Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Great defense by Tatum. Another terrible call.

Does anyone else think Tatum looks like he has gotten a little taller and longer since he came into the NBA? Sure looks like it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Great defense by Tatum. Another terrible call.

Does anyone else think Tatum looks like he has gotten a little taller and longer since he came into the NBA? Sure looks like it to me.
    Not sure.

Loved that move by Tatum before the timeout though. Beautiful handoff to Morris, and he immediately moved into the screen to create space. Gave Morris a wide open corner three despite two defenders being within 6 feet.
    Basketball.

I think Kyrie is great. But I really think Jrue can maybe be an even better fit with a more aggressive Tatum and Brown getting more touches next season. The defense from those 3 would be very good

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not sure.

Loved that move by Tatum before the timeout though. Beautiful handoff to Morris, and he immediately moved into the screen to create space. Gave Morris a wide open corner three despite two defenders being within 6 feet.
    Yea exactly what I thought. He can create in those ways and should be used more like this. Needs more touches imo and he will be ready for that role next season. Giannis is ridiculous.

Yea exactly what I thought. He can create in those ways and should be used more like this. Needs more touches imo and he will be ready for that role next season. Giannis is ridiculous.
    Giannis is incredible. Can't really say anything more than that. He just plays great basketball.

27/10/8 with 2 steals and 2 blocks on 70% from the floor tonight so far. Sheesh.

Boston just switched Kyrie onto Giannis.

Bold move, let's see if it pays off.
    4 minutes left in the game.

It did not pay off.

If Giannis can go on to beat the Warriors with Durant along with winning around 3 rings total.. He could go down as the 2nd greatest player of all time. This guy is incredible and is only getting better.

Tatum has 20 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals on 50% from the floor.

Yeah, comeback game.

If Giannis can go on to beat the Warriors with Durant along with winning around 3 rings total.. He could go down as the 2nd greatest player of all time. This guy is incredible and is only getting better.
    I kinda see what you mean, but at the same time, I don't think I agree.

Very solid games by Brown and Tatum. Encouraging to see Brown consistently show he is going to be a player and Tatum bouncing back from 2 bad games. These kids are just scratching the surface of their potential and both are in for huge jumps next season. They would thrive in Gentry’s system and his system would run how he likes it.

Giannis at just 24 years old is emerging as the best player in the NBA. He is elite on both sides of the court with ridiculous versatility to guard guys from Harden to AD. He doesn’t get enough credit for what he does. If he was playing in NY or LA he would be hyped as one of the GOATS. Only player close is Durant who he isn’t quite as good defensively and doesn’t impact everyone around him as a point forward the way Giannis does.

While Giannis has played very well in his young career and has a lot of time left to improve his resume', I believe you are being a bit optimistic in his forecast. There was basketball before the Warriors and "all time" would include some mighty impressive players. He still has a long way to go before I would put him in the top 10 of just all big men on an "all time" list.

What have you guys thought of Hayward during the playoffs?

Serious question. I haven't watched a minute of basketball. Been all into the NHL and my Stars this month.

Portland vs Milwaukee in Finals still a possibility!

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    What have you guys thought of Hayward during the playoffs?

Serious question. I haven't watched a minute of basketball. Been all into the NHL and my Stars this month.
    He's been monumentally mediocre. He's been averaging about 11 points and 4 rebounds. He's shooting alright from the floor, around 45% FG and 40% from 3, but he isn't creating his own shot and he's been a non factor on D.

Cavs fans sat at home fuming after watching George Hill drop an efficient 21, and Rodney Hood drop 19 including a game winner. They gotta be wondering where this was in the finals last year.

Maybe, just maybe, as Lebron has gotten older he's become a worse teammate and they couldn't play to the same level with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, as Lebron has gotten older he's become a worse teammate and they couldn't play to the same level with him.
    Somehow, I am not blaming LeBron for Rodney Hood refusing to check into the game when his coach called his number. Just not going to happen.

Somehow, I am not blaming LeBron for Rodney Hood refusing to check into the game when his coach called his number. Just not going to happen.
    Oh I wouldn't put it past a toxic situation

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Oh I wouldn't put it past a toxic situation
    I think a big part of the problem is that with Lebron, it's championship or bust. You either win a championship, or your season is a failure. A lot of players aren't comfortable in that kind of position. They want to win a ring, sure, but they celebrate a conference finals or even a second round trip, and they're just doing their best. For a team with Lebron on it, your best isn't good enough: if you aren't contributing towards a ring, you're useless and replaceable.

Which can definitely be a bad situation for a lot of players.

Chris Paul window at a ring slowly closing.

What a great freaking game this Warriors vs Rockets game has been! I always thought Dursnt was gonna go to the Rockets and team up with Harden. Would have gotten a lot more credit winning a championship there. Man had the Thunder traded away Ibaka instead of Harden or even Westbrook who had ridiculous value at the time to make the Thunder a deep and stacked team they might have 3-4 rings right now. I think Durant will end up in NY with AD where he will have an even better sidekick in AD then he had with Russ. Would be nice to see the Knicks good again and toughen up the East even more while weakening the West.

What a game!

I wish we still had Austin Rivers as a combo guard off the bench. I believe in giving players you draft time to develop unless you actually get something good in a trade and we got nothing. I think he could have benefited more staying in 1 place and learning from Jrue who is perfect for him to emulate and practice against. He has turned himself into a nice combo guard. We should have invested in a personal shooting coach from day 1 to work on his 3pt which some teams do.

Try again Monday?

Steph with another god awful game.

This is the luxury of being on a stacked team with a bunch of other all stars. You shoot 7 for 23, no steals, no blocks, only 3 boards, -3 BPM (worst of all starters) and blow a dunk, only two games after the game where you shot 5 for 13 (including 3 for 10 from deep), had as many turnovers as assists, and nearly fouled out, and somehow you're still going to end up winning the series in 6 or something.

People wonder why the players on Golden State don't get as much credit as other superstars most of the time, and here's why. If you're on Golden State with that many other super stars, you can regularly wet the bed and your team still wins.

Edit: just to cut this off in case it happens, please do not quote Steph's playoff averages at me to make him look like he's playing well. Yes, his playoff averages are good. Why? Cause he started the playoffs with three great games against LAC. In the 6 games since, he has averaged 17.5 points per game, on 37.5% from the floor and 29.4% from three. That's trash. No wonder we started hearing about his ankle being injured a few games ago. Weird how that happens for some players, right? Whenever they play badly, they always just happen to come out with an injury after. Curry sucks for 5 games? Oh, he's having trouble with his ankle again. Embiid sucks in game 1 against Toronto? Oh, he's got a flu. Clint Capela performing badly against GSW? Oh, he's got TWO viruses at once! Why can't players just have bad games anymore?
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 05-05-2019 at 01:47 AM.

Thread Information