Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RIC BUCHER Report: Pelicans admitted Lakers trade offer "was pretty attractive"

RIC BUCHER Report: Pelicans admitted Lakers trade offer "was pretty attractive"

Interesting...

I'd be more interested in this if it came from either

A) Someone with actual insight on the Pelicans organisation, whether that be someone like Shamit Dua or a national guy like Woj who is trustworthy
    B) Someone who isn't Ric Bucher, the guy who is most famous for saying that his 'sources' told him that Lebron was '100%' going to New York before The Decision

He's a professional idiot.
    Basketball.

A time stamp would have been nice. Lol. It was right at the 9 min mark.

The quote came from a LAKERS reporter for ESPN. It didn't come from Ric Bucher it came from Dave McMenamin. The title like usual of people posting stuff on YouTube is just click bait.

The full quote is basically, It was attractive back then but looks a lot different now with the Ingram blood clot issue.

I'm taking that with a HUGE grain of salt. I simply don't believe any Lakers reporter on this stuff. They have their own spin they are trying to push.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm taking that with a HUGE grain of salt. I simply don't believe any Lakers reporter on this stuff. They have their own spin they are trying to push.
    Like I said, Ric Bucher's biggest claim to fame was openly announcing to the world that Lebron was 100% going to NYC before The Decision, and being monumentally dead wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Like I said, Ric Bucher's biggest claim to fame was openly announcing to the world that Lebron was 100% going to NYC before The Decision, and being monumentally dead wrong.
    This isn't coming from Ric Bucher. He's just talking about someone else saying it. And even then they basically only give the "interesting" part a passing remark and then basically say, yeah the Lakers simply don't have the assets.

This isn't coming from Ric Bucher. He's just talking about someone else saying it. And even then they basically only give the "interesting" part a passing remark and then basically say, yeah the Lakers simply don't have the assets.
    Just watched the full clip, and you're right. I was kind of jumping the gun on that.

That said the fact the quote they're discussing doesn't even really have any content either, this is kind of a non-story, right? ''Oh yeah, someone else said that the trade was interesting but they didn't actually do it and now it looks worse'', which is kind of just what we all knew anyway, no? We heard from Shamit back in February that Gentry was pushing for them to take the Lakers trade, which lines up with sources ''inside the Pelicans organisation'' saying that we were ''interested'', but that nothing came of it.

So it's kind of a nothing segment.

A time stamp would have been nice. Lol. It was right at the 9 min mark.
    My bad lol

This is really old news Ric.

Just watched the full clip, and you're right. I was kind of jumping the gun on that.

That said the fact the quote they're discussing doesn't even really have any content either, this is kind of a non-story, right? ''Oh yeah, someone else said that the trade was interesting but they didn't actually do it and now it looks worse'', which is kind of just what we all knew anyway, no? We heard from Shamit back in February that Gentry was pushing for them to take the Lakers trade, which lines up with sources ''inside the Pelicans organisation'' saying that we were ''interested'', but that nothing came of it.

So it's kind of a nothing segment.
    I agree. It's sort of a nothing story. Especially considering the person who is making the claim being a Lakers reporter.

I agree. It's sort of a nothing story. Especially considering the person who is making the claim being a Lakers reporter.
    Gotta fill time on their garbage show somehow, why not dredge up some none-drama from 3 months ago, I guess.

Gotta fill time on their garbage show somehow, why not dredge up some none-drama from 3 months ago, I guess.
    To be fair I don't know when Dave did the podcast where he made those claims. Maybe it came out in the past week or something. I don't know.

To be fair I don't know when Dave did the podcast where he made those claims. Maybe it came out in the past week or something. I don't know.
    I get what you're saying, but all that really does is shunt the blame along to Dave. If he did that podcast last week, then he was the one digging up none-drama from 3 months ago.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure we heard back then that it wasn't that we didn't like their offer, it was why should we jump on the only offer we could take at the time and also act before we know the lottery results? Because it's beneficial to the Lakers? Pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we heard back then that it wasn't that we didn't like their offer, it was why should we jump on the only offer we could take at the time and also act before we know the lottery results? Because it's beneficial to the Lakers? Pfft.
    This is what I remember. I'm pretty sure the narrative was clear: we have no need to make a deal now, so if you want us to do so then your offer needs to be an overpayment.

Simple.

I get what you're saying, but all that really does is shunt the blame along to Dave. If he did that podcast last week, then he was the one digging up none-drama from 3 months ago.
    I'm assuming he is on heavy damage control duty atm. Especially as we get closer to the offseason and being able to make trades. "it's not that our assets suck, the Pelicans were very tempted!"

I'm assuming he is on heavy damage control duty atm. Especially as we get closer to the offseason and being able to make trades. "it's not that our assets suck, the Pelicans were very tempted!"
    Ahhh, yeah....

well, ya hate to see it.

I'm just glad the Lakers have totally cratered...well below where we stand today.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

If Ingram’s health issue gets the clear then the Lakers still have a great offer. I’m sure we did like the offer but no reason to take it at the time when lots of teams can enter the trade discussion this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    If Ingram’s health issue gets the clear then the Lakers still have a great offer. I’m sure we did like the offer but no reason to take it at the time when lots of teams can enter the trade discussion this off season.
    Cleared by who is the question. Bosh says he's been cleared for years now but no NBA team would touch him. It really depends on the situation what is going to happen with him. He's a risk, simply no way around it.

Cleared by who is the question. Bosh says he's been cleared for years now but no NBA team would touch him. It really depends on the situation what is going to happen with him. He's a risk, simply no way around it.
    For me, I don't want him.

In the past, I've been totally clear that I don't think Ingram is the best thing on the market. I'm not trying to pretend that I've ever thought differently.

But I acknowledged, openly, that there was always a chance he could make things work and improve (I even said I'd be surprised if he didn't improve at least in some areas like rebounding), and that if we ended up getting him in a trade, I wouldn't be happy about it but I would keep my fingers crossed that I was wrong and he would break out and be awesome. Cause once someone is on your team, you want them to be great.

Now though, from this blood clot revelation? I want absolutely no parts of him at all. I accept I could be still wrong, but this is the kind of thing that could be fatal if there's an error. Unless he's cleared by the NBA's doctors, and the Pelicans doctors, and the Lakers doctors, and an independently hired consultant or two as well, then I would be deathly afraid of trading for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    My bad lol
    Slow news week for us.

I'll take it.

Also. Do you guys think we sign Boogie in the offseason?

jk
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 05-09-2019 at 02:41 AM.

Even if true is meaningless. The trade never happened and those people are more than likely not here anymore.

I don’t believe it’s anything more than posturing by the Lakers. They feed false info to the press through whoever for damage control. They didn’t have what we wanted and that is that.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I don't think it is that black and white. The fact that he has had the blood clot will not go away, so there will always be the risk that one more could end his career.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I don't want Ingram. Risk not worth the reward at this point. The Pels would have to seriously value the other pieces in that trade (Ball, picks, Kuz) for that to be a good trade.

I've stayed away from posting because 1.) I gave it up for lent and 2.) there isn't much to say until after the lottery.

IMO, the Lakers have to jump into the top 4 of the lottery to have the best package that will be out there.

Thread Information