretty much on the ball the entire GM saga. He didn't know who was the winner of the position until Ferry pulled out, but he was one of the first keeping info out there when names were coming in. I think he may have been the first to confirm the list of names going to interview. He's not Jesus or anything, and his trade suggestions suck, but he's a perfectly decent reporter on the team.

Fletcher is immensely stupid in the large large large large majority of his hot takes. But as far as "news" goes with the Pelicans the past few months he has had his finger on the pulse of the team.

Or maybe a better way of phrasing it is, the team has started to use him as a mouthpiece for their narrative.

I don't have any doubt he has heard from someone on the team about AD. I also don't care either. If both Fletcher and whoever he was arguing with disappeared off social media (permanently), we'd be better off.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    AD staying would be such a bore. I have no confidence we can get a championship with him here. At least a new start can sell me that dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Fletcher is immensely stupid in the large large large large majority of his hot takes. But as far as "news" goes with the Pelicans the past few months he has had his finger on the pulse of the team.

Or maybe a better way of phrasing it is, the team has started to use him as a mouthpiece for their narrative.

I don't have any doubt he has heard from someone on the team about AD. I also don't care either. If both Fletcher and whoever he was arguing with disappeared off social media (permanently), we'd be better off.
    He may have had some people within the organization feeding him info, but I would suspect Griffin and his group will be tighter lipped. I can tell you that much of Fletcher's "research/sources" have come from his interns and himself searching the internet for information. He spends much of his time on social media and searching other publications.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He may have had some people within the organization feeding him info, but I would suspect Griffin and his group will be tighter lipped. I can tell you that much of Fletcher's "research/sources" have come from his interns and himself searching the internet for information. He spends much of his time on social media and searching other publications.
    He has credited Shamit Dua as one of his sources.

Thread Information