Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Embiid starting as he means to go on.

With a brick.
    Basketball.

I get that not every play is perfect and switches happen and stuff, but I'm very sceptical about this ''Lowry guarding Butler'' thing they have going on right now.

Simmons with the pointless, stupid foul.

Sixers haven't really been very good this first quarter, but the Raptors defense has been appallingly full of holes and they're letting the Sixers get away with a lot of mistakes.

Raptors look like someone sucked out their brains before the game started and they're making dumb moves they wouldn't have made in the last game.

Raptors stringing together a run here, looking a little more like themselves.

So far the Raptors have just looked like a shambles. Sixers aren't doing anything great, but the Raptors have no idea what's going on.

Kawhi just put Harris on a poster.

Sixers have not been good. Shooting 48% from the field and 34% from three isn't terrible, but it's nothing amazing. They have 10 turnovers through 2.5 quarters. Embiid is 3/11 from the floor. Reddick is 2/8 from deep.

But the Raptors have just been disgracefully disorganised this whole game. 41% from the floor, 25% from three: you can't win games like that unless you're playing shutdown defense, and the Raptors have fallen apart on D play after play.

Rodney Hood has Utah and Cleveland fans cursing the heavens.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Didn’t Seth Curry used to play on our summer league team? Thanks Dell.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Didn’t Seth Curry used to play on our summer league team? Thanks Dell.
    Indeed he did.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nol...outputType=amp

Like I said if the Sixers are clicking they can beat anybody. That team is loaded with talent top to bottom. Let’s see if they can close our game 7. Either way the ECF is going to be a great matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Like I said if the Sixers are clicking they can beat anybody. That team is loaded with talent top to bottom. Let’s see if they can close our game 7. Either way the ECF is going to be a great matchup.
    That's part of what I was saying.

The Sixers weren't clicking! They had a mediocre game, where Embiid was still bad, Butler was underwhelming, Reddick was trash. Simmons was their only player who actually impressed me, with his best game of the series.

The problem wasn't that the Sixers were clicking and just overpowered Toronto. The problem for Toronto is that half of their roster picks and chooses their days to show up. Is Kyle Lowry gonna have a good game where he drives, passes, hustles and defends, or is he just gonna chuck up dumb threes and get blown by to the rim? Is Marc Gasol gonna have 16 points or 0? Is Ibaka going to stretch the floor and protect the rim or is he going to get cute and try and take people off the dribble again? Is Siakam going to play like he did in game 1, or is his leg injury really that bad and he's gonna play like he did in (I think) game 5?

Who knows? Their only player who has been consistently good has been Kawhi. If the supporting cast shows up, they smash the Sixers because the Sixers aren't a great team. If they don't show up, the Sixers win even if they play at a 'meh' level because the Raptors become the baby dinosaurs again.

So the Sixers weren’t clicking and they still put a beat down on the Raptors. I never said they did click in that game. From the very start of the game you did nothing but bash at any possible moment as if you were trying to backup and double down your previous statements about them. When it doesn’t line up with what you believe you ignore any possible thing the team or players does only dishing out the negative. Let’s ignore Embid going 1-8 to start to then finish 5–14 with the best +/- of his career finishing 17 points 12 rebounds with great defense.. Let’s ignore Simmons going 21/8/6 on 9-13 FG along with 0 TOs.. Let’s ignore Butler putting up 25/6/8 against the best defender in the NBA while he played great defense himself.. Tobias with 16/9/5 just not his most efficient night.. bench player Mike Scott playing very well..

You ignore everything the Sixers did because a couple of role players for the Raptors didn’t step up? Now it’s not possible the Raptors just simply didn’t have enough talent to compete with a Sixers team that had 2 of their stars play great while the other 2 had solid games just a rough stretch at times.. No that’s not possible! Leonard did what he was suppose to do with 29/12/5.. Siakim did what he was suppose to do with 21/6/3.. Lowry had a solid game with 13/5/6 but is stuck on a complete mismatch this entire series.. This game is exactly why the Sixers are so dangerous. The Raptors have to be clicking on all cylinders from top to bottom while the Sixers just need a couple of guys to ball out while the rest can have their bad stretches and what not.. Again as I said when the Sixers are clicking on all cylinders the only team that matches up is a Warriors team with Durant. They present some huge mismatches for just about every team and when they are clicking at times it shows.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-10-2019 at 05:40 PM.

