Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

I would love to have Malone back here coaching the Pels

Lol Belli throwing air balls now

Giannis having a really poor game right now. He's only played 22 minutes and he's 3 for 13 from the floor. 11 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists. Been outscored, out-rebounded, and out-assisted by Khris Middleton.

Tatum is having a rough one too, only 2 points and 6 rebounds. 1 of 4 from the floor.

Rough shooting nights all around.
    Basketball.

CP3 just had a meltdown

Good game from Brown but terrible from Tatum. Only had 4 points but it was on just 7 attempts which is a small sample size. Can’t have games like that but can’t knock to much cause he has been pretty damn good last year and so far in these playoffs where is is averaging 20 ppg on 53% FG and 50% 3pt. Jaylen Brown has been very efficient as well with 60% FG and 43% 3pt. Getting these 2 young studs would he great for this team. IMO that is the starting point in a trade for AD. We hit on our draft pick and we could really have something special here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    What change? I have literally never said Murray was bad. In fact, I remember specifically pointing out how well Denver had built through the draft, using Jokic and Murray as examples. You are talking about something that never happened. You're making it up and just talking nonsense.

That said, no, trading Davis for Murray isn't an option. Or rather, it technically is an option but it's an awful one. Murray is a good player who has done very well for Denver, but Denver has no other major assets, and Murray is not good enough to be 70% of a trade for Davis.
    Yea if we were making a trade with Denver it starts with Jokic or else I’m not interested. If I’m them I wouldn’t do it but you never know! Maybe if they get swept in the next round and Jokic plays bad? Doubt it but man I would love to have him. I was a Murray fan and would have gladly taken him but I like Buddy as well. It seems many around here actually did like Murray but for some reason they felt they had to turn on Murray to boost up Buddy every time he played bad. Got a little ridiculous at times.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea if we were making a trade with Denver it starts with Jokic or else I’m not interested. If I’m them I wouldn’t do it but you never know! Maybe if they get swept in the next round and Jokic plays bad? Doubt it but man I would love to have him. I was a Murray fan and would have gladly taken him but I like Buddy as well. It seems many around here actually did like Murray but for some reason they felt they had to turn on Murray to boost up Buddy every time he played bad. Got a little ridiculous at times.
    I don’t Denver wii give up Jokic now. But you had some good points.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Good game from Brown but terrible from Tatum. Only had 4 points but it was on just 7 attempts which is a small sample size. Can’t have games like that but can’t knock to much cause he has been pretty damn good last year and so far in these playoffs where is is averaging 20 ppg on 53% FG and 50% 3pt. Jaylen Brown has been very efficient as well with 60% FG and 43% 3pt. Getting these 2 young studs would he great for this team. IMO that is the starting point in a trade for AD. We hit on our draft pick and we could really have something special here.
    Tatum was great defensively. As you said, he didn't get the opportunities on offense. The Celtics did play that one just right and looked for the open man all game, which was hardly ever Tatum. It seemed like maybe the Bucks were worried about him as a #2 option and concentrated (a little too much) attention on him. To his credit he didn't force the issue. Mostly this year, it's been Brown who's sacrificed the role on offense. Likely the Bucks will adjust which will open up a bigger role for Tatum.

Toronto remembered it’s time to choke.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Kawhi is playing fine. Not great, but fine. Lowry is playing alright as well.

But Gasol and Danny Green 0-7 from three until that final jumper? Serge Ibaka with 2 turnovers in less than 5 minutes? You can't have that. The role players need to play their roles. Siakam having a shaky game so far too. He's playing well on defense but he's making some really bone-headed moves on offense.

Even if the Raptors somehow manage to make this comeback win, the team should be ashamed of themselves. The Sixers defense has been pretty good, but that doesn't excuse missing almost every single wide open shot: and they've had a lot of wide open shots.

Kawhi Leonard is the only player who's shot over 50% from the floor. As I write this, he's 12 of 21. The rest of the entire team is 16 of 58.

7 of 21 for Siakam. 5 fouls.
    5 of 15 for Lowry.
    Their bench is 2 of 10.

And it's not even that the Sixers played well tonight. They haven't. Embiid is 1 for 5. Simmons has 6 points. Reddick is 2 of 8 from deep. Harris is 3 of 11. They have 18 turnovers. There's no excuse for the Raptors to have played so poorly.

