.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 90

Thread: Now we have an idea about Davis trade. What about the 1st round picks?

  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    If he wants to win championships he might. Boston could have those 4 players for the next 4 years. Plus it was said he’d opt out if traded. I’m not saying he will but David west took the min to try and win a title.
    Horford is only 32. He's going to opt in, get paid, and he's still plenty young to ring-chase for less money after cashing his cheque for $30mil.
    Zion ''The Earthquake'' Williamson

  2. #27
    Unstoppable! GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    7,399
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I’d love this. I usually think about getting top 3 pick and grabbing Morant (playing talkathon). Then trading brown and multiple picks for Beal. The late pick from Boston I’d try to trade with Jazz for Favors. I’d even consider Hayward if the Celtics were to try to make a move for Durant ( don’t know how we’d make money work but wishful thinking). A finishing lineup of Jrue, Beal, Tatum, Hayward, and Favors would be pretty dynamic.

    If horford opted out and they did get Durant, Davis, Kyrie, and then resign horford with mid level, that’d be a pretty legit team.
    Yea I would love that lineup! I think Hayward is gonna look like a different player next season and I would feel very good about bringing him in. With his price it would be a gamble but he would be a great 4th option on this team with that lineup. By the time we have to pay Tatum we would be getting rid of Haywards deal. Never really thought about Durant to the Celtics but if they got AD it would absolutely be a serious landing spot for him do to the Kyrie connection. They would have to get creative to make it all work but it can be done. Like I said we need to go after Beal hard!

  3. #28
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kaplan, LA
    Posts
    1,753
    I think Boston trades Brown before Smart. I think Brown has one more year on his contract which he’ll want big money that they won’t be able to afford. Smart, I think fits from the low usage/defensive player and he’s under a good contract for 3 more years.

  4. #29
    Unstoppable! GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    7,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think the Celtics only consider putting Brown on the table WITH Tatum, if NYC get the #1 pick. If the Knicks pick is, say, #3, then the Celtics will know that the Knicks offer is weakened and won't put Brown on the table because they may well think that it's not needed to outbid NY.

    Obviously I could be wrong, I just think that's what's likely.
    Yea but I just don’t see anyway the Celtics back out of a deal for AD because they haven’t include Brown instead of Smart. Getting the 3rd pick in this draft is still very valuable with either Ja or RJ being available with that pick. Everyone seems to think it’s some lock Ja is the clear 2nd pick and that just isn’t the case. RJ is being under rated by many here big time. Tatum and Smart just simply is not enough and no way we make that deal. We’re talking about arguably the best player to be on the trade market in the past 2 decades. Tatum, Brown, and picks is the least we should be taking.

    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I think Boston trades Brown before Smart. I think Brown has one more year on his contract which he’ll want big money that they won’t be able to afford. Smart, I think fits from the low usage/defensive player and he’s under a good contract for 3 more years.
    I don’t know if they would necessarily rather keep Smart over Brown but I agree somewhat that they aren’t going to be hesitant to make the deal because we want Brown instead of Smart. We hold all the cards in this deal not Boston. If it’s just Tatum and Smart then I hang up and go a different route.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-13-2019 at 06:54 PM.

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think the Celtics only consider putting Brown on the table WITH Tatum, if NYC get the #1 pick. If the Knicks pick is, say, #3, then the Celtics will know that the Knicks offer is weakened and won't put Brown on the table because they may well think that it's not needed to outbid NY.
    I had not considered this before. Knicks not getting 1 or 2 does significantly lower their ability to make a top offer, thus lowering the ceiling to compete with for other offers.

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Id love this. I usually think about getting top 3 pick and grabbing Morant (playing talkathon). Then trading brown and multiple picks for Beal. The late pick from Boston Id try to trade with Jazz for Favors. Id even consider Hayward if the Celtics were to try to make a move for Durant ( dont know how wed make money work but wishful thinking). A finishing lineup of Jrue, Beal, Tatum, Hayward, and Favors would be pretty dynamic.

