Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Griffin's Press Conference

Pelicans Griffin's Press Conference

He's getting pretty emotional early on. Apparently his first time buying a suit was to get ready for a trip to New Orleans, and the first restaurant he ate at was Pascals, and that was when he was 14 years old. Says he's loved the city ever since then, and attributes New Orleans to giving him his love for food and wine.
    Basketball.

Says he made some outrageous demands in the interview process, and he's 100% comfortable that Gayle is totally involved in wanting a championship organisation from top to bottom.

The key to finding an ''exceptional organisation'' relies on the owner, he says, and that his wife and he believe that they've finally completed the search for the perfect organisation that allows them to truly move forward making everything perfect in the future.

Says he's known Alvin since he still had a full head of hair and Alvin could still dunk. So yep, more evidence that he's appreciating Gentry and wants to keep him.

Any links at all?

Says the partnership with Alvin will be tested from day one, and he's already excited about some of the younger players on the roster, and he says Jrue Holiday ''represents who we want to be'' and he's excited for the draft, which will demand a lot of work.

''I'm extremely optimistic relative to the opportunity that lies ahead of us in the form of Anthony Davis. Because of the presence of people like Lebron James and leadership from people like James Jones and Channing Frye, Kendrick Perkins, we have a long and successful history with Klutch Sports. Rich Paul and I have both spoken with Anthony, and we're excited to see what we can build together. But the only reason history matters is that you can have a very open and very frank conversation.''

Says he's made clear to Rich Paul and AD that you can be ''all the way in, or all the way out, no in between. When your goal is championships and generational excellence'', you cannot do things half way.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Any links at all?
    https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA

They're livestreaming it on here.

Says the goal of the franchise is championships, but that from this day on, nobody in the organisation will talk about it. Says you don't talk about championships, you earn the right to have other people call you champions. That's it.

Griffin's jersey is #19

That was inspiring. Zero doubt- Gentry is staying and Klutch being put on notice, LOVE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    That was inspiring. Zero doubt Gentry is staying and Klutch being put on notice, LOVE IT.
    Totally. Seen a few Pels writers on twitter saying that the talk about AD potentially staying is probably just trying to build pressure on trade partners: best offer us your best, or we may just keep him.

Sounds plausible. Griffin trying to leverage trade advantage less than 10 minutes into the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

San Antonio approves this message.

I mean, I get this, but it's kind of a non-answer.

Someone please send that to Lebron

Dae, I just want to thank you for keeping this forum afloat the past few months when most of us seem to have become kinda detached with everything that's gone down. Keep up the great work, you make coming on here exponentially more enjoyable. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Dae, I just want to thank you for keeping this forum afloat the past few months when most of us seem to have become kinda detached with everything that's gone down. Keep up the great work, you make coming on here exponentially more enjoyable. Much appreciated.
    Thanks I just love the team, and because of the time difference a lot of the stuff that happens during the day for guys who live over in the States (like this press conference) that people can't catch cause they're at work or whatever, ends up happening pretty late for me (it's nearly 8pm right now) so I just post what I see.

We love you man
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Gotta think if reporters and bloggers can figure that out, other GMs can as well. Not sure it is as much leverage as appeasing fans.

Thread Information