Pelicans Report

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Completely agree. That was HUGE. The contest, the distance, off the dribble, falling away, the drama of the pin-balling around the rim, the echoes of Vince Carter in 2001, game seven, final shot.

Wow wow wow.
    Watch it again. watch Kawhi actually have time to squat down and watch it.

https://streamable.com/m593a

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Completely agree. That was HUGE. The contest, the distance, off the dribble, falling away, the drama of the pin-balling around the rim, the echoes of Vince Carter in 2001, game seven, final shot.

Wow wow wow.
    40pts on 40 shots ain't so good- U N T I L !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Watch it again. watch Kawhi actually have time to squat down and watch it.

https://streamable.com/m593a
    I know! The drama was huge. Then that reaction when it drops. The arena erupts and Kawhi just gets absolutely swarmed, it's fantastic.
    Basketball.

What a game! That’s why Kawhi is my 2nd favorite player! Guy carries his team by himself to take out 4 other stars. Amazing!

I know! The drama was huge. Then that reaction when it drops. The arena erupts and Kawhi just gets absolutely swarmed, it's fantastic.
    I don't even care about the raptors and it made me emotional. I didn't cry... but I felt the lip quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    40pts on 40 shots ain't so good- U N T I L !!!!!!
    He could have had 4 points on 40 shots and that single shot would have redeemed him.

That's a grown man shot. There's maybe 2 other players in the entire league that I'd think could hit that.

I don't even care about the raptors and it made me emotional. I didn't cry... but I felt the lip quiver.
    Not a Raptors fan at all, I think their fanbase is generally terrible. Hell, I even hate Drake.

But yeah... wow.

Yes, true, but at the same time a lot of these have been shots he would normally hit that he just hasn't. Everyone has a bad game sometimes and this is the first of the series for him, but you know he was hoping for something different.
    Perfect example of the hypocriticism you use to what is in like with your thinking. The same could be said about Curry last night.. he took shots he normally hits but just didn’t. Like you said everyone has a bad game sometimes but when you are the reason your team wins and goes to the conference finals nobody cares!

Not a Raptors fan at all, I think their fanbase is generally terrible. Hell, I even hate Drake.

But yeah... wow.
    Yeah I don't know if I've ever even heard a whole Drake song. The only time I'd hear him is on a game soundtrack. And I always turn every song off immediately on those.

Now here's the important question... What happens next. You got 4 teams.

And the Blazers aren't getting past the Warriors without some voodoo. So.... ?

He could have had 4 points on 40 shots and that single shot would have redeemed him.

That's a grown man shot. There's maybe 2 other players in the entire league that I'd think could hit that.
    Great shot, but I can name 3 guys on 1 team that could've made that shot. I watched one of them do it in the Smoothie King Center 5yrs ago. With AD in his face!

Yeah I don't know if I've ever even heard a whole Drake song. The only time I'd hear him is on a game soundtrack. And I always turn every song off immediately on those.

I still think it's going to be Warriors/Bucks in the finals. As much as I think Kawhi has proven beyond doubt that he's superstar, the Toronto team as a whole had way too much trouble with the Sixers this series to give me confidence for them against Milwaukee who are just a much better team than Philly.

Great shot, but I can name 3 guys on 1 team that could've made that shot. I watched one of them do it in the Smoothie King Center 5yrs ago. With AD in his face!
    Name 'em. I can't think of three guys in the entire league I'd bet on making that.

Shooting % doesn’t win NBA championships..

Is KD missing the first 3 games a type of Voodoo?

I still think it's going to be Warriors/Bucks in the finals. As much as I think Kawhi has proven beyond doubt that he's superstar, the Toronto team as a whole had way too much trouble with the Sixers this series to give me confidence for them against Milwaukee who are just a much better team than Philly.
    Eh........ Eh...... Eh........

Ok yeah i agree.

How many games do the Bucks v Warriors go?

Warriors in 6?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Shooting % doesn’t win NBA championships..
    I mean, not on it's own, no.

Not trying to put a damper on Kawhi or anything, the shot he just hit was monstrous.

But if he had shot 25/38 leading leading into that, he wouldn't have needed the buzzer beater. They would have just won flat out.

Name 'em. I can't think of three guys in the entire league I'd bet on making that.
    Curry (Curry's shot was tougher than Kawhi's) Durant, Harden, Klay, Lillard,

Eh........ Eh...... Eh........

Ok yeah i agree.

How many games do the Bucks v Warriors go?

Warriors in 6?
    I feel like Warriors in six is probably right.

But my heart says Bucks in 7.

If you see Lilliard coming to NOLA to get an urn full of dirt.... we'll know something is up.

I feel like Warriors in six is probably right.

But my heart says Bucks in 7.
    I love your heart.

Your heart is retarded.

but I love it.

He will be re-evaluated in a week. Soo, how many games is that? Maybe 2, could be 3. Right?

I love your heart.

Your heart is retarded.

but I love it.
    Lolololololololololololplolololol !!!!!

Curry (Curry's shot was tougher than Kawhi's) Durant, Harden, Klay, Lillard,
    I had Lillard in mind. Durant too.

I wouldn't trust Curry to make this shot with any consistency. Seeing him brick in the 2016 finals on the vital last shot was awful.
    I don't trust Harden to make it either, especially in the playoffs. The man crumbles under this kind of pressure. He'd take the shot and get blocked from behind by Ginobili.
    I wouldn't have faith in Klay to his this shot, in these circumstances. If it was a set shot corner three, sure, or a single contested shot off one dribble, sure. Not being hounded around the perimeter by three guys, barely able to see the rim.

Hey that looked like Jamal Maglorie in that pile.

I love your heart.

Your heart is retarded.

but I love it.
    The heart wants what it wants, right? Wouldn't bet six buttons and a can of Pepsi on it, but I'm going with Milwaukee. To win it all.

Thread Information