Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

What the hell was that jump flop thing CPFlop did in game 1 ? If anything the NBA did us all a favor giving us Rockets vs Warriors now instead of West Finals.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-30-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post

LoL at they should be ashamed of themselves.. it’s a 7 games series for a reason! They are playing a top team in the NBA and lost a close game. Some of the over reaction here is ridiculous.
    If you're an NBA team and you shoot anything like 16 for 58, then yeah, you should be ashamed of yourselves. It's not the end of the world, but you're on your home court. Do better. You think anyone on the Raptors was proud of that performance?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If you're an NBA team and you shoot anything like 16 for 58, then yeah, you should be ashamed of yourselves. It's not the end of the world, but you're on your home court. Do better. You think anyone on the Raptors was proud of that performance?
    Sure they need to do better then that. Some of their guys didn’t have great games. Are they ashamed they lost a game against one of the best teams in the NBA? Absolutely not! They lost by 5 points so if anything they are fired up.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-30-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Sure they need to do better then that. Some of their guys didn’t have great games. Are they ashamed they lost a game against one of the best teams in the NBA? Absolutely not! They lost by 5 points so if anything they are fired up.
    The Raptors are one of the best teams in basketball. This season it went Golden State, Milkwaukee, Houston, Toronto. Philly comes after all of them, and also after Denver, Portland, and Boston. And when Oladipo was healthy, Philly was behind Indiana too. For Toronto, with everyone healthy like they are, Philly is not a great team. Philly is a mediocre team, filled with highly talented players who have no idea how to play together, with bad attitudes, no cohesion, a poorly-matched skillset, and a worse coach. If Toronto plays their best basketball, they sweep Philly.

And the Philadelphia team they played wasn't even a good Philadelpha! Philly shot 39% from the floor and 28% from 3. They had 19 turnovers. Ben Simmons spent half the game doing nothing. Joel Embiid is clearly not playing well due to his knees. Reddick shot 25% from three, and for large stretches of the game, Greg Monroe was their best player. Philly was not playing great, and they aren't a great team.

To go out against an incoherent team like Philadelphia, at home, when you have the best player in the series and Philly play that poorly, and to lay a big fat egg is embarrassing. 36% from the field is pathetic. 27% from deep is ridiculous. 5 bench points is unacceptable.

When that happens, you don't go back into the locker room thinking ''heyyyy, some of our guys had rough nights, but Philly are one of the best teams in the NBA so what are ya gonna do?''. No. They go back into the locker room thinking ''we gave that game away. That loss is our fault. They didn't beat us, we let them win.'' You're right, they probably are fired up. Or they better be, at least, because if they're not, they all need to start booking their vacation plans because if they know that if they play that way again, they're going to lose this series, and that's on them and not Philadelphia. So yeah, they should be ashamed of the absolutely pathetic performance they put on in game 2.

Giannis had a bad game one, but he's looking like himself again tonight. He's hit 5/9 threes in this series so far. Surprising, but if he keeps shooting like that then he'll be legitimately unstoppable.

Kyrie having a bad one

Tim Frazier in the game !

You hear that, They are chanting MVP at Frazier

Tatum another bad game.. Could you imagine if this had been Brandon Ingram?! Tatum is struggling but I think with another off season the kid will take his game to another level. One thing I love about him is he works with Kobe in the offseason. Not a better endorsement to have Kobe Bryant praise your work ethic and talent. Definitely not the type of person to waste his time on someone who isn’t 110% locked in at all times in practice.

Jaylen Brown put together another very solid game. I liked this kid coming out of college where I talked about the system his coach ran being arguably the worst possible for his playstyle along with the outdated college spacing as a huge problem for his skill set that at the time was built on athleticism and getting to the hoop. I really think he can be a Derozan type of SG with more strength and an actual 3pt shot. Jrue/Brown/Tatum fits the new era NBA very well. Would love to see these 2 in a Pelicans uni.

Gotta love Kevin Harlan

Oh look Boogey is back on the Warriors bench

What a 1st half!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    L O L

Tatum another bad game.. Could you imagine if this had been Brandon Ingram?! Tatum is struggling but I think with another off season the kid will take his game to another level. One thing I love about him is he works with Kobe in the offseason. Not a better endorsement to have Kobe Bryant praise your work ethic and talent. Definitely not the type of person to waste his time on someone who isn’t 110% locked in at all times in practice.

Jaylen Brown put together another very solid game. I liked this kid coming out of college where I talked about the system his coach ran being arguably the worst possible for his playstyle along with the outdated college spacing as a huge problem for his skill set that at the time was built on athleticism and getting to the hoop. I really think he can be a Derozan type of SG with more strength and an actual 3pt shot. Jrue/Brown/Tatum fits the new era NBA very well. Would love to see these 2 in a Pelicans uni.
    We don't need to imagine if it had been Ingram. Ingram put up plenty of god-awful games this season, and he got criticised for them exactly like people are criticising Tatum now. It's just not good enough.

The one saving grace for Tatum has been his defense. He is looking less and less assertive in these games against Milwaukee. He looked good in the first round, but you have to turn up the intensity when you play a better team, and it looks like he's actually turning his intensity down a little bit which is disappointing. Deferring is good, sure, but you have to strike the balance between deferring and playmaking, and right now he's passing to the wrong people in the wrong situations. He's staying on the floor because his defense has been really, really good and he's making all of the right plays on that end of the floor, but if he keeps this up there will need to be adjustments.

It doesn't help that Brad Stevens is an incredibly bad offensive coach. He's got Kyrie out there averaging 17ppg over their last four games, on 38% from the floor and 28% from three. That's inexcusable.

Tatum doesn't get a free pass now just like Ingram didn't earlier in the season. I'm actually happy with Tatum playing bad. It means maybe we can get Brown in the deal too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Tatum doesn't get a free pass now just like Ingram didn't earlier in the season. I'm actually happy with Tatum playing bad. It means maybe we can get Brown in the deal too.
    Brown contract ends soon which means we will have to throw a load of cash at him. I honestly believe Boston would be ok with it. Don't want Tatum anymore though.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Brown contract ends soon which means we will have to throw a load of cash at him. I honestly believe Boston would be ok with it. Don't want Tatum anymore though.
    I mean Brown's contract ends 1 year sooner than Tatum's. We'd have 2 years of him after we pick up his 5th year option and he'd be a RFA.

That's silly to not want Tatum at all due to a few bad games. The previous playoff series he scored 15, 26, 18, 18 on very good shooting %.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Looking forward to the lottery so that I can stop being depressed watching the Celtics players and realizing I feel strongly that they’re overrated.

Other than the Pels, I’ll be pulling for the Heat and Knicks to do well in the Lottery!

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Looking forward to the lottery so that I can stop being depressed watching the Celtics players and realizing I feel strongly that they’re overrated.

Other than the Pels, I’ll be pulling for the Heat and Knicks to do well in the Lottery!
    Do you think the Heat would give up Zion in a trade for AD?

LoL now Brad Stevens is an incredible bad offensive coach.. jeeze

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He doesn’t get a free pass? I was the only one to even bring up his stats here. Like I said had this been Ingram there would be 5 pages of the same 3 of you going bonkers. I for one will give him a free pass considering he is in only his 2nd year going up against the best team in the NBA. Even the greats have had bad games.

Thread Information