So the Sixers weren’t clicking and they still put a beat down on the Raptors. I never said they did click in that game. From the very start of the game you did nothing but bash at any possible moment as if you were trying to backup and double down your previous statements about them. When it doesn’t line up with what you believe you ignore any possible thing the team or players does only dishing out the negative. Let’s ignore Embid going 1-8 to start to then finish 5–14 with the best +/- of his career finishing 17 points 12 rebounds with great defense.. Let’s ignore Simmons going 21/8/6 on 9-13 FG along with 0 TOs.. Let’s ignore Butler putting up 25/6/8 against the best defender in the NBA while he played great defense himself.. Tobias with 16/9/5 just not his most efficient night.. bench player Mike Scott playing very well..

You ignore everything the Sixers did because a couple of role players for the Raptors didn’t step up? Now it’s not possible the Raptors just simply didn’t have enough talent to compete with a Sixers team that had 2 of their stars play great while the other 2 had solid games just a rough stretch at times.. No that’s not possible! Leonard did what he was suppose to do with 29/12/5.. Siakim did what he was suppose to do with 21/6/3.. Lowry had a solid game with 13/5/6 but is stuck on a complete mismatch this entire series.. This game is exactly why the Sixers are so dangerous. The Raptors have to be clicking on all cylinders from top to bottom while the Sixers just need a couple of guys to ball out while the rest can have their bad stretches and what not.. Again as I said when the Sixers are clicking on all cylinders the only team that matches up is a Warriors team with Durant. They present some huge mismatches for just about every team and when they are clicking at times it shows.
    If you think Embiid played 'great defense' then that tells me all you need to know about your ability to judge defense. He was mediocre at best. Refused to close out and is lucky that Gasol couldn't put the ball in the hoop to save his life because he got uncontested looks regularly.

No, I didn't ignore ''everything the Sixers did''. I pointed out that Reddick sucked: which he did. I pointed out that Embiid was subpar, which he WAS, because you are using the fact that he had 17 points as a point in his favour!! 17! The crucifixion Kawhi would have if he scored 17 points on that efficiency is immense, but for Embiid we're supposed to applaud him for it? Come on.

Leonard did was he was supposed to do. Siakam played alright: not great. Gotta look at more than the box score: watch the game back and look at how he was moving off ball. Or rather, look at how he WASN'T moving off ball for half of the plays, and look at his lacklustre defense as opposed to some of the other games in this series. Lowry had a solid game with 13 points in 39 minutes from your all-star point guard is playing well now?

Your player evaluation is low-grade, we already knew that from when you we stanning for Ingram a few months back, but this is just lame. The Sixers played an OKAY game. Nothing great. They were just alright. Some players had good games (Simmons) other players had garbage games (Reddick) and other players had mid-level games where they were okay but nothing special (Embiid, Butler). If the Toronto that showed up last game was the same Toronto from game 5, the Sixers get put in a box: it's that simple. They won because the Raptors wet the bed. Nothing more.

LoL not even reading past Gasol.. Your posts are comical like you were waiting for any moment so you could raise your hand and say you were right.. That just never happened so you had to resort to things like Embid bricked a shot! Kawhi put someone one a poster! You are right though! The Sixers sucks but are just taking one of the best teams in basketball to game 7 to compete in the ECF. Your full of a bunch of if if if..
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-10-2019 at 06:01 PM.

LoL not even reading past Gasol.. Your posts are comical like you were waiting for any moment so you could raise your hand and say you were right.. That just never happened so you had to resort to things like Embid bricked a shot! Kawhi put someone one a poster! You are right though! The Sixers sucks but are just taking one of the best teams in basketball to game 7 to compete in the ECF. Your full of a bunch of if if if..
    ''Lol you have an argument so I'm just not gonna read it and then proclaim victory''.

You are terrible at this. ''The Sixers suck!'' where did I say that?

You have this really horrible, annoying habit of just saying things and putting words in other people's mouths and then arguing against your own imagination. It happened back in February when I said I don't really like the Lakers trade and you decided that it meant that I thought Ingram was complete useless garbage who would never improve, and it's happening now when all I said is that the Sixers aren't a top team and they benefited from a terrible performance from the Raptors and you're taking it as if I said the Sixers are total trash and shouldn't even in be in the playoffs.

