Pelicans Report

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Awkward

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Untrue. Once traded the supermax is off the table.
    For some reason I was thinking this was his 2nd year with the Raptors. Isn’t the deal still available if you are with another team for multiple years? I believe they can still offer him the same $ just not a 5th year. Probably wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    For some reason I was thinking this was his 2nd year with the Raptors. Isn’t the deal still available if you are with another team for multiple years? I believe they can still offer him the same $ just not a 5th year. Probably wrong on that.
    No. Birds Rights are not the same as the Supermax. Toronto can offer him a 5th year but they are limited to a Veterans Birds Right Max. The same as every team. Birds Rights allows the extra year and higher year to year raises (8% vs 5%).

However, Once he was traded from San Antonio he lost the ability to sign for the supermax.

Mark Jackson thinks it makes no sense right now to say the Warriors are better without Durant

Feels weird to come back ot the playoff thread after all the ZION HYPE

But I'm still excited to watch Kawhi and Giannis go head to head. Let's get it
    Basketball.

Man, listen to that Milwaukee arena every time Giannis makes a move. That's gonna be us with Zion

That finish from Giannis was unreal.

Super good to see Mirotic playing deep in the playoffs. He's good people.

Giannis sinks a three
    on the other end, Kawhi sinks a three

It's a battle.

Siakam with the NASTY dunk!!!

End of the first, raptors up 11

Lopez really is the Bucks X-Factor tonight.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He has been tonight. Strip steals, key rebounds, key shots. Hasn't played this well in like 10 years.

Great game! Brogdon returning is huge! Having him back and getting his legs under him gives this team a real chance to take out the Warriors in the Finals. This Bucks team is no joke and I think we have a shot to build something similar. Even without Beal we match up very similarly talent wise and even skill set.
    Giannis/Zion
    Middleton/Beal
    Bledsoe/Jrue
    Brogdon/RJ
    Hill/Frank

there is no team in nba history that gets away with more moving screens than golden state smh

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I'm barely even interested in the Portland/Warriors series because it's got the Warriors in it, and they are the single most boring team in the NBA.

Lillard being a big nothing in this series so far though (only 5 quarters in, in fairness). He wasn't great in Denver either.

This is that Kobe style stuff, where as long as you hit a big shot every now and again you can shoot like garbage in between and your reputation is 'clutch', not 'chucker'.

Edit: that was harsh, don't pay too much attention to this comment. Lillard has been poor tho.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 05-16-2019 at 08:44 PM.

This Portland game is glorious right now. Hopefully they can keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm barely even interested in the Portland/Warriors series because it's got the Warriors in it, and they are the single most boring team in the NBA.

Lillard being a big nothing in this series so far though (only 5 quarters in, in fairness). He wasn't great in Denver either.

This is that Kobe style stuff, where as long as you hit a big shot every now and again you can shoot like garbage in between and your reputation is 'clutch', not 'chucker'.

Edit: that was harsh, don't pay too much attention to this comment. Lillard has been poor tho.
    He does have 16 in the half though. I'm guessing it isn't efficient though based on this

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    He does have 16 in the half though. I'm guessing it isn't efficient though based on this
    Lillard? He only has 10 in the half, and at the point that I wrote the comment he was scoreless in 12 minutes. He woke up in the last 4 minutes of the half.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Lillard? He only has 10 in the half, and at the point that I wrote the comment he was scoreless in 12 minutes. He woke up in the last 4 minutes of the half.
    Oops, must be CJ with 16.

Lillard is over 50% and working on a triple double.

Not trying to bust your chops just pointing out that he's having a good game as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Oops, must be CJ with 16.

Lillard is over 50% and working on a triple double.

Not trying to bust your chops just pointing out that he's having a good game as of now.
    Yeah, he woke up. Like I said though, at the time he had literally 0 points on 0% shooting and 0% from three in a solid chunk of time. After the Denver series and the first game of this series, where he averaged 24 points a game (which is good, but less than his season average) on barely 40% shooting and 29% from 3, I think it's fair to criticise his game recently. If he plays really well from here on out, then cool, but he was bad when I made the comment.

Warriors doing Warrior things now. This is boring.

Kanter has been such a non-factor for Portland.

THIS JUST IN...

The Warriors are still pretty good without Durant.

Dame Lillard is stuck on 10 points in 28 minutes of play. That's just not enough. If Portland want to win this game, he'll have to come to life in the 4th.

Thread Information