Kawhi up to 35. He's the only guy who is keeping them in this.

Lowry with two HUGE threes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Lowry with two HUGE threes.
    Yeah, Lowry came up HUGE!!!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

This going to be a good series! Blazers vs Nuggets

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Yeah, Lowry came up HUGE!!!
    It ended up being too little too late but when he hit them, the stadium erupted.

We all know about Playoff Rondo, well, there is Playoff Lowry as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    We all know about Playoff Rondo, well, there is Playoff Lowry as well.
    Yeah Barkley brought it up yesterday. It’s choking

Yeah Barkley brought it up yesterday. It’s choking
    It's strange because actually watching the game, Lowry did a lot right.

He played solid defense, especially in the post against larger players. He had plenty of hustle plays. He took charges and put his body on the line. He went after loose balls and forced turnovers.

Just couldn't put the ball in the hoop for the first 40 minutes.

I can't believe the NBA is scheduling Foster for the next Warriors-Rockets game. Are they looking to stir controversy?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I can't believe the NBA is scheduling Foster for the next Warriors-Rockets game. Are they looking to stir controversy?
    The NBA loves Golden State, and they have reason to dislike Houston. What we saw in game 1, and will continue to see through the rest of the season, is a historic screw-job. It's possible that even just the pressure the league put on Houston with the way they officiated game 1, will just cause Houston to crumble for the rest of the series. And even if they don't, it will take heroics from James Harden to overcome the reffing, and that won't happen because his game RELIES on reffing.

Just like when it was Golden State's first ring and they were allowed to get away with illegal screens on every possession, regular double dribbling, and hand-checking, this series is going to be an all-time demonstration of how to foul shooters and get away with it. Horrible, ugly basketball.

Edit: Just as a disclosure of bias, yes I really don't like Golden State, and I'm still annoyed at the way their series with us was reffed last year. But I hate Houston too, so it's not that big of a deal here.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 04-30-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Ratings! Honestly I found it funny CPFlop and James Flop would be worried about officiating.

I hate both teams as well and I find it funny and hypocritical of Harden to complain about officiating. He has led the NBA in FT attempts the last 5 years (nearly 180 more than the next player this year). It just seems silly for the NBA to allow Foster to officiate the game. It almost puts the pressure on Foster to overcompensate for the Rockets to avoid further criticism.

I hate both teams as well and I find it funny and hypocritical of Harden to complain about officiating. He has led the NBA in FT attempts the last 5 years (nearly 180 more than the next player this year). It just seems silly for the NBA to allow Foster to officiate the game. It almost puts the pressure on Foster to overcompensate for the Rockets to avoid further criticism.
    It's a lose-lose situation, to be honest. If you complain about Harden getting too many free throws in the regular season, you should be happy that they aren't calling stuff in the playoffs, but then unfortunately that benefits Golden State. At the same time, even if you dislike Harden's regular season antics (which I do), you have to recognise that it's not fair for them to refuse to call legitimate fouls just to make up for it, and Golden State has been getting away with nonsense for years so it's infuriating to see it happen now, yet again.

Refs refuse to call the fouls? It's bad because Golden State will inevitably win despite constantly committing dangerous fouls, it reminds me of last year when Golden State got away with nonsense against us, and it's the refs defeating Golden State's biggest Western Conference threat for them. It's also not fair because it sends the message that the same stuff Harden gets against the rest of the league suddenly doesn't count when Golden State is the opponent: tells the rest of the league that the NBA has a different set of rules for GS than everyone else.

Ref start calling the fouls? It's bad because James Harden's pathetic antics start paying off for him again and we have to watch him take 30 free throws a game instead of actually dynamic basketball.

I wouldn’t say choke. Toronto is playing arguably the best team in the NBA when everything is clicking. The problem the Sixers have is having everyone clicking as they are still figuring out how to play off each other. Talent wise they should win the East but that’s not always how it works. The Raptors big 3 played really good except for Siakim who could have made a few more shots.

LoL at they should be ashamed of themselves.. it’s a 7 games series for a reason! They are playing a top team in the NBA and lost a close game. Some of the over reaction here is ridiculous.

Thread Information