Pelicans Report

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Never been to either. The reputations would imply he's right though.
    Not even close. If you get a chance, hit Toronto. I find it humorous that Toronto gets lumped in with all of the small-market franchise. It's the fourth largest metro area in North America. It's horribly expensive to live there though.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Not even close. If you get a chance, hit Toronto. I find it humorous that Toronto gets lumped in with all of the small-market franchise. It's the fourth largest metro area in North America. It's horribly expensive to live there though.
    Yeah but didn't he say it was cleaner and nicer than NY? That's nothing to do with the size of the market or city or anything. It's just whether it has better public services.
    Basketball.

Much respect to Giannis for trying to make an impact when he was being locked down pretty well, 20 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 blocks is nice. He was defended very well tonight.

This double OT is crazy

Leonard is ridiculous

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    7th?:

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...h-america.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_population

If the Warriors win tonight would you put an asterisk on KD’s two rings?

There's never not been asterisks

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    There's never not been asterisks
    pfft what's the point of even watching a warrior's game? we all knw the refs will give th what they want if it wasn't for them we would of been up 2-0 last year but hey the refs have to determine the games

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Yeah the asterisks have been there and heavy for a long time. Everybody knows that all rings aren't equal. Bill Russell has 11 rings, but there was nobody in the league at the time, barely any teams, the physical talent was much less impressive, etc etc, so it's less impressive to win 11 rings on a superteam in the 60s than it is to win 6 rings on a superteam in the 90s like Jordan did. Equally, it's more impressive for Dirk to win 1 ring on the Mavs with no other superstars than it is for Durant to win 3, 4, 5, 6 rings on the most stacked team of all time in Golden State that could rack up rings without him ever touching court.

Placed a bet on the Warriors/Blazers series.. Just won $5,000 on a $500 bet that the Warriors would sweep the Blazers!! So pumped!!

Going to be buying an extra pair of season tickets!! Will be giving away a bunch to members of Pelicans Report that would like to go to a game!!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-20-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Placed a bet on the Warriors/Blazers series.. Just won $5,000 on a $500 bet that the Warriors would sweep the Blazers!! So pumped!!

Going to be buying an extra pair of season tickets!! Will be giving away a bunch to members of Pelicans Report that would like to go to a game!!
    Congrats!

This series is exactly why nobody criticizes Steph Curry when he goes through a little shooting slump.. This is the greatest shooter in NBA history who will go down as the best PG in NBA history when it’s all said a done.. He has earned the right to not be ridiculed in the same universe as someone like Westbrook.. Curry is a flat out stud!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Congrats!
    I will be sharing and giving back.. So if you ever want to go to a game shoot me an inbox now and you will be on the list!

By the way I love all here and hold no grudges! Would love to have as many as possible enjoy our team live!

I will be sharing and giving back.. So if you ever want to go to a game shoot me an inbox now and you will be on the list!

By the way I love all here and hold no grudges! Would love to have as many as possible enjoy our team live!
    Guardian is a real one man. Much love brother!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Guardian is a real one man. Much love brother!
    Haha miss you man! Still waiting for you to come to a game with me! I’ll fly you out so when the schedule for next season come out let’s pick a date!

Was this a good game, or just a destruction? I missed watching it because sleep finally caught up with me and I had to actually behave like a reasonable human being for a bit, but if it was one of those games where Golden State just steamrolled then I might not bother watching it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Was this a good game, or just a destruction? I missed watching it because sleep finally caught up with me and I had to actually behave like a reasonable human being for a bit, but if it was one of those games where Golden State just steamrolled then I might not bother watching it back.
    No an incredible game!! The bet I had on it just made it nerve wrecking.. All off the stars came up huge on both teams along with some great performances from role players that looked like stars tonight. Solid games from the bench players for both teams. Ended up in OT with a win at the wire.. Very quality game and won’t give away the winner unless you know already.

Starters
    Curry 37/13/11. 7-16 3pt / 47 mins
    Klay 17/6/2 3-10 3pt / 46 mins
    McKinnie 12pts 5-12 FG / 26 mins
    Green 18/14/11 7-14 FG 3stls / 2blks / 43 mins
    Bell 17pts 3-5 FG / 14 mins
    Bench
    Looney 12pts 5-7 FG / 29 mins
    Livingston 8pts 4-4 FG / 31 mins
    Bogut 4pts 2-3 FG 3rebs / 9 mins
    Cook 4pts 2-5 FG / 13 mins

Starters
    Lillard 28/4/12 4-12 3pt / 43 mins
    CJM 26/2/7 5-9 3pt / 45 mins
    Harkless 5/4/2 2-3 FG / 15 mins
    Aminu 0/1/0 0-2 FG / 11 mins
    Leonard 30/12/3 12-16 FG / 5-9 3pt / 40 mins
    Bench
    Collins 10pts 4-7 FG / 2rebs / 11 mins
    Hood 7/2/2 / 2stls / 40 mins
    Kanter 6pts 3-4 FG / 2 rebs / 12 mins
    Turner 4/7/3 / 31 mins
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-21-2019 at 02:11 AM.

The Franchise

I’m in. We can talk about trading for Beal the whole time. Lol

No an incredible game!! The bet I had on it just made it nerve wrecking.. All off the stars came up huge on both teams along with some great performances from role players that looked like stars tonight. Solid games from the bench players for both teams. Ended up in OT with a win at the wire.. Very quality game and won’t give away the winner unless you know already.
    Yeah, I knew who won because I checked Twitter and the NBA just spoils everything

I'll give it a watch though, if it's that good.

Guardian a big winner. I was thinking more people would congratulate him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Guardian a big winner. I was thinking more people would congratulate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Glad you liked that!

Kawhi is still good at besketball

Thread Information