Learn to read. It will help you. There are plenty of resources available for you, and I believe you can do it, if you try.

I believe you were bashing the Sixers before any performance with the Raptors. I’m sorry you didn’t say they sucked but just used everything else to describe a team that sucks without actually saying it. Maybe read your own posts? Yea we all know you are the only one that has any credibility when talking on young players. I find it funny anyone who believes in Ingram is an idiot and doesn’t know what they are talking about. Yet one of the most respected front office guys in the NBA who we just so happen to hire was just talking about him as a cornerstone player a couple months ago.. hmmm..

I believe you were bashing the Sixers before any performance with the Raptors. I’m sorry you didn’t say they sucked but just used everything else to describe a team that sucks without actually saying it. Maybe read your own posts? Yea we all know you are the only one that has any credibility when talking on young players. I find it funny anyone who believes in Ingram is an idiot and doesn’t know what they are talking about. Yet one of the most respected front office guys in the NBA who we just so happen to hire was just talking about him as a cornerstone player a couple months ago.. hmmm..
    Stop putting words in my mouth.

''I'm sorry you didn't say they sucked'' yeah, you're right, I didn't. So maybe stop acting as if I did and actually respond to reality. I said that the Sixers aren't a top team. They're not. Raptors, Warriors, Bucks, Blazers, Rockets, Nuggets: who are they better than? None of them. They're a fringe top ten team, and if Oladipo didn't get injured they would have been behind Indiana too. They don't suck, they're still a good playoff team who definitely deserved to win against a surprisingly good Brooklyn team, but there's a difference between being a top team and being a good team.

Yeah, I'm the only one who has any credibility when talking about young players. Which is why like half the board agrees with me on Ingram, and why you have to make stuff up about my opinions on Ingram in order to argue against them. I said he's not a star right now, and I don't think he's going to become a superstar. I already said multiple times that he could improve, and I even said I would be shocked if he didn't improve at least in certain ways. Somehow, you took that as me saying that he's garbage. Why? God knows. I can think of a bunch of reasons and none of them are flattering.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Stop putting words in my mouth.

''I'm sorry you didn't say they sucked'' yeah, you're right, I didn't. So maybe stop acting as if I did and actually respond to reality. I said that the Sixers aren't a top team. They're not. Raptors, Warriors, Bucks, Blazers, Rockets, Nuggets: who are they better than? None of them. They're a fringe top ten team, and if Oladipo didn't get injured they would have been behind Indiana too. They don't suck, they're still a good playoff team who definitely deserved to win against a surprisingly good Brooklyn team, but there's a difference between being a top team and being a good team.

Yeah, I'm the only one who has any credibility when talking about young players. Which is why like half the board agrees with me on Ingram, and why you have to make stuff up about my opinions on Ingram in order to argue against them. I said he's not a star right now, and I don't think he's going to become a superstar. I already said multiple times that he could improve, and I even said I would be shocked if he didn't improve at least in certain ways. Somehow, you took that as me saying that he's garbage. Why? God knows. I can think of a bunch of reasons and none of them are flattering.
    He is a Troll. He doesn't have to actually believe what he says, so long as he gets a rise out of you.
    I mean, c'mon, HE really can't believe some of his own silliness. It's a confrontation game & he likes to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    He is a Troll. He doesn't have to actually believe what he says, so long as he gets a rise out of you.
    I mean, c'mon, HE really can't believe some of his own silliness. It's a confrontation game & he likes to play.
    Like I said, a bunch of possible reasons he's like this. None flattering.

What do you know! Another “if” with Indiana.. as I said you are full of ifs.. They are not a top 10 team but are 1 game away from earning a spot into the top 4 with 4 star players? Ok!

