Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Kyle Lowry makes his first two FGAs for 5 early points. That's a good sign. He's been pretty awful on offense for the last two games, and they need him to function well if they want a good chance.
    Basketball.

Embiid has been woeful so far tonight

Some of these calls are ridiculous.

Gasol got called for an illegal screen, when they hadn't called an illegal screen all game
    Embiid got called for a travel when it was just his usual hesitation
    Kawhi got called for a foul when he didn't even touch the guy

Jesus refs...

Holy Christ, Kawhi is too good

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Holy Christ, Kawhi is too good
    Kawhi with Davis and Jrue would be awesome. Hopefully Griffin can work some magic but not holding my breath it happens.

Curry dislocated I think his middle finger on his shooting hand. It could be affecting him some over the last 2 games.

Kawhi Leonard this playoffs so far:

1: 25/6/3 on 56% from the floor and 60% from 3
    2: 37/4/4 on 68% from the floor and 50% from 3
    3: 16/10/4 on 26.3% from the floor and 0% from 3 (worst game of the playoffs for him)
    4: 34/6/2 on 60% from the floor and 40% from 3
    5: 27/7/2 on 72.7% from the floor and 100% from 3
    6: 45/11/2 on 69.6% from the floor and 43% from 3
    7: 35/7/6 on 54.2% from the floor and 30% from 3
    8: 33/4/3 on 59.1% from the floor and 50% from 3
    9: 39/14/5 on 65% from the floor and 71% from 3

Elite defense the whole time. The man is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Kawhi with Davis and Jrue would be awesome. Hopefully Griffin can work some magic but not holding my breath it happens.

Curry dislocated I think his middle finger on his shooting hand. It could be affecting him some over the last 2 games.
    Kawhi with Davis and Jrue, with all three firing on all cylinders, would be the best 3 man group in the league. Yes, I'm including KD/Curry/Klay in that.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Kawhi with Davis and Jrue, with all three firing on all cylinders, would be the best 3 man group in the league. Yes, I'm including KD/Curry/Klay in that.
    Offensively and defensively would be great. The prob I have with Toronto is they don’t seem to have any go to plays beside giving it to Kawhi and letting him make something happen. Don’t think that will keep working in crunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Offensively and defensively would be great. The prob I have with Toronto is they don’t seem to have any go to plays beside giving it to Kawhi and letting him make something happen. Don’t think that will keep working in crunch time.
    It's a risky strategy. Sometimes it pays off, like tonight, but other times it's just not enough for playoff basketball, like game 3.

I get the feeling that Toronto have become a little complacent. Take the beginning of this game, for example. Lowry was attacking, Kawhi was playing a little off ball, and they looked really good. Got off to an 11 point lead. Once that lead set in, Lowry backed off a little, the plays stopped happening and Kawhi was given the ball and told to keep it up. Like you said, that doesn't work consistently. Kawhi is a fantastic player, unquestionably, but you are ASKING to lose when you pin everything on one guy and tell him to just go win you the series, especially on the road.

Seen a few people speculating that maybe Embiid wasn't well for game 4.

This is what I was saying the other night. He was sick in game 2, so that's why he sucked. Then, in game three he was playing alright and doing windmill dunks and stuff, so he was healthy. Then, in game 4, he sucked again, and now we're hearing he was sick again.

Why do we have to pretend like this? Why the fakery? People just have bad games, especially when they have bad knees like Embiid does. We don't need to constantly invent excuses for them. He's not sick, or if he was sick for game two, he then didn't magically recover and then fall sick again within 3 days for games 3 and 4. It just didn't happen.

I mean, it goes without saying that Kobe never did it. Efficiency was NEVER Kobe's strong suit.

That said, yeah, Kawhi has been legitimately phenomenal. Every play he's a threat.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with Marv Albert here.

But yeah, it's absurd that the Celtics fans are complaining about the refereeing here. I mean, they are bad, but the refs have been bad for BOTH teams. Yes, Giannis is getting a lot of calls, but he's getting triple teamed on every drive, and he just drives through it: he gets fouled a lot.

Kyrie just blew a wide open layup, which has about summed up his series so far.

Brad Stevens, defensive genius, top five coach in the world, absolute master-mind who controls every game:

''Oh hey lets put Kyrie defending Giannis again for game 4, look how well it worked in game 3.''

Kyrie with his best Steph Curry impression, making a three and then a stupid no look pass that throws it out of bounds.

He looks terrible right now. Obviously its still early.

This first quarter is perhaps the greatest demonstrations of ''don't trust the box score'' I've ever seen.

Check the box score? Kyrie has 7/4/3 in the first quarter. That's good!

He's looked awful. Every dribble has looked like he's out of control, his shots have been bailouts, his turnovers (2) have both been really stupid. And yeah, he's sucked on defense but you can't even blame him for that. He should not be defending Gianiis.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Morris has proved invaluable for the Celtics. I'm thinking we could make use of that utility if the Celtics are our trade partner.

Tatum on triple double watch. Having a good all around game but needs to be more aggressive offensively. Brown is having another great game for what he is asked to do. Would like to see them involve him more and get more touches.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    WoW! If he can keep this up to finish the series with then that is just incredible. Kawhi has been my favorite player for a long time and I’m so happy he has become this good. Kawhi and my other favorite player Giannis have rewarded me well for believing in them. The NBA has so many great players right now.. We are very lucky to be witnessing is many greats. Always annoys me when they discredit players like Kawhi by using Lebron as someone who is in a different stratosphere which just isn’t true. I haven’t seen Lebron guard a teams best wing in over 10 years exerting almost no energy on defense for years. Players needs to be ranked on both sides of the ball and maybe more young kids would start playing D early on.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-06-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Not liking how eager Giannis has been to shoot threes in this first half. One of them made sense, he was open and he's been shooting pretty well recently, but one of them was with 20 seconds still on the shotclock with no passing, and the other was highly contested. Not a fan of that from a less than stellar shooter.

Kyrie is 5 of 16, and he just got a wedged ball

do the celtics even run an offense?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

George Hill really showing up this series

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    do the celtics even run an offense?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    They run a Brad Stevens offense.

So no.

Thread Information