    If horford opted out and they did get Durant, Davis, Kyrie, and then resign horford with mid level, thatd be a pretty legit team.
    Thats funny because i had a lineup with Jrue, Beal, Tatum, and Favors on my last 2K Pels team. We won three championships and they were real fun to play with.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #32
    Unstoppable! GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    7,399
    Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    I had not considered this before. Knicks not getting 1 or 2 does significantly lower their ability to make a top offer, thus lowering the ceiling to compete with for other offers.
    The 2nd and 3rd pick in this draft is pretty much the same just depending on who you prefer. Seems a lot of people here didn’t watch RJ at all but jumped on the wagon of Ja from a some sports center highlights. I like Ja a lot but he’s not in anyway the clear 2nd pick in this draft. I’m willing to bet he’s the 3rd pick. Ja has also had the luxury of playing a 2nd season where I’m sure RJ would look like a different player as well. A 6’7 SG/SF with the ability to handle and distribute like a PG is very valuable. One happens to play defense and the other doesn’t. I would be happy with either but there isn’t much difference between the 2nd and 3rd pick.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    The 2nd and 3rd pick in this draft is pretty much the same just depending on who you prefer. Seems a lot of people here didn’t watch RJ at all but jumped on the wagon of Ja from a some sports center highlights. I like Ja a lot but he’s not in anyway the clear 2nd pick in this draft. I’m willing to bet he’s the 3rd pick. Ja has also had the luxury of playing a 2nd season where I’m sure RJ would look like a different player as well. A 6’7 SG/SF with the ability to handle and distribute like a PG is very valuable. One happens to play defense and the other doesn’t. I would be happy with either but there isn’t much difference between the 2nd and 3rd pick.
    I honestly think that if Ja slips to third, it will be because of which teams get a chance to pick. Personally, I agree that Ja projects badly on defense, but what's really going to stop him from going at #2 is team need.

    Who's going to get the number two pick, and needs a lead guard? Not Atlanta, they just drafted Trae Young, they'll be much more likely to pick RJ. Same thing with Chicago, why would they draft Ja when they have Zach Lavine and Kris Dunn signed up for multiple years? Cleveland aren't likely to want Ja either, they've got Sexton who looked pretty bright for them over the back half of the season. Phoenix might take him because they have Josh Jackson trying to fit into that forward role that RJ would want, but at the same time Jackson has been pretty hit-or-miss and they might want to try out another high prospect with RJ rather than pair Booker (who isn't very good defensively) with another bad defensive guard.

    So Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, and Phoenix all have pretty good reasons not to draft Ja with the #2 pick. Could easily see him drop to #3, or even #4 if a team is massively high on Culver.

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    I had not considered this before. Knicks not getting 1 or 2 does significantly lower their ability to make a top offer, thus lowering the ceiling to compete with for other offers.
    The odds favor the Knicks not getting 1 or 2. They have a 27.4% chance at those spots, a 12.7% chance at 3, and a near 60% chance at 4 or 5- with 47.9% of that being spot 5.

  10. #35
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    The 2nd and 3rd pick in this draft is pretty much the same just depending on who you prefer. Seems a lot of people here didn’t watch RJ at all but jumped on the wagon of Ja from a some sports center highlights. I like Ja a lot but he’s not in anyway the clear 2nd pick in this draft. I’m willing to bet he’s the 3rd pick. Ja has also had the luxury of playing a 2nd season where I’m sure RJ would look like a different player as well. A 6’7 SG/SF with the ability to handle and distribute like a PG is very valuable. One happens to play defense and the other doesn’t. I would be happy with either but there isn’t much difference between the 2nd and 3rd pick.
    So, it seems like a lot of people on this forum didn't watch RJ ? Why, because they don't agree with your assessment?
    It seems to me that you didn't watch a lot of Ja Morant.

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post
    The odds favor the Knicks not getting 1 or 2. They have a 27.4% chance at those spots, a 12.7% chance at 3, and a near 60% chance at 4 or 5- with 47.9% of that being spot 5.
    The way the lottery odds work, you can phrase it however you want to make it sound good or bad.

    You wanna make it sound good? Say that the Knicks have the absolute highest odds to get the #1 pick: nobody has a higher chance than they do.

