Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Griff on “The Jump” show

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Man, Gayle must have just opened up the pocketbook and told Griffin to take what he wants.
    Definitely sounds like it. Great signs all around.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I guess I like the move of trying to poach the Phoenix training staff, but when we're talking about this area of expertise, I'd feel more excited if the claim to fame wasn't a reputation built on something that happened in 2007. I'm not sure this isn't Griff attempting to go after guys he's worked with and been comfortable with versus an objective analysis of who would be the best guys to go after in the training field and spending Gayle's money on those guys. In the end, I don't know enough. Does anybody know how much time their guys have missed in the last 3-5 years?

Aaron Nelson was good 10-15 years ago, but the Suns have terrible injury record over the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

I guess I like the move of trying to poach the Phoenix training staff, but when we're talking about this area of expertise, I'd feel more excited if the claim to fame wasn't a reputation built on something that happened in 2007. I'm not sure this isn't Griff attempting to go after guys he's worked with and been comfortable with versus an objective analysis of who would be the best guys to go after in the training field and spending Gayle's money on those guys. In the end, I don't know enough. Does anybody know how much time their guys have missed in the last 3-5 years?
    You could find out, mangameslost.com tracks those numbers, but you have to pay $350 to get the full stats year on year and I am not doing that. They claim that 22 NBA teams use their injury tracking services though, so props to them if that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You could find out, mangameslost.com tracks those numbers, but you have to pay $350 to get the full stats year on year and I am not doing that. They claim that 22 NBA teams use their injury tracking services though, so props to them if that's true.
    I think I got my feelings on this confirmed by suns_reddit for better or worse.

This could (and maybe should) fall into the category of "anything is an improvement", but I don't think this is the actual steal of the century it would have once been.

I think I got my feelings on this confirmed by suns_reddit for better or worse.

This could (and maybe should) fall into the category of "anything is an improvement", but I don't think this is the actual steal of the century it would have once been.
    Yeah I mean, as I said before, I can't really consider myself anything of an expert on the subject of training staff so I can't judge too much. That said, our current training staff clearly isn't knocking it out of the park so it can't hurt to try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

Bro... This guy is working WONDERS.
    WoW!! Incredible news!! This would be such a great hire. It’s time to revamp our training staff. You aren’t just going to miraculously not have an injuries because of a training staff. Injury prevention is what you are looking for and that’s what Nelson would bring. I had 0 injuries under one of the worst trainers I have ever had. I tore my Achilles twice under one of the best trainers in the business. There is a lot more then just comparing injury stats. Things like diagnosing the injuries properly, how to rehab, using certain methods to prevent and treat injuries.. Can go on and on what a good staff can do. Injuries are going to happen no matter who you have but just slightly increasing your players chances is huge. Make it happen Griff!!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-27-2019 at 04:28 PM.

That's a good score even if just from the optics standpoint.

Thread Information