Pelicans Report

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Curry (Curry's shot was tougher than Kawhi's) Durant, Harden, Klay, Lillard,
    Not gonna lie that Lillard dagger shot from like 35ft was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Shooting % doesn’t win NBA championships..
    Perhaps he has been reading this forum?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I had Lillard in mind. Durant too.

I wouldn't trust Curry to make this shot with any consistency. Seeing him brick in the 2016 finals on the vital last shot was awful.
    I don't trust Harden to make it either, especially in the playoffs. The man crumbles under this kind of pressure. He'd take the shot and get blocked from behind by Ginobili.
    I wouldn't have faith in Klay to his this shot, in these circumstances. If it was a set shot corner three, sure, or a single contested shot off one dribble, sure. Not being hounded around the perimeter by three guys, barely able to see the rim.
    Dude, NOBODY makes that shot with consistency ! I watched, in person, about 40ft in front of me, Curry drain a 3pt shot with AD leaping by his face & was fouled w/ no call.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    The heart wants what it wants, right? Wouldn't bet six buttons and a can of Pepsi on it, but I'm going with Milwaukee. To win it all.
    I WANT the Bucks to win it all. I just don't see it happening unless the Blazers get past the Warriors.

I would LOVE to be proven wrong though. Absolutely.

<3

The heart wants what it wants, right? Wouldn't bet six buttons and a can of Pepsi on it, but I'm going with Milwaukee. To win it all.
    Who bets buttons ? What tha?!

Who bets buttons ? What tha?!
    That's the point. ''I would not even bet something completely worthless''.
    Basketball.

Dude, NOBODY makes that shot with consistency ! I watched, in person, about 40ft in front of me, Curry drain a 3pt shot with AD leaping by his face & was fouled w/ no call.
    Obviously if you would put your trust in Curry to hit it, then good for you. I wouldn't.

That's the point. ''I would not even bet something completely worthless''.
    Now, Pepsi, I can see!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Currently deliberating on whether Lillard's shot or Kawhi's was the better series ending buzzer beater from these playoffs.

I'm leaning Kawhi, because it was more heavily contested and it has that emotional weight for Toronto fans, as well as Kawhi's reaction to the shot and the fact that it teetered on the edge. The drama.

But obviously Lillard's was a longer shot, and there's something to be said for that cold conviction of just knowing you're going to drill it, and then doing so.

Edit: it's definitely Kawhi.

Obviously if you would put your trust in Curry to hit it, then good for you. I wouldn't.
    I wouldn't put my trust in ANYBODY to make that shot. That wasn't the criteria.
    Your blanket was- I can't think of anybody else that can make that shot.
    Goal post are moving.

Completely agree.

Randle makes that shot easily

Myth, do you NOT remember the Curry shot against the Pels? That was even more impressive.
    1) It was LONGER
    2) AD was flying across his face
    3) He was fouled & it wasn't called & MOST importantly
    4) It was to TIE the game. So, they LOSE if he doesnt make it. Toronto doesn't lose if Kawhi shot is missed. It's OT.

I wouldn't put my trust in ANYBODY to make that shot. That wasn't the criteria.
    Your blanket was- I can't think of anybody else that can make that shot.
    Goal post are moving.
    Fair enough, my bad. I should have phrased it better.

What I meant was: if that game is on the line and I get to pick the player, there are only maybe two or three other names in the league that I would be willing to trust to hit that shot, in those circumstances, more often than not. Obviously they could still miss, but I'd be willing to put my faith in them. I wouldn't put my faith in, say, Giannis, as much as I love him as a player, because he doesn't have the playoff experience and he isn't a very good shooter in general. I would put my faith in Lillard, Kawhi, and Durant to hit it, and if they missed I'd live with it knowing they were the best guys for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Randle makes that shot easily
    Randle makes that shot from 60 feet, four defenders hanging off him, with the ref personally insulting his fashion sense.

Randle makes that shot from 60 feet, four defenders hanging off him, with the ref personally insulting his fashion sense.
    No way from 60 ft.

No way from 60 ft.
    You're right, 70 feet.

You're right, 70 feet.
    I will say that I'll bet you a button that Randle hits a 70 footer before Simmons hits a 3 pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I WANT the Bucks to win it all. I just don't see it happening unless the Blazers get past the Warriors.

I would LOVE to be proven wrong though. Absolutely.

<3
    Well, on this forum- you're gonna be wrong . Now the PROOF aspect of that will probably be a bit shaky.

I will say that I'll bet you a button that Randle hits a 70 footer before Simmons hits a 3 pointer.
    Would not be surprised whatsoever. Simmons just flat out can't shoot at all.

Would not be surprised whatsoever. Simmons just flat out can't shoot at all.
    Odds of either or more - Brett Brown, Simmons , Embiid not in Philly next year?

Odds of either or more - Brett Brown, Simmons , Embiid not in Philly next year?
    I don't know exactly, but pretty high. I'd say there's a 70% or so chance that at least one of them moves. I don't see how they can continue on this path. They tried to fast track the process and it just doesn't look great.

Myth, do you NOT remember the Curry shot against the Pels? That was even more impressive.
    1) It was LONGER
    2) AD was flying across his face
    3) He was fouled & it wasn't called & MOST importantly
    4) It was to TIE the game. So, they LOSE if he doesnt make it. Toronto doesn't lose if Kawhi shot is missed. It's OT.
    I have blocked out all Pels vs GSW playoff memories from my mind. I like to think as if the Portland series is our only playoff entry.

Thread Information