Pelicans Report

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    John Wall? Do I have a shot?

Solomon Hill, Ian Clark,Eric Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I’m sorry they are picking on you.

Don’t be strawman is hilarious and for some reason I’m forever in his head. Pelicandae is a good dude just don’t agree on much haha.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-10-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Don’t be strawman his hilarious and for some reason I’m forever in his head. Pelicandae is a good dude just don’t agree on much haha.
    M.M. Is that you?

John Wall? Do I have a shot?
    John Wall is the major competitor, especially because of his exploded ankle. It's debatable.

Solomon Hill, Ian Clark,Eric Gordon
    Their contracts are no way near as bad as CP3s.

Hill sucks, but his contract only has one more year on it and it's a quarter of the size of CP3's per year.

Clark is on a one year minimum. Yeah he sucks, but he's not getting paid anything.

Eric Gordon is getting $13m and he's an expiring next year. No way near as bad as CP3.

I think people are forgetting how bad CP3's contract is. It doesn't end until he's 37 years old, and he gets paid over $40m a year, including a mammoth $44.5m in the final season.

Imagine paying 37 year old CP3 $44.5m. Almost half the salary cap.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    John Wall is the major competitor, especially because of his exploded ankle. It's debatable.

Their contracts are no way near as bad as CP3s.

Hill sucks, but his contract only has one more year on it and it's a quarter of the size of CP3's per year.

Clark is on a one year minimum. Yeah he sucks, but he's not getting paid anything.

Eric Gordon is getting $13m and he's an expiring next year. No way near as bad as CP3.

I think people are forgetting how bad CP3's contract is. It doesn't end until he's 37 years old, and he gets paid over $40m a year, including a mammoth $44.5m in the final season.

Imagine paying 37 year old CP3 $44.5m. Almost half the salary cap.
    Blake Griffin- LEBRON JAMES (lightening bolt) !

Blake Griffin- LEBRON JAMES (lightening bolt) !
    Blake Griffin and Lebron James are actually producing though. Say what you want about Blake but he just finished averaging 25/8/5 and he'll only be 33 when his contract is up, instead of 37.

Lebron will be 37 when his contract is over too, but he's actually getting paid significantly less than CP3 (will be $4m less in his final year) and he's putting up 27/9/8 on 51% shooting.

Their contracts are both huge but at least they're putting up the big numbers and draw the crowds and stuff. I don't think CP3 himself is a crowd-puller anymore, and he's declining rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    What makes you think they can’t get right back here and have a chance against a Warriors team in 7 games. The team they have now should only be better and there and plenty of things Morey can do to improve the team. Unless Paul just tanks it which I don’t see happening this team will be every bit as good if not better next season. This conference could become wide open if Durant leaves.
    They couldn’t beat the Warriors at home when they were down KD. CP3 is getting older (and his play shows it). D’Antoni’s system hasn’t shown signs of being special even with more talent than what he had in PHX (what a difference Steve Nash made).

That team is about to be cash strapped, and aside from Harden, they don’t have a contract on that team anyone would want, so how do they improve their roster?

I’m not saying we are making the NBA Finals next year, but the Rockets sure as hell aren’t.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

CP3s contract might be the worst contract in basketball.
    That Clint Capela contract is not a pretty one either.

Blake Griffin and Lebron James are actually producing though. Say what you want about Blake but he just finished averaging 25/8/5 and he'll only be 33 when his contract is up, instead of 37.

Lebron will be 37 when his contract is over too, but he's actually getting paid significantly less than CP3 (will be $4m less in his final year) and he's putting up 27/9/8 on 51% shooting.

Their contracts are both huge but at least they're putting up the big numbers and draw the crowds and stuff. I don't think CP3 himself is a crowd-puller anymore, and he's declining rapidly.
    You probably right with Blake, but 1 of my favorite plays in Hornets/Pels history was when Jason Smith bout shoulder blocked Griffin into the Goal padding . Just truly magical.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Rockets have $118m in guaranteed salary for next season.

CP3 - $38m
    Harden - $37.8m
    Capela - $16.7m

That's basically $93m gone on three guys. And all three of them are locked up for at least the next THREE years.

Rockets have their hands completely tied.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Man, you are so correct. 1 week ago, media narrative created Houston Darlings. But now. Stephen A Smith, Hemmoroid Kellerman, Skip & Cowherd will literally destroy everything HOUSTON. Cash Strapped, terrible contracts, Dantoni, Harden are constant penultimates .

Man, you are so correct. 1 week ago, media narrative created Houston Darlings. But now. Stephen A Smith, Hemmoroid Kellerman, Skip & Cowherd will literally destroy everything HOUSTON. Cash Strapped, terrible contracts, Dantoni, Harden are constant penultimates .
    SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUPPPPPPPPPPP

The fact Chris Paul is making 38m is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The fact Chris Paul is making 38m is insane.
    Gets worse. Like I said, his final year? Age 37? $44.5m

SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUPPPPPPPPPPP
    Dude, Shannon Sharpe is my guilty pleasure. That dude is truly funny.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Very disappointed to see GSW win but not surprised. Can Denver or Portland beat them? Who has the best chance?if GSW goes to finals who has the best chance against them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked this. In 2021-22 season, the Houston Rockets will be paying

CP3 - $44.5M
    Harden - $43.8M
    Capela - $18.5M

That is ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS.

For three guys!!!! And one will be 37 year old Chris Paul!!!

$107M!!!

Dude, Shannon Sharpe is my guilty pleasure. That dude is truly funny.
    He's great. He's actually more insightful than most TV pundits (not saying he's a genius but he's not a total idiot either) and he's legitimately hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Very disappointed to see GSW win but not surprised. Can Denver or Portland beat them? Who has the best chance?if GSW goes to finals who has the best chance against them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All I know is- If GState w/OUT KD plays Milwaukee, ugh ! Milwaukee will beat them like a red headed step child.

He's great. He's actually more insightful than most TV pundits (not saying he's a genius but he's not a total idiot either) and he's legitimately hilarious.
    The Dew battles are great. When he gets into LBJ or #2 discussions with Skip. Priceless.

The Dew battles are great. When he gets into LBJ or #2 discussions with Skip. Priceless.
    The fact that Skip called Kawhi #2 is both one of the funniest things he's ever done, and the stupidest. It's a masterstroke of dumb trolling.

The fact that Skip called Kawhi #2 is both one of the funniest things he's ever done, and the stupidest. It's a masterstroke of dumb trolling.
    C'mon Skip-- Don't do dat, Skip.-- I see what you tryin to do Skip.

C'mon Skip-- Don't do dat, Skip.-- I see what you tryin to do Skip.
    ''Sometimes a man can make his destiny on the very road he took to avoid it.'' - Shannon Sharpe's sister, according to Shannon Sharpe.

I think y’all scared GA away

I think y’all scared GA away
    Nah, he just prefers First Take

Thread Information