Pelicans Report

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Wish I could show up to work, do nothing and let my co-workers bail me out for the first 7.5 hours of my shift and then put in 60% quality for the final hour and a half and still get a raise.
    Basketball.

Shout out to James Harden for showing up tonight even though it didn't end up in a win. Nothing to be ashamed of from this one.

So Curry didn’t turn it around? Curry wasn’t what the team needed to win this game? 9-20 with 33 points isn’t the best game but it won the game and put them in the WCF. What else matters right now? That Curry had a few bad stretches shooting? As VanGundy just said stats mean nothing for Harden or Paul right now just the team that won.

Nobody wants to here you whine about your job. Become an athelete and maybe it would be a possibility for you. Ignore that you helped your business be the best in the world for 3 seasons and one of the best in the world at what you do up until a few nights of work you were off but sealed the deal when it really mattered for your work. Keep being salty he turned it around big deal move on.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-10-2019 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    So Curry didn’t turn it around? Curry wasn’t what the team needed to win this game? 9-20 with 33 points isn’t the best game but it won the game and put them in the WCF. What else matters right now? That Curry had a few bad stretches shooting? As VanGundy just said stats mean nothing for Harden or Paul right now just the team that won.

Nobody wants to here you whine about your job. Become an athelete and maybe it would be a possibility for you. Ignore that you helped your business be the best in the world for 3 seasons and one of the best in the world at what you do up until a few nights of work you were off but sealed the deal when it really mattered for your work. Keep being salty he turned it around big deal move on.
    4 of 11 from three.

4 turnovers for 4 assists.

4 fouls, and overall poor defense.

He is the only REASON that the game needed closing in the first place. If he had even played to his usual standard through the first 35 minutes, this would have been a blowout.

Stop trying to act like I'm bullying poor multi-millionaire Steph by not accepting these excuses. He's a super star, and the best shooter of all time. He played well below his usual this series, and shot like garbage the entire time. Those two things can be true at the same moment. Deal with it.

Curry 2nd half 33 points on 9-15 shooting on the highest scoring 4th quarter of his career. Yet we are going to say Curry didn’t turn it around and win this game!? Yea ok! Another “if”! “If he had blah blah”..

Curry 2nd half 33 points on 9-15 shooting on the highest scoring 4th quarter of his career. Yet we are going to say Curry didn’t turn it around and win this game!? Yea ok!
    Lol, you keep throwing out this same sentence like it's different from the first time I answered it.

Sure, if you think what Curry did tonight was worthy of getting your knees all bruised, then good for you. I think he's a superstar, and I think he should play like one, and I'm holding him to that standard because I know he's great enoguh at this game to meet it.

In any case, congratulations for Iguodala for having his best game of the playoffs so far, and congratulations to Klay for keeping the Warriors in it for the first 40 minutes.

At the same time, as much as I don't like Harden's game and I hate watching the Rockets, him and CP3 really showed up tonight and nobody can take that away from them. Harden has choked hard in the playoffs before, and that didn't happen tonight. He just got beat, that's it.

I hope Denver beat Portland. I think Denver present the biggest issue to GS. GS have nothing for Jokic.

So Curry having his best scoring 4th quarter of his career in game 6 of the playoffs for his team to win a tight game isn’t turning it around? You just sound salty so I’ll let you argue with yourself on this one. Curry was incredible in the 4th and as I said turned it around and was the reason they would win or lose. He was the reason they won.

So Curry having his best scoring 4th quarter of his career in game 6 of the playoffs for his team to win a tight game isn’t turning it around? You just sound salty so I’ll let you argue with yourself on this one. Curry was incredible in the 4th and as I said turned it around and was the reason they would win or lose. He was the reason they won.
    Good for you buddy. I've said my piece on it, several times. Just go back and read my last comment again if you feel like arguing some more.

Time to break up the Rockets and accept the fact that both Morey and D’Antoni are not as big as their billing.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Good for you buddy. I've said my piece on it, several times. Just go back and read my last comment again if you feel like arguing some more.
    What are you doing? You will never learn, will you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    What are you doing? You will never learn, will you?
    Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Time to break up the Rockets and accept the fact that both Morey and D’Antoni are not as big as their billing.
    Morey put together a great, but limited team. D'Antoni is, and always has been, a fantastic regular season coach who can't hack it in the playoffs.

Actually feel bad for CP3. Can hear it in his voice that one hurt..

Can't teach an old dog new tricks.
    Notice: I haven't responded to GA in eons. Why ? Because I can't see his post.
    Yes, as you, I like to try and fix stupid, so to NOT tempt myself, I have implemented the WONDERFUL Ignore button.

They have played the best team in the NBA better then anyone both seasons. This team is going nowhere and it isn’t like CP3 is just gonna fall off a cliff. People over react just a little.

Tacos

The Rockets aren’t that great, and they won’t win anything next year when the Warriors break up.

They don’t have a guard to run that system, and CP3 and Capela’s contracts are going to prevent them from improving that roster.

#truestory

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Notice: I haven't responded to GA in eons. Why ? Because I can't see his post.
    Yes, as you, I like to try and fix stupid, so to NOT tempt myself, I have implemented the WONDERFUL Ignore button.
    I actually had him on ignore for a while, but (like an idiot) I couldn't help but always click that little button that showed me what he said. Made the ignore useless.

Bringing so much to the conversation as usual strawman

The Rockets aren’t that great, and they won’t win anything next year when the Warriors break up.

They don’t have a guard to run that system, and CP3 and Capela’s contracts are going to prevent them from improving that roster.

#truestory
    CP3s contract might be the worst contract in basketball.

#truestory
    Gangsta Griff is gonna do a couple of drive-by's, loot some stores & fleece some GM's & we are going to be competitive this yr.

CP3s contract might be the worst contract in basketball.
    John Wall? Do I have a shot?

Bringing so much to the conversation as usual strawman
    I’m sorry they are picking on you.

#truestory
    What makes you think they can’t get right back here and have a chance against a Warriors team in 7 games. The team they have now should only be better and there and plenty of things Morey can do to improve the team. Unless Paul just tanks it which I don’t see happening this team will be every bit as good if not better next season. This conference could become wide open if Durant leaves.

Thread Information