Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Griffin Recruits

Griffin Recruits

Failing to recruit Redden from LAC, Griffin pulls out the victory in his recruiting drive in Phoenix, prying away Aaron Nelson.

Basketball.

Real trainers now? Griffin doing some work!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Failing to recruit Redden from LAC, Griffin pulls out the victory in his recruiting drive in Phoenix, prying away Aaron Nelson.

I had a gut feeling that Griffin was in a better spot to recruit Redden and miss out on Nelson. Ends up the other way around which is the way I prefer it.

At this point: Pelicans Training > Pelicans GM

I am not saying a GM is not important but the Pels have Griff who is/can fill that role in the event the right talent does not come along. AWESOME pick up for the Pels!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Not getting Redden opens the door to potentially hire Langdon. Shame we couldn't get Redden because of the familiarity with Griffin, but oh well.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I might not know these people but it is wonderful that they are going after the best people.

Great news! Griff is doing good job.

Very good sign players will want to come here.

This tells me other execs saw our injury situation as a major weakness. Especially if it was a priority for Griff. Perception is everything to players and free agents.

Now on to a new entertainment director. One that does not play the same sounds over and over.

Incredible hire! Nelson has made the Suns an even hotter destination with many FAs having the Suns training staff as a reason they are considering signing with them. Having the best in the NBA work with Jrue as well and make sure he stays healthy to finish his career is huge! Could be something that can factor in on ADs decision as well. This isn’t just a home run hire but a grand slam!

I don’t care who the GM is because either way I trust Griff on making the decision. Unless it is some garbage retread hire nobody here has any reason to complain. With the guys I know of Langdon is my top choice and even more so because he would have Griff to help ease the transition as Langdon has little experience.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-30-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Now on to a new entertainment director. One that does not play the same sounds over and over.
    You don’t like “everybody clap your hands”!?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    You don’t like “everybody clap your hands”!?

Daaaaassaaooooooo ddddaaaaaoooooo

They brought in a new guy last year. The sound was MUCH better this season. Not perfect, still too much of the "day-O" song but far and away much better than the previous 6 seasons I've been going.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    They brought in a new guy last year. The sound was MUCH better this season. Not perfect, still too much of the "day-O" song but far and away much better than the previous 6 seasons I've been going.
    I don’t see any need for old fart dancers either. I know I may have offended someone but they is really no use for them at a NBA game.

I don’t see any need for old fart dancers either. I know I may have offended someone but they is really no use for them at a NBA game.
    Based on the response that team gets from the fans, you may be in the minority. That team is very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Based on the response that team gets from the fans, you may be in the minority. That team is very popular.
    Those trolls! They liked them because the game was bad.

Those trolls! They liked them because the game was bad.
    Lol. Maybe so. Some of them probably showed more energy than the team sometimes.

I don't have a problem with the old dancers or the kid dancers. They get a few times a year to dance during a quarter change or at half time. Let them have their fun. My issue was always with the MUSIC during the game which was absolutely terrible. Last season was a huge step up in that regard. Hopefully they do even better this season.

T-wolves hire Gersson Rosas https://twitter.com/JonKrawczynski/s...640425475?s=09

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...ampaign=buffer

Good article here from Scott Kushner.

''In fact, those words — “but we couldn’t stay healthy” — might as well have been the Pelicans’ official slogan. Among Davis, Jrue Holiday, DeMarcus Cousins, Tyreke Evans, Eric Gordon and so many others, entire eras slipped away under a flood of casts and crutches.

Over the past five seasons they’ve lost more games to injury or illness than all but one other team. During that span they’ve switched trainers and doctors, methods and equipment, searching for a salve, but nothing worked. Is Aaron Nelson going to fix all of this in one fell swoop? It’s impossible to forecast. Bones fracture and concussions happen, regardless of a training staff’s competence.

But it’s important to recognize this is a novel concept for the Pelicans. They aren’t blindly switching around unknown pieces, hoping to find a system that works. Instead, they went out and lured away an established, experienced and sought-after professional and brought him to New Orleans to fix a longstanding problem. It’s different and it should be treated as such.''

Who was the team worse than us with injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Who was the team worse than us with injuries?
    No clue. The article doesn't say and I'm not paying the $350 to find out every team's games-lost-due-to-injury.

If I had to guess, I would say maybe the Knicks? They basically lost Porzingis for nearly 2 full seasons. Only 2 people on their team played more than 70 games this year (for us, that number was 1, just for comparison). They lost 20 games from Tim Hardaway Jr and nearly 50 from Trey Burke last year on top of what Porzingis missed. The season before that, Porzingis, Rose, and Brandon Jennings each between 20-30 games, and Lance Thomas missed basically 40. They must have lost well over a hundred games for each of the last 3 years to injury.

Probably Memphis

Thread Information