Pelicans Report

Thread: What would it take for the Pelicans to land Lebron?

What would it take for the Pelicans to land Lebron?

If the Stephen A Smith rumors are true, and if Jennie Buss is being told to trade Lebron, what would it take for the Pelicans to land Lebron?

https://twitter.com/run_the_baloney/...743845890?s=21
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I would assume the Lakers would not be very inclined to trade with us after the trade deadline stuff.

Nor am I super inclined to want to give up picks and Jrue for Lebron.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I would assume the Lakers would not be very inclined to trade with us after the trade deadline stuff.

Nor am I super inclined to want to give up picks and Jrue for Lebron.
    There is ZERO chance RICH PAUL does that. ZERO !

Wouldn't want LBJ here, we don't need a player that thinks and acts like they have more say so then coach and/or GM.

Not interested. He's the best player in the world 90% of the time, probably the best player of all time, has a beyond genius basketball IQ and a huge skillset.

He's also 34, on a huge contract, plays best with a certain set of players around him, brings a huge amount of negative drama right now, and would cost us Jrue Holiday who I do not want to lose whatsoever. Not interested.
    Basketball.

It would take hell freezing over and pigs flying
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    "probably the best player of all time."
    Nope

Partly because.

"plays best with a certain set of players around him, brings a huge amount of negative drama right now"

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Nope

Partly because.
    Yeah, because Jordan was absolutely kicking ****** with his early teams and never had any drama whatsoever. He didn't punch any of his teammates in the face or randomly retire to go play baseball or have a crippling gambling addiction or prevent IT from making the Dream Team.

Come on.

I would not deal our lottery pick for Lebron.

Yeah, because Jordan was absolutely kicking ****** with his early teams and never had any drama whatsoever. He didn't punch any of his teammates in the face or randomly retire to go play baseball or have a crippling gambling addiction or prevent IT from making the Dream Team.

Come on.
    Who said anything about Jordan? What about Wilt?

Just trolling you man! Ha

Who said anything about Jordan? What about Wilt?

Just trolling you man! Ha
    I mean, I hope you're trolling. Cause if you actually thought Wilt had an argument for the GOAT spot then...

yikes

I mean, I hope you're trolling. Cause if you actually thought Wilt had an argument for the GOAT spot then...

yikes
    One of my best friends argued with me for years because he said David Robinson was the GOAT. He finally gave that up after Jordan's 2nd 3 peat...

Edited to add: What's crazy is that Lebron was one of, if not my favorite player for years. Then he started all of the drama and now I just can't stand him. No denying his talent though. He is one of a kind.

One of my best friends argued with me for years because he said David Robinson was the GOAT. He finally gave that up after Jordan's 2nd 3 peat...

Edited to add: What's crazy is that Lebron was one of, if not my favorite player for years. Then he started all of the drama and now I just can't stand him. No denying his talent though. He is one of a kind.
    David Robinson COULD have been the GOAT. Just didn't happen. He had the body, the brain, the talent. Just didn't play out that way. A lot of luck goes into being great.

What would it take? The largest mass lobotomy ever performed....perhaps millions operated on within 24 hours.

Thread Information