Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If both were on fire, and I could only save one, I would go to Sonic and get a Sonic Blast.
    No Taco Bell?

At least your aren’t a fan of Enes Kanter who happens to live in Turkey. They don’t even show Blazers games in that country out of spite towards the player.
    I know. Respect to Kanter though for not capitulating. That's real bravery right there, regardless of what happens on an NBA floor.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I know. Respect to Kanter though for not capitulating. That's real bravery right there, regardless of what happens on an NBA floor.
    Indeed. It’s crazy to think that the Turkish Sports Star is ... Hedo Turkoglu.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

This. Also, part of what made D'Antoni's offense so terrifying in Phoenix was that the team was always in motion and people would cut from all over the court. Nobody in Houston cuts. Or rather, barely anyone. Their roster is James Harden, Chris Paul, Clint Capela, and a bunch of dudes who can go stand in the corner and wait for the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    No Taco Bell?

I’m not looking to get the runs.

Indeed. It’s crazy to think that the Turkish Sports Star is ... Hedo Turkoglu.
    As a note, Kanter doesn't actually live in Turkey anymore. He'd pretty much be arrested the moment he stepped off the plane.

This. Also, part of what made D'Antoni's offense so terrifying in Phoenix was that the team was always in motion and people would cut from all over the court. Nobody in Houston cuts. Or rather, barely anyone. Their roster is James Harden, Chris Paul, Clint Capela, and a bunch of dudes who can go stand in the corner and wait for the pass.
    Also, Steve Nash was better at the time than CP3 is now. Nash made many a man’s career.

This narrative of “the warriors will have to find a way to get by without two big starters” is a joke.

Boogie wasn’t a positive, and they still have 3 All Stars.

This narrative of “the warriors will have to find a way to get by without two big starters” is a joke.

Boogie wasn’t a positive, and they still have 3 All Stars.
    It's what we call an embarrassment of riches.

Their problem is that they have so many all-stars, they don't have room for roleplayers, so when their team gets an injury to an all-star, despite how many allstars they have left, they're always left with like, 6 guys total in the rotation.

That's a problem 25 or so other teams in the league would love to have.

Is Klay Thompson a free agent? Could Griffin be calling him if he is tired of picking up crumbs?

Is Klay Thompson a free agent? Could Griffin be calling him if he is tired of picking up crumbs?
    He is and he should.

Kerr just dropped 2 F bombs on live TV.

Word.

Kerr just dropped 2 F bombs on live TV.

Word.

Alvin did that a couple times this year.

Also, Steve Nash was better at the time than CP3 is now. Nash made many a man’s career.
    Do I say it? Do I dare?

Was Nash better than Harden is right now, too?

Edit: I should say, Was Nash better than Harden in ways that matter for D'Antoni teams?

Do I say it? Do I dare?

Was Nash better than Harden is right now, too?

Edit: I should say, Was Nash better than Harden in ways that matter for D'Antoni teams?
    He was Discussing the Liverpool game

This Warriors vs Rockets series just got very interesting. Harden has the ability to carry this team past the Warriors. Curry and Klay are going to need just 1 great game but a lot of pressure will be on them. Excited for game 6!

He was Discussing the Liverpool game
    Nash? Not surprised, he loves football, somehow. Third most boring sport of all time, after darts and NFL.

Honestly, I would take Nash over Harden in the D’Antoni system. He would need to have a big like AD to make it work, but look at D’Antoni’s prior stops (NY, LA, now HOU), he has had scorers, but his system hasn’t accomplished much. He needs a versatile PG to see his system through. If CP3 was the CP3 of old the Rockets would be scary, but he is a shell of the player who let Derron Williams take his lunch money.

To me it’s Nash over Harden if you want a well run D’Antoni system.

I loved Steve Nash but he aint no James Harden. James Harden carries the Rockets on his back offensively night after night. Nash had a lot more help. Stoudamire, Marion and Diaw were beasts back in the day.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    I loved Steve Nash but he aint no James Harden. James Harden carries the Rockets on his back offensively night after night. Nash had a lot more help. Stoudamire, Marion and Diaw were beasts back in the day.
    Not sure if serious or not, but Nash won the NBA MVP twice. He made those guys more than they made him, meanwhile Harden can’t make anybody anything.

I've been saying it for years, but I think we can all admit Chris Paul is done. He's declined to the point that I'm not even sure he's a net positive for a team anymore.

If the Rockets can’t beat the Warriors (without KD) they might as well just break up the band.

If the Rockets can’t beat the Warriors (without KD) they might as well just break up the band.
    I agree, and can you imagine what AD's value might be then?

Honestly, I would take Nash over Harden in the D’Antoni system. He would need to have a big like AD to make it work, but look at D’Antoni’s prior stops (NY, LA, now HOU), he has had scorers, but his system hasn’t accomplished much. He needs a versatile PG to see his system through. If CP3 was the CP3 of old the Rockets would be scary, but he is a shell of the player who let Derron Williams take his lunch money.

To me it’s Nash over Harden if you want a well run D’Antoni system.
    This is what I meant. Sure, in isolation (quite literally in iso-plays) Harden is superior to Nash, every day of the week.

But a team running D'Antoni's offense thrives best when it is led by an efficient but low usage PG, who sees genius level passing as their bread and butter, and who takes more joy in elevating others than themselves.

Harden is an inefficient but high usage scorer, who is a willing but uncreative passer and whose playmaking exists only for the joy of seeing his assist numbers in the box score. Harden is a far superior individual scorer to Nash, no question about it, but Nash had one of the highest IQs in basketball, ever.

Not only that, but somehow, Harden is such a flopping coward that I think Nash was tougher and grittier as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I agree, and can you imagine what AD's value might be then?
    I can’t, but I do know what Clint Capela’s value is, and between he and CP3 the Pelicans don’t have to worry too much about the Rockets (if the Pels can manage to get their ish together).

Thread Information