Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Kanter is the Turkish rocky. Dude is playing hurt.
    It’s a good game.Westbrook is making his shots tonight.

Portland going to have to change strategy now that Westbrook is making shots.

This is a good game. I kind of want to see it go one more game so I can see Westbrook get beat up.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

DAME!

That game was unreal

Go fishing YHT

Yeah, but if Jrue was guarding him he would have gone scoreless...maybe even scored buckets on our basket.

Glad to also see Denver brought back Birdman

Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-24-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Yeah, but if Jrue was guarding him he would have gone scoreless...maybe even scored buckets on our basket.
    Ha!

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Portland going to have to change strategy now that Westbrook is making shots.
    The plan when playing Westbrook is always the same. If he makes his first three shots, you start grinning, because if he hits a few, you just KNOW he's gonna keep shooting and 9 times out of 10, he'll revert to his average. Just let him shoot. He will shoot himself out of the game.

Which is what happened. Finished 11 of 31 from the floor. Not good.
    Basketball.

Go Clippers!

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Go Clippers!
    go Lou
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    go Lou
    I don’t know how much he is being paid, but it’s not enough.

Clippers lost to Golden State, so it's Golden State into the next round. Don't think anyone is surprised by that, but they're looking shaky enough that some other teams must be fancying their chances.

On an unrelated note, I saw an OKC Thunder Instagram fanpage proposing a Steven Adams for Jrue Holiday trade not happening, ever.

I don’t know how much he is being paid, but it’s not enough.
    $8m per season. Etwaun Moore money.

One quarter down. So far Kawhi and Siakam are just carving Philadelphia up.

Siakam is special. One minute into the second quarter, he has 19 on 80% shooting. Defending Embiid well too.

Jimmy Butler plays his best defense.

Kawhi puts him in the blender. 76ers don't look ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Jimmy Butler plays his best defense.

Kawhi puts him in the blender. 76ers don't look ready.
    A couple of months we were drooling for him in a trade. Headache avoided!

Leonard and Siakim are so much fun to watch! If Leonard stays I think this duo can do some damage in the East going forward.

Outside of Jrue.. Leonard is my favorite player in the NBA. Best all around player in the NBA wth Giannis who is my other favorite. This 2nd round has some of the best matchups in both conferences I have seen in a long time.

Leonard with 45 points on 16-23 shooting. Not to mention he was being guarded by one of the best wing defenders in the NBA. Guy is incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Leonard with 45 points on 16-23 shooting. Not to mention he was being guarded by one of the best wing defenders in the NBA. Guy is incredible!
    A blowout with zero bench production. Raptors just looked like the flat out better team. Kawhi is clearly the best player on the court. In order for the Sixers to overcome that, they need to have Embiid be the 2nd best, and for one of Simmons/Butler/Harris to be a clear 3rd. Right now, Siakam looks like 2nd best, and Embiid looked terrible. Gasol guarded him like it was 2013 or something.

Embiid: 5 of 18 shooting, 16 points, 8 rebounds. Looked awful most of the game.
    Simmons: 14 points, 3 assists, 4 fouls. There were several possessions where I forgot he was even on the court he was such a non-factor.
    Harris: 14 points, 15 rebounds, 6 assists all looks good, but 6 of 17 shooting, 5 turnovers and 4 fouls. -23 BPM. Not pretty.
    Butler: 10 points on 4 of 12 shooting. Missed all of his threes. -23 BPM also. Kawhi cooked him.

Sixers just looked outmatched, undermanned, undermotivated and intimidated. 4 all-star level players and none of them could do anything. They need to wake up. Play like that for 4 games, get swept.

Thread Information