Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Raptors imploding already? Shout out to Patrick Beverly for getting into Durant ‘s head tonight. Sizers in trouble? Discuss!

I mean, it's one game, so everything so far should be taken with a grain of salt. There's a reason that they do this as a best of 7 series instead of just one-game-wins-all. There's a lot of luck, a lot of variables, and best of 7 is the best compromise between excessively long series and brevity (as a snooker fan, the World Championship regularly features best of 35 frame matches, so best of 7 is really nothing at all).

But yeah, after one game of the series there are a few signs to take note of.

Playoff Kyle Lowry looks to make a return, as he scores literally 0 points in his first game. Kawhi and Siakam both played well, but it's just not happening when Augustin has his best game of the season and Lowry refuses to make a single bucket.

Ben Simmons is obviously still very early in his playoff career, but another mediocre performance tonight. It's kind of unfair that people have stuck a ''playoff Simmons'' joke on him so early, but if he keeps putting in performances like that it will be justified. 9 points on sub 50% shooting, 1 of 5 from the FT line, 4 fouls? Not good.
    Basketball.

Every time I see Derrick White, I am just STUNNED by the size of his forehead. It's like, as tall as the rest of his entire face.

Boogie continuing his season long effort to make the Warriors worse

The Nuggz must have learned their playoff awareness from the Raptors.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Kyle Lowry came to play in the playoffs.
    Biggest choker in the NBA.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Kyle Lowry came to play in the playoffs.
    Biggest choker in the NBA.
    This was one of his better games!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The Nuggz must have learned their playoff awareness from the Raptors.
    Hey, UNO- Can we say D.J. Augustin ?

Boston killed Indiana. Or rather, killed whatever the hell it was that was wearing Pacers uniforms tonight. That was not a basketball team.

OKC lost again. I will say it again and again and again: Russell Westbrook is a regular season player. I'm happy to be wrong if he ever proves me wrong, but so far this year (admittedly only one game!) isn't changing my mind. 0% from deep. 4 turnovers, 4 fouls, -10 +/-. But it's okay though, he got a triple double so that means he was amazing, right?

Paul George continues his (so far) career trend of being underwhelming in the playoffs. 26 points, 10 rebounds, and 4 steals looks good on paper. 4 turnovers with 0 assists, less so. Fouled out. 8-24 from the field and 4-15 from the three point line. Meh.

Still, it's only one game: for all we know, they come out next game and kill Portland.

Damian Lillard looks really good when Jrue Holiday isn't guarding him.

Milwaukee turning Detroit into paste. Just over 2 minutes left in that game, Detroit are down 39 points. Andre Drummond has a -45 +/-. They have scored more than 20 points in only one quarter. Milwaukee has 7 players in double figures. Giannis with 24/17/4 in 23 minutes of play.

Pistons look worse than our tank team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Hey, UNO- Can we say D.J. Augustin ?
    I actually like DJ, and think he has carved out a great career for himself.

Of all the NO locals we have had play for us, I am surprised DJ hasn’t been one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Pistons look worse than our tank team.

To their credit they are without Blake. The fact that the Pistons got creamed like they did is a testament as to how important Blake is to that team...and he will be out until the 2nd round, so this will be a quick 4-0 series.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 04-15-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Cousins down again. Fell like a flat tire again.

Cousins down again. Fell like a flat tire again.
    Disaster avoided. He now can be labeled as injury prone even more so than AD.

There are probably still people out there who think we should have given Cousins a max to keep him. SMH

Wow this game. Love the Clippers intensity.

Warriors could be in trouble now. No Cousins. Durant will get T’ed up eventually in this series.

One of biggest comebacks in NBA history.

One of biggest comebacks in NBA history.
    THE biggest comeback in playoffs history.

Anyone feel sorry for Cousins? The basketball Gods struck him.

Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-16-2019 at 12:56 AM.

Anyone feel sorry for Cousins? The basketball Gods struck him.
    Not really. He's an incredibly unlikable person who already spat on goodwill that was offered to him in order to make a stupid move out of spite. If you do that, you have to own up to the consequences of your actions.

I feel bad for him as an individual, as the injuries obviously must hurt a lot and nobody should have to suffer immense pain. But as a basketball player, a businessman, a sportsman? Nah, no sympathy.

Thread Information