Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    LoL now Brad Stevens is an incredible bad offensive coach.. jeeze
    Is this the first time you've ever heard people criticising Brad Stevens' ability to coach an offense?

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/11/27/...evens-problems

''The C’s have offensive problems ranging from poor shooting to an embarrassing lack of free throw attempts. They don’t play with cohesion...''

''You can’t give Stevens credit for all the good things that have happened on his watch and not point out the inconsistencies that have plagued this group. Just as overachieving isn’t all coaching, underachieving isn’t all on the players. Take the Celtics’ maddening habit of operating in the mid-range area [...] they’re acts of desperation for an offense that can’t generate a good enough look on its own.''

'' As a team, the C’s just don’t attack the basket all that often. They’re also not a great passing team, ranking 19th in passes per game and 17th in points generated via assists. For an offense that relies on ball movement and unselfish play, too often they’re left trying to create one-on-one. ''

Stevens, and by proxy the Celtics offense, gets criticised a lot. By all kinds of people.
    Basketball.

He doesn’t get a free pass? I was the only one to even bring up his stats here. Like I said had this been Ingram there would be 5 pages of the same 3 of you going bonkers. I for one will give him a free pass considering he is in only his 2nd year going up against the best team in the NBA. Even the greats have had bad games.
    Really? You were the only one to talk about Tatum's stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Giannis having a really poor game right now. He's only played 22 minutes and he's 3 for 13 from the floor. 11 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists. Been outscored, out-rebounded, and out-assisted by Khris Middleton.

Tatum is having a rough one too, only 2 points and 6 rebounds. 1 of 4 from the floor.

I can say one thing for sure.
    Portland were lucking to get Kanter after losing Nurkic.
    They would be stuffed without him.

He doesn’t get a free pass? I was the only one to even bring up his stats here. Like I said had this been Ingram there would be 5 pages of the same 3 of you going bonkers. I for one will give him a free pass considering he is in only his 2nd year going up against the best team in the NBA. Even the greats have had bad games.
    If you haven't noticed either my first post in the entire playoff thread or one of my very first posts in this thread is one where I say Tatum doesn't get a free pass for playing bad.

I simply don't care about the playoffs, at all, because of the GSW. No game matters. So when you or whoever mentioned how Tatum was playing bad, I agreed that he shouldn't get a free pass from criticism.

I'm not sure what you're wanting other than to be able to complain into the wind about some imaginary bias you think some people have but the act is tired and played out. Give it a rest. It's the same as 13 talking about Murray haters when literally no one is saying anything negative.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Do you think the Heat would give up Zion in a trade for AD?
    I'm less interested in them landing #1, than landing in the top 4. I really like how Winslow, Richardson and Bam would fit with Jrue. They're also on great contracts. Winslow has become a point forward and he was as good from 3 point range as Tatum last year. Add a top 4 pick to that trio, and I think it's better than any non-Zion offer.

The only thing I wonder is how Riley feels about inviting Rich Paul back into his life.

I don't think it's a given that anyone would trade Zion for AD.

I’m loving this Blazers vs Nuggets series

So Kyrie Irving misses shots and all the sudden Brad Stevens is a terrible offensive coach. Was anybody claiming him to be terrible last season with a no Kyrie and making a rookie Tatum look like a star. Or the year before turning IT into a super star in the playoffs. No let’s just take a few games in the playoffs. LoL makes a ton of sense. For every article you find saying he did a bad job for a small sample size I can find 10 praising his overall coaching along with offense.

“Tatum is having a rough one” lmao like I said.. let that be Ingram and you are going bonkers. You were finding ways to bash him when he was putting up Durant numbers after the all star break. Just comical that’s all..

If you haven't noticed either my first post in the entire playoff thread or one of my very first posts in this thread is one where I say Tatum doesn't get a free pass for playing bad.

I simply don't care about the playoffs, at all, because of the GSW. No game matters. So when you or whoever mentioned how Tatum was playing bad, I agreed that he shouldn't get a free pass from criticism.

I'm not sure what you're wanting other than to be able to complain into the wind about some imaginary bias you think some people have but the act is tired and played out. Give it a rest. It's the same as 13 talking about Murray haters when literally no one is saying anything negative.
    I’m saying Tatum does get a free pass. He is a 2nd year player who has had a bad 2 games in the playoffs against the best team in the NBA. Big whoop! If this was some trend that continues that’s different but we are talking 2 bad playoff games over all of last years and this years. Again he is a 21 year old kid who has put expectations on himself that are ridiculously high do to how good he was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I'm less interested in them landing #1, than landing in the top 4. I really like how Winslow, Richardson and Bam would fit with Jrue. They're also on great contracts. Winslow has become a point forward and he was as good from 3 point range as Tatum last year. Add a top 4 pick to that trio, and I think it's better than any non-Zion offer.

The only thing I wonder is how Riley feels about inviting Rich Paul back into his life.

I think if the Suns, Knicks, or Bulls land Zion it is a 90% chance in our favor we get Zion if we want him. Of course Zion would be great for all of those teams but AD is not only great as well but exactly what they are looking for. I think some are under estimating just how good of a shot we have at landing him and I was one of them until I dug a little deeper into the situations of these teams along with fit. So many good trade options out there and I just don’t know which one I would want yet. I’m maybe the biggest Zion fan here but I would possibly pass do to some packages out there like the Celtics. Tatum, Brown, and a few of their 1st rounders along with the Memphis pick would be very hard to pass up.

