Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Irving to Nets? AD Trade Impact

Irving to Nets? AD Trade Impact

If Irving goes to Nets, how do you think this could impact where AD lands?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    AD is going to be traded before Kyrie does anything, so...I don't see how it matters. Even if it is a public handshake deal, the AD domino falls first.

LOL if true! Fail on the media, Fail on the Knicks

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    If the Nets are so serious about beating the Knicks, all they have to do is keep doing what they're doing. It ain't that hard.

''The Nets are serious about beating the Knicks''

Huh, where have I heard that before?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post

Not a trading for AD move.

Draft is the 20th, so yeah AD will get traded before Kyrie does anything (on June 30).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Not a trading for AD move.
    Yeah, I think we can forget about the Nets as a destination for AD.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yeah, I think we can forget about the Nets as a destination for AD.
    Which is weird, I thought the Nets had a 15% chance at AD for something. At least 5%, right? As recently as last night. Could swear I heard that somewhere.

The Nets are setting themselves up to sign Kyrie and KD/Butler.

I think Boston and Brooklyn are less likely to be high bidding AD players. They will both offer some crap deal to fish but nothing substantial.

The Knicks are now even more desperate. They have to do something to attract a big name and trading for AD is the best move.

Robinson, Knox, DSJ, Trier, RJ Barrett, and 2 2021 1sts (Mavericks and Knicks) should be the deal.

The only other deal that could be better would be a 3-team deal with the Lakers and Suns with us getting Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Darius Garland (4th pick), and Culver (6th pick).
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 06-06-2019 at 05:11 PM.

This takes the Nets and Celtics out.
    Jrue dat

The Knicks are now even more desperate. They have to do something to attract a big name and trading for AD is the best move.

Robinson, Knox, DSJ, Trier, RJ Barrett, and 2 2021 1sts (Mavericks and Knicks) should be the deal.
    I mostly agree, but as far as I'm concerned they can keep Knox if they throw in another first.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Which is weird, I thought the Nets had a 15% chance at AD for something. At least 5%, right? As recently as last night. Could swear I heard that somewhere.
    think it shifted to 10%
    Last edited by Pels4Life; 06-09-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    This takes the Nets and Celtics out.
    Not so sure. Are the Celtics going to sit back and let the Nets and Knicks go after the big names and be content with rebuilding around their young players? We'll see.

Not so sure. Are the Celtics going to sit back and let the Nets and Knicks go after the big names and be content with rebuilding around their young players? We'll see.
    Especially when we know that Ainge was eager to get AD since before they even had Kyrie in the first place as well. His goal was ''get Anthony Davis'' for long before Kyrie Irving was even in the picture.

It might reduce their top offer, but it doesn't mean they're out.

Is Ainge stupid enough to sell the farm for a possible 1-year rental? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Especially when we know that Ainge was eager to get AD since before they even had Kyrie in the first place as well. His goal was ''get Anthony Davis'' for long before Kyrie Irving was even in the picture.

It might reduce their top offer, but it doesn't mean they're out.
    Yeah Boston will submit a low ball offer that won’t be better than the Knicks or Lakers trades.

The wild card will be what the LA Clippers will offer.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Fellas, this can easily be Brooklyn giving it their best shot at landing Kyrie + others. This isn't a for sure, lock it in, we are getting Kyrie Irving situation.

Is Ainge stupid enough to sell the farm for a possible 1-year rental? I think not.
    Ainge tried to trade away FOUR 1st round picks for Justise Winslow. People give Ainge too much credit. If he really wants AD and thinks they can convince him to stay then he isn't seeing it as a 1 year rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Ainge tried to trade away FOUR 1st round picks for Justise Winslow. People give Ainge too much credit. If he really wants AD and thinks they can convince him to stay then he isn't seeing it as a 1 year rental.
    Justice Winslow was not on a 1-year contract. Keep your hopes up if you like.

Boston will make an offer that will either not include Tatum or include Tatum and very little else. Neither will be the better than the haul the Knicks and Lakers will offer.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 06-06-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Justice Winslow was also not one tenth of the player AD is.

Boston will make an offer that will either not include Tatum or include Tatum and very little else. Neither will be the better than the haul the Knicks and Lakers will offer.
    It's not about hope. I'm simply pointing out that this narrative that Ainge is some shrewd GM who never makes mistakes and never gambles is wrong. Offering four 1st round picks for Winslow was a huge gamble. If Miami doesn't turn that down Ainge would be a laughing stock right now.

I think Boston and Brooklyn are less likely to be high bidding AD players. They will both offer some crap deal to fish but nothing substantial.

The only other deal that could be better would be a 3-team deal with the Lakers and Suns with us getting Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Darius Garland (4th pick), and Culver (6th pick).
    This the trade I want

Thread Information