Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Curry has a body of work is much larger then just a game. He’s still having a very good series and playoffs. He is having a terrible game and if he doesn’t step up to become to reason they win in this 4th then he will be the reason they lost.

After 3 quarters, Curry has:

10 points
    4 assists
    2 rebounds

on 3/12 shooting (25%) and 1/6 from three (that's 16.7%!!!!)

With 4 turnovers and 3 fouls.

He's played 25 minutes!!!!!
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think they might beat the Raptors, because the Raptors bench has a serious case of choker-itis.

These Warriors get put in the dirt by the Bucks we saw against Boston though.
    Gracious, Freak, Niko, Lopez, Ilyasova !!! All of that freakin length & all can drain 3's. Well, not Freak, but who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Curry has a much larger body of work is much larger then just a game. He’s still having a very good series and playoffs. He is having a terrible game and if he doesn’t step up to become to reason they win in this 4th then he will be the reason they lost.
    He is not having a great series whatsoever. In the previous 5 games in this series he has put up 22 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds per game on 39% from the floor and 26% from three with 4 fouls and 3 turnovers a game.

That is not a great series. If he was having a great series, this series would be over.

He is not having a great series whatsoever. In the previous 5 games in this series he has put up 22 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds per game on 39% from the floor and 26% from three with 4 fouls and 3 turnovers a game.

That is not a great series. If he was having a great series, this series would be over.
    He hasn’t shot very efficiently this series but he has still been very good for most of this series. Has also been a little different since hurting his ankle. He just destroyed the Clippers. His playoffs so far have been very good outside of a few bad shooting nights this series.

He hasn’t shot very efficiently this series but he has still been very good for most of this series. Has also been a little different since hurting his ankle. He just destroyed the Clippers. His playoffs so far have been very good outside of a few bad shooting nights this series.
    He's shot like absolute garbage, turned the ball over at a ridiculous rate, fouled like it was his job, and isn't playmaking up to his usual standard either.

If this was any other superstar, people would be ripping him to pieces for this. When Russell Westbrook was this inefficient and turning the ball over this much in the first round, every article writer and news show had a special about how Westbrook was ruining the Thunder.

But because it's Curry, there's been damn near radio silence. When he plays like this, we make excuses for him. Oh it's his ankle, oh it's his finger, oh it's him deferring to Durant. But when he finally has a good game, like game 3 (I think that's the game he had 30 in), nobody mentions that. They only bring that up as an excuse to forgive him for being absolute hot trash that would have seen himself kicked out of the post-season on any other team.

Livingston and Looney coming up huge tonight! Both have been as good as you can ask. Iggy has also stepped up big so far going 5-8 from 3pt.

Tonight, playing the role of Stephen Curry, it's Andre Iguodala.

Curry had a great 1st round. Curry is the only unanimous MVP ever and a 3x NBA Champ. Comparing him to how people talk about Westbrook getting knocked out in the 1st round his just a little different. Curry has been ripped with everyone saying how he can’t ride Dursnt with this play but is given the respect that he will and a bad shooting stretch isn’t anything big.

Curry had a great 1st round. Curry is the only unanimous MVP ever and a 3x NBA Champ. Comparing him to how people talk about Westbrook getting knocked out in the 1st round his just a little different. Curry has been ripped with everyone saying how he can’t ride Dursnt with this play but is given the respect that he will and a bad shooting stretch isn’t anything big.
    Curry had a mixed first round. His first three games against the Clippers were red hot. His final three were poor.

I'm not denying Curry's legacy. 3x champ, and he deserves it. He deserves his MVPs. Greatest shooter of all time, no question. I'm not doubting him as a player.

All that doesn't change the fact that he has stunk like garbage in this series and deserves criticism for it.

He has gotten plenty of criticism but they haven’t lost and are in a position to win in 6 going to the WCF. He is already somewhat turning it around this game and like I said will likely be the reason they win or lose. Criticism shouldn’t be near a Westbrook level unless they lose the series.

Klay has been huge tonight! Couldn’t have been any better. He could have but he has been that good.

Curry playing possum!

He has gotten plenty of criticism but they haven’t lost and are in a position to win in 6 going to the WCF. He is already somewhat turning it around this game and like I said will likely be the reason they win or lose. Criticism shouldn’t be near a Westbrook level unless they lose the series.
    Where? Where's the criticism come from? Hasn't been on this board except from me. Haven't seen it on twitter. Haven't seen it on the talk shows or in the ESPN articles. I've seen occasional brief mentions that he has ''not been at his best''. That's brushing off how poor he has been.

They have lost. 3 games. That's why they're still in this series. They should have been done. If Curry had done his job properly, the way we KNOW he can, this series would have been over in 5 at most. They should be resting for the conference finals already.

He's already turning it around this game? No he isn't. He has hit two shots in the last 6 minutes, turned the ball over, and committed another bone-head foul. He's 3 of 10 from deep right now, you realise that? He's going to finish tonight with like, 24 points on 9 of 21 shooting, 4 of 11 from three, more fouls than assists or rebounds, and there will not be a single article written about it.

Klay Thompson and Andre Iguodala are saving his bacon AGAIN tonight.

Klay Thompson puts the bow on it.

Like I said Curry will be the reason the win or lose this game!! Klay was the real reason they won but they needed Curry to get hot and he did! What a game!

Eric Gordon and CPFlop whining

Like I said Curry will be the reason the win or lose this game!! Klay was the real reason they won but they needed Curry to get hot and he did! What a game!
    ''Curry will be the reason they win or lose this game!!''

''Klay was the real reason they won''

wat

Is he turning it around?

Chris Paul window is closing

''Curry will be the reason they win or lose this game!!''

''Klay was the real reason they won''

wat
    I think you are smart enough to understand what I said. You just salty haha!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    It's closed.

Anyone feel sorry for CP3?

I think you are smart enough to understand what I said. You just salty haha!
    Yeah, I understand that you just said Curry will be the reason they win or lose, and also that Klay is the reason they won.

Which are contradictory statements.

And no, he still finishes this game poor. He was better in the final 5 minutes than the first 36, no doubt about that, but he wasn't good. You can't spent 75% of a game being a complete non-factor and then show up for a few shots at the end (5 of which are free throws cause he missed all his threes in those final few minutes) and claim to have had a good game.

Edit: 7 of which were FTs lol

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Guy just played great tonight! This team can still make something happen coming up for next season and if not they will be right back conpeteting with what will likely be a Durantless Warriors. He doesn’t have to be the guy and his play style can be very effective for a long time.

Thread Information