Oh I can post several takes you had on Ingram that said just how good you thought he would be and garbage would have been a compliment but I’ll wait for those.. Now it’s just he wasn’t a star right now and won’t be a super star? LoL what a joke! He’s 21 years old but he’s not a star yet as if that’s some kind of negative?! Who said he would be a super star? There are a handful of super stars so not some hot take! WoW you said a 21 y/o kid could improve and you wouldn’t be shocked if he did! Another hot take! These are just more back stepping statements to try and protect the ridiculous stuff you had said before this. No it’s not half the board.. it’s less then handful of people who were backing the ridiculous stuff you were saying.. Not gonna group “half of the board” in who simply disagrees with my opinion on Ingram.. with the few that think anyone who believes Ingram can be a good NBA player doesn’t know what they are talking about and have no credibility on grading players.. Unless Ingram becomes Durant you will somehow try and back peddle as if all along you were right and didn’t believe he was the next goat. If anybody here thinks a young talent can develop into an all-star caliber NBA player then they simply don’t know basketball.. Unless! Unless it is a 21 y/o pelicandae likes..

What do you know! Another “if” with Indiana.. as I said you are full of ifs.. They are not a top 10 team but are 1 game away from earning a spot into the top 4 with 4 star players? Ok!

Oh I can post several takes you had on Ingram that said just how good you thought he would be and garbage would have been a compliment but I’ll wait for those.. Now it’s just he wasn’t a star right now and won’t be a super star? LoL what a joke! He’s 21 years old but he’s not a star yet as if that’s some kind of negative?! Who said he would be a super star? There are a handful of super stars so not some hot take! WoW you said a 21 y/o kid could improve and you wouldn’t be shocked if he did! Another hot take! These are just more back stepping statements to try and protect the ridiculous stuff you had said before this. No it’s not half the board.. it’s less then handful of people who were backing the ridiculous stuff you were saying.. Not gonna group “half of the board” in who simply disagrees with my opinion on Ingram.. with the few that think anyone who believes Ingram can be a good NBA player doesn’t know what they are talking about and have no credibility on grading players.. Unless Ingram becomes Durant you will somehow try and back peddle as if all along you were right and didn’t believe he was the next goat. If anybody here thinks a young talent can develop into an all-star caliber NBA player then they simply don’t know basketball.. Unless! Unless it is a 21 y/o pelicandae likes..
    Listen, you tired of 'ifs'? Want everything to be fully certain and black and white and perfect for you, no debates? How's this?

Both teams 100%: The Raptors are better than the Sixers. The Warriors are better than the Sixers. The Bucks are better than the Sixers. The Nuggets are better than the Sixers. The Blazers are better than the Sixers. The Rockets are better than the Sixers. No doubt in my mind about it. Deal with it. Don't like it, suck it up and look at the records, then get over it.

If Ingram turns into Durant, then I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. But who's doing the 'ifs' now? I'm working on what I see. Sure, if Ingram becomes a better rebounder, IF Ingram can get a reliable shot, IF Ingram can learn how to play defense, IF Ingram can learn to play off-ball with consistency, IF all of these things happen, sure he can be a star, but who on EARTH is playing the IF game when that's what you need on your side in order to be happy. You keep saying you have the quotes, you have the takes, you could drop all the receipts right now... but you won't.

And you never will, because you're making it up. You're a bad faith interlocutor. You either can't read, or don't want to read, and you seem proud of it. It would be worthy of pity if it weren't so worthy of scorn.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Listen, you tired of 'ifs'? Want everything to be fully certain and black and white and perfect for you, no debates? How's this?

Both teams 100%: The Raptors are better than the Sixers. The Warriors are better than the Sixers. The Bucks are better than the Sixers. The Nuggets are better than the Sixers. The Blazers are better than the Sixers. The Rockets are better than the Sixers. No doubt in my mind about it. Deal with it. Don't like it, suck it up and look at the records, then get over it.

If Ingram turns into Durant, then I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. But who's doing the 'ifs' now? I'm working on what I see. Sure, if Ingram becomes a better rebounder, IF Ingram can get a reliable shot, IF Ingram can learn how to play defense, IF Ingram can learn to play off-ball with consistency, IF all of these things happen, sure he can be a star, but who on EARTH is playing the IF game when that's what you need on your side in order to be happy. You keep saying you have the quotes, you have the takes, you could drop all the receipts right now... but you won't.

And you never will, because you're making it up. You're a bad faith interlocutor. You either can't read, or don't want to read, and you seem proud of it. It would be worthy of pity if it weren't so worthy of scorn.
    He will purposefully not pay any attention to anything you said in preparing his retort. He is 100% non compos mentis. I'm convinced.

Thread Information