Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Now we have an idea about Davis trade. What about the 1st round picks?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I just don’t see how so many have BolBol ranked so low like 13. He is a 7’2 Center averaging 20 and 10 while shooting 56% FG along with a ridiculous 52% from 3pt as a freshman!! I think once the combine comes around and he adds a little more weight he’s gonna jump up some of these boards beings picked around the range of where our pick is currently. I personally would take him in the top 5 and think he is every bit as good of a prospect as RJ and Ja are. I really hope these mock drafts are right giving us the chance to snag him.
    Top 5? How much have you watched him? Are you not concerned about the other side of the ball? His defense is questionable at best due to very slow feet. He will get killed on switches. He also is still recovering from a pretty significant injury for a big man. I do not see him going top 5 at all.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    There are many enigmas in this draft. Reddish... is anyone confident about him being an impact player or something like Paul George? Also, Bol Bol is another mystery to me. Does he have the lateral quickness to defend in the nba? Can he stay healthy? Is he going to be phenomenal and be more like Kristaps Porzingis? We really don’t know! Ohh and what about Darius Garland? He was injured and only played 5 games but was awesome when he played. He was ranked top pg in country when he was recruited. His quickness and handles are as good as it gets. His shooting and ability to shoot from very far out is evident if you watch him. Could he be a star? I think if he can finish at the basket he’s going to be incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the AD trade. I still want to trade with the Bulls... AD for Lavine and Laurie and their pick would be fantastic. Does 4 and 7 get us 1? Maybe 4 and 7 plus next years 1 top 2 protected? Get Zion, Lavine, and Laurie? A man can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Back to the AD trade. I still want to trade with the Bulls... AD for Lavine and Laurie and their pick would be fantastic. Does 4 and 7 get us 1? Maybe 4 and 7 plus next years 1 top 2 protected? Get Zion, Lavine, and Laurie? A man can dream.
    I would bet 2 and 7 may not get you to 1. Zion is too marketable.

^^^Yeah, Chicago ownership seems highly profit motivated. They'd probably want to keep Zion if they got pick #1, though you never know.

The Knicks would probably trade him. Then toward the end of the lottery, some very long longshots seem most motivated, like the Lakers, Miami, and Philadelphia through Sacramento. Dallas is a possibility. Probably somebody else in between would trade him too, but it's hard to tell who.
    Last edited by Gant-; 04-15-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I would bet 2 and 7 may not get you to 1. Zion is too marketable.
    You could be right. Highest valued #1 pick since AD? Can you imagine if Zion stays one more year to win a title.

Yeah. I don't even think #2 and #4 would land Zion. MAYBE #2 and #3.....maybe.....

...we get to go McDonalds
    2 and 3 won't get you Zion. I'm not sure 2, 3, 4, and 5 get you Zion.

Teams aren’t trading picks for Zion, he’ll be a superstar and cash machine, only way he gets traded is for a stud like ad or someone like him, a top 5 player imo

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Teams aren’t trading picks for Zion, he’ll be a superstar and cash machine, only way he gets traded is for a stud like ad or someone like him, a top 5 player imo
    Agreed. Zion is the only one projected to be a superstar. Only a team looking to win will give him up for AD. Can’t see any of the tanking teams parting with him for anything.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    1. The pelicans should do everything they can to get Zion.

If we can’t land Zion then this is the best realistic outcome:

AD goes to Boston. PELS receive Tatum, Smart and Baynes plus the 14th pick, and Boston’s pick via CLIPPERS plus Boston’s own 2019 pick.

So, 2019th draft we should have 4 first round picks. If possible we should get Coby White, DeAndre Hunter and a big man that can rebound the ball, someone like Bruno Fernando. Those are the players we need to target.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    1. The pelicans should do everything they can to get Zion.

If we can’t land Zion then this is the best realistic outcome:

AD goes to Boston. PELS receive Tatum, Smart and Baynes plus the 14th pick, and Boston’s pick via CLIPPERS plus Boston’s own 2019 pick.

So, 2019th draft we should have 4 first round picks. If possible we should get Coby White, DeAndre Hunter and a big man that can rebound the ball, someone like Bruno Fernando. Those are the players we need to target.

I would think they can do better than that from Boston. At a minimum, they should get -
    Tatum, Smart, 2019 Kings pick, 2020 Memphis pick. I would hope they can also get Brown and Williams and maybe even another future #1.

Everyone who loves Coby White really needs to explain this to me. I see NOTHING transcendent in his game. He looks okay, but there's no universe where I pick him top ten. Can someone please explain the thought process that has him going with our pick at 7 or something?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Everyone who loves Coby White really needs to explain this to me. I see NOTHING transcendent in his game. He looks okay, but there's no universe where I pick him top ten. Can someone please explain the thought process that has him going with our pick at 7 or something?
    Completely agree. He's below average in key areas (finishing, vision, outside shooting, turnovers) average in a few (free throw shooting, size, speed) and didn't show me flashes of any skill that would lead me to believe he'll be anything other than a middling backup. Feel like people are just trying to hype some of these guys up because this is such a shallow class after Zion and maybe Ja depending on how you feel he will translate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Completely agree. He's below average in key areas (finishing, vision, outside shooting, turnovers) average in a few (free throw shooting, size, speed) and didn't show me flashes of any skill that would lead me to believe he'll be anything other than a middling backup. Feel like people are just trying to hype some of these guys up because this is such a shallow class after Zion and maybe Ja depending on how you feel he will translate.
    I get that, and it is a shallow class for sure, but I think there are plenty of players in this draft who look like they'll be at least solid players like Brandon Clarke, even if not stars. Why not hype them up? And then there are a couple of high risk high reward players, like Bol Bol, who have huge upside by serious concerns as well.

It's strange, in those circumstances, to be hyping up players like Coby White who look, to be completely honestly, entirely mediocre. So I assume someone has to be seeing something I don't.

Thread Information