Pelicans Report

Thread: Ferry interviewing with Wizards?

Ferry interviewing with Wizards?

I thought now was not the right time for his family-

Candace Buckner (@CandaceDBuckner)

4/30/19, 3:26 PM
    I’m hearing that Danny Ferry interviewed with the #Wizards today for the GM position.

Also, Gersson Rosas is in town for his interview, @FredKatz was first with that news.

Ferry is from Maryland. Maybe it being closer to where he's from makes him more willing to take it?

That said, I did say when it happened that Ferry stepping down might have jsut been the team giving him the option to control his own exit when they decided they preferred Griffin, instead of just rejecting him outright.
    Basketball.

I saw that Johns Hopkins has a Vascular Anomaly Clinic that would benefit his daughter and thought that may be the reason. However, there is one here in New Orleans as well at Children's. Maybe Griffin was the 1st choice.

I thought Ferry took his name out of positions here?

Yeah....but you know what? HA ha ha ha ha

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Yeah, Mrs. B probably told him "thank your for everything, but we'll pass," and then used the family excuse as an out. No problem with it. I still think he's a decent GM, and am more then happy having Griff on board.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Yeah, Mrs. B probably told him "thank your for everything, but we'll pass," and then used the family excuse as an out. No problem with it. I still think he's a decent GM, and am more then happy having Griff on board.
    Right. I'm good with whatever he tries to do now. He was good to us and I wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    https://www.pelicansreport.com/showt...out-of-GM-hunt

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    https://www.pelicansreport.com/showt...out-of-GM-hunt

Yes, but it was minutes before Griffin was announced as EVPBO. So, there is speculation that he was told they were going in a different direction and allowed him to announce that he was withdrawing his name to "save face." Who knows?

Ferry was from Maryland and graduated from Duke in North Carolina. So is being closer to home a thing? He has a home in Atlanta.

I dunno. but I truly wish Ferry the best.

Thread Information