Tatum a better 3pt shooting version of Jimmy Butler.
    Brown a better 3pt shooting version of Demar Derozan.
    Two players I think their skill sets and potential resemble the most. You
    Add these 2 to Jrue along with our developing young talent and we can be a championship team. Just hitting on 1 draft pick changes everything
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-02-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Oh ok I see what you're saying with Miami. I don't hate that idea.

I’m saying Tatum does get a free pass. He is a 2nd year player who has had a bad 2 games in the playoffs against the best team in the NBA. Big whoop! If this was some trend that continues that’s different but we are talking 2 bad playoff games over all of last years and this years. Again he is a 21 year old kid who has put expectations on himself that are ridiculously high do to how good he was last year.
    So you don't think people should be complaining about Tatum's play because he's only in his 2nd year, yet you complain about the *lack* of people complaining about his play in comparison to if it was BI.

Ok.......

Enjoy the playoffs.

So Kyrie Irving misses shots and all the sudden Brad Stevens is a terrible offensive coach.
    Yep, you're right. That is exactly what I said. Glad the Master Understander has logged on to clarify all things.

So Kyrie Irving misses shots and all the sudden Brad Stevens is a terrible offensive coach. Was anybody claiming him to be terrible last season with a no Kyrie and making a rookie Tatum look like a star. Or the year before turning IT into a super star in the playoffs. No let’s just take a few games in the playoffs. LoL makes a ton of sense. For every article you find saying he did a bad job for a small sample size I can find 10 praising his overall coaching along with offense.

“Tatum is having a rough one” lmao like I said.. let that be Ingram and you are going bonkers. You were finding ways to bash him when he was putting up Durant numbers after the all star break. Just comical that’s all..
    Remember when they were bashing Randle’?

If Miami traded all that for AD, what would they have to pair with him to convince him to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    If Miami traded all that for AD, what would they have to pair with him to convince him to stay?
    The ability to get to two additional max slots in 2020.

Miami Heat basketball infrastructure.

South Beach. Seriously, it's awesome. If I was young single rich dude, Miami is where I'd plant my flag.

No state income tax.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Remember when they were bashing Randle’?
    Remember when this thread was about the playoffs and playoff games and playoff teams, not Brandon Ingram and Julius Randle?

Good times.

The ability to get to two additional max slots in 2020.

Miami Heat basketball infrastructure.

South Beach. Seriously, it's awesome. If I was young single rich dude, Miami is where I'd plant my flag.

No state income tax.
    I admit I do not know who is up for free agency in 2020, but after this offseason, will there be 2 big names that Miami could draw?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I admit I do not know who is up for free agency in 2020, but after this offseason, will there be 2 big names that Miami could draw?
    Excellent point. There are a ton of restricted guys, and no way to predict if any guys will sign 1+1 deals this summer and become free agents again in 2020.

You've made me rethink the advice I'd give Julius Randle. There may be more money in the market for a guy like him in 2020 than if he opts out this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Remember when this thread was about the playoffs and playoff games and playoff teams, not Brandon Ingram and Julius Randle?

Good times.
    Warriors vs Rockets not till Saturday

We will be a playoff team again when we re-sign Randle. On that note Sixers play tonight? Tight physical one. I have home team winning . Sixers.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-02-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Excellent point. There are a ton of restricted guys, and no way to predict if any guys will sign 1+1 deals this summer and become free agents again in 2020.

You've made me rethink the advice I'd give Julius Randle. There may be more money in the market for a guy like him in 2020 than if he opts out this summer.
    Even if he opted out he'd still be able to sign a 1 year deal with us. Actually I think no matter what he will probably opt out because NO could give him 120% even if over the cap because he was here last year. That's higher than the 108% he'd get for a normal raise.

Warriors vs Rockets not till Saturday

We will be a playoff team again when we re-sign Randle. On that note Sixers play tonight? Tight physical one. I have home team winning . Sixers.
    That's cool, if Randle comes back and we're in the playoffs next year, then we can talk about Randle in the playoff thread and it will make sense.

I've got Toronto winning, but honestly I could see the Sixers taking it. I still think Kawhi is the best player on the floor, and although Embiid is better than Siakam, he's not really fully healthy right now so is doing more at the moment. If Jimmy Butler shows up with another 30+ point game, then the Sixers will have a real chance because Toronto's bench has been disappointing so far, but if the Raptor bench can be even mediocre then the Sixers could be in for a long night.

Even if he opted out he'd still be able to sign a 1 year deal with us. Actually I think no matter what he will probably opt out because NO could give him 120% even if over the cap because he was here last year. That's higher than the 108% he'd get for a normal raise.
    I looking at this as a good sign

I looking at this as a good sign
    Cool.

''You know who I don't think gets enough credit on defense? Kevin Durant!'' - Van Gundy in the middle of a Sixers/Raptors game.

The same Kevin Durant who half the league pushed for DPOY the first 4 months of last season. Ok-then.

Ben Simmons just committed a Draymond style flagrant, hitting Lowry below the waist.

Refs no-called it.

Thread Information