Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Here’s to a Bucks vs Blazers finals.
    I’m game for that.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Really like that CJ is using last year’s sweep as motivation.

Really like that CJ is using last year’s sweep as motivation.
    I like it too. I however don’t understand why people are name dropping Jrue when talking about Lillard and McCollum. Jrue’s not in the playoffs, so why keep mentioning him?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I like it too. I however don’t understand why people are name dropping Jrue when talking about Lillard and McCollum. Jrue’s not in the playoffs, so why keep mentioning him?
    Cause in last year's playoffs, Dame averaged 18.5 points per game on 35% from the floor and 30% from three, and got swept. This year, he's averaging 28.8ppg, on 44% from the floor and 44% from three, and is going to put OKC away in 5.

That brings up the obvious question: why can you do this this year against Westbrook, but you couldn't do it last year against Jrue Holiday? Westbrook is supposed to be a decent defender, so what gives? Is he that bad at guarding you? And if not, why are you so good now, when you choked it up last year? Surely then, that says something about Jrue.

Kind of like how in boxing, sometimes people's resume gets a retroactive boost when someone they beat goes on to beat some big name. Jrue's name is getting a boost because of how god-awful OKC is handling this.
    Basketball.

It might say more about Dame than it does about Jrue seeing as how Dame is still in the playoffs, and this isn’t last year.

It might say more about Dame than it does about Jrue seeing as how Dame is still in the playoffs, and this isn’t last year.
    Then if it's about Dame, it still begs the question: why could you, Lillard, not find any of this against Jrue Holiday? What made you fail against him? Did you choke? Which is, of course, related to Jrue again.

Obviously you think it's a dumb connection and that's fine, but that's the connection anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Then if it's about Dame, it still begs the question: why could you, Lillard, not find any of this against Jrue Holiday? What made you fail against him? Did you choke? Which is, of course, related to Jrue again.

Obviously you think it's a dumb connection and that's fine, but that's the connection anyway.
    I mean Westbrook is a good defender but mostly steals and blocks jrue on the other hand is tenacious he just comes at and just comes at you which throws a lot of ppl off their game also think he's the opposite of a lot of players where most will take plays off on the defense but him hell take plays off on the offense to save energy for defense. probably has zero to do with what you guys are talking about but I love me some jrue and still think he's underrated lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

People develop. If people are going to trumpet that Jrue has developed into a great defender, they should also credit Dame for developing his game. They are obviously not the same people as last year.
    Heck, they played twice this year and Dame went for 25/7/6. People grow, games change.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 04-22-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Happy for Tim Frazier too.
    I didn’t hate Tim, honestly I never understood the the hate towards him, I just always wanted an upgrade at his spot, but don’t we all?

I didn’t hate Tim, honestly I never understood the the hate towards him, I just always wanted an upgrade at his spot, but don’t we all?
    Yeah. I’m just happy for him and Niko.

Gotta love the Utah Fans “Flopper” chants at Harden and CP3

Minty with the good hair beat CPME and Da Beard.

Gotta love the Utah Fans “Flopper” chants at Harden and CP3
    It’s wild to think that he has only been called for traveling 5 times this entire year.

People develop. If people are going to trumpet that Jrue has developed into a great defender, they should also credit Dame for developing his game. They are obviously not the same people as last year.
    Heck, they played twice this year and Dame went for 25/7/6. People grow, games change.
    Sure, but people don't generally take that leap in a single year at the age of 27. So again, it's something worth talking about.

What is Jrue Holiday doing right now?
    Same thing Dame would be doing if CJ McCollum had demanded a trade mid-season, or that TIm Frazier would be doing if Giannis wanted out of the Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Sure, but people don't generally take that leap in a single year at the age of 27. So again, it's something worth talking about.
    So Jrue (at 29) can improve on his calling card (defense), but Lillard (at 28) cant improve on his calling card?

So Jrue (at 29) can improve on his calling card (defense), but Lillard (at 28) cant improve on his calling card?
    Jrue has been a strong defender for years, and has gone from relatively ignored and obscure NBA player that most people forgot existed to a legitimate force on the court on both ends during a highlight reel of a playoff run that saw him shut down an All Star and all NBA calibre dynamo. His profile got boosted.

Lillard hasn't improved, or at least, not much. He's doing this year what he did in the playoffs two years ago. He's not improved, he was already an all-star, already all NBA talent, already a top 20 player on everyone's list, already an elite scorer. This isn't odd for him. This isn't out of the ordinary.

That isn't to say Lillard can't improve. It's to say that Holiday is a much more notable improvement, and it came from nowhere, whereas all Lillard has done is gone back to being good, like he already was, before Jrue made him look like a scrub.

If someone averages 29ppg now, and 28ppg in the playoffs two years ago, but only 18ppg in the year that comes in the middle, you ask the question: okay, what went wrong then? And the answer is Jrue Holiday. What happened? Jrue happened. So people talk about it.

Ask him what he thinks of Jamal Murray!

Nets are done

The Jamal Murray haters are awfully silent tonight

What a bust Aldridge has become in the NBA.

Blazers/ Bucks final would be pretty great.

Lillard vs giannis. I would make offerings to the basketball gods for a 7 game series.

Kanter is the Turkish rocky. Dude is playing hurt.

Thread Information