    You wanna make it sound bad? Just say that the Knicks have the highest odds to get the #1 pick, but that's still not great: they have a much higher chance to fall.

    It's one of those things. Lottery odds are exactly that: just odds. We'll know after the lottery, but until then it's all just throwing guessing into the air.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The way the lottery odds work, you can phrase it however you want to make it sound good or bad.

    You wanna make it sound good? Say that the Knicks have the absolute highest odds to get the #1 pick: nobody has a higher chance than they do.

    You wanna make it sound bad? Just say that the Knicks have the highest odds to get the #1 pick, but that's still not great: they have a much higher chance to fall.

    It's one of those things. Lottery odds are exactly that: just odds. We'll know after the lottery, but until then it's all just throwing guessing into the air.
    They are in a 3 way tie for the "absolute highest odds to get the #1 pick."

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post
    They are in a 3 way tie for the "absolute highest odds to get the #1 pick."
    So? They still have the highest odds, bar none, to get the #1 pick. Does anyone have higher odds? No. Some have the same odds, but none higher. So, if you were trying to make it sound good (which was exactly my point), then that's a true thing to say.

    The fact that there's a tie here is a distinction without a difference.

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    So? They still have the highest odds, bar none, to get the #1 pick. Does anyone have higher odds? No. Some have the same odds, but none higher. So, if you were trying to make it sound good (which was exactly my point), then that's a true thing to say.

    The fact that there's a tie here is a distinction without a difference.
    Is there a disagreement somewhere that I missed?

  15. #40
    Unstoppable! GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    7,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    So, it seems like a lot of people on this forum didn't watch RJ ? Why, because they don't agree with your assessment?
    It seems to me that you didn't watch a lot of Ja Morant.
    No because like you acting as if Ja is some clear better prospect making him the guaranteed pick.. Pelicandae broke it down perfectly. They are pretty even prospects and the teams picking will go more with a need unless they have one as a clear favorite. I didn’t watch Ja because I don’t think he is some prospect far better then RJ? LoL how many games did you watch of him? Since they were barely on TV and was on nobody’s radar until the season progressed. Im sure you have been following him since he was on Zions AAU team my bad..

  16. #41
    Unstoppable! GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    7,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I honestly think that if Ja slips to third, it will be because of which teams get a chance to pick. Personally, I agree that Ja projects badly on defense, but what's really going to stop him from going at #2 is team need.

    Who's going to get the number two pick, and needs a lead guard? Not Atlanta, they just drafted Trae Young, they'll be much more likely to pick RJ. Same thing with Chicago, why would they draft Ja when they have Zach Lavine and Kris Dunn signed up for multiple years? Cleveland aren't likely to want Ja either, they've got Sexton who looked pretty bright for them over the back half of the season. Phoenix might take him because they have Josh Jackson trying to fit into that forward role that RJ would want, but at the same time Jackson has been pretty hit-or-miss and they might want to try out another high prospect with RJ rather than pair Booker (who isn't very good defensively) with another bad defensive guard.

    So Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, and Phoenix all have pretty good reasons not to draft Ja with the #2 pick. Could easily see him drop to #3, or even #4 if a team is massively high on Culver.
    Haha this is what I was thinking but you put it into words better! I think it comes down to what team will be picking 2nd like you said. Didn’t realize that many teams don’t really have a need for him. Only one I could see really taking him is the Suns or Knicks when looking at who will be picking near the top. I prefer RJ personally but would be happy with either one. Ja might be the better fit for us since a lot of the trades we will be looking at seem to include a young SF. The 1st pick is obviously on another level but picks 2-3 are a toss up and even 4 like you said with Culver. Going to be interesting!

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Haha this is what I was thinking but you put it into words better! I think it comes down to what team will be picking 2nd like you said. Didn’t realize that many teams don’t really have a need for him. Only one I could see really taking him is the Suns or Knicks when looking at who will be picking near the top. I prefer RJ personally but would be happy with either one. Ja might be the better fit for us since a lot of the trades we will be looking at seem to include a young SF. The 1st pick is obviously on another level but picks 2-3 are a toss up and even 4 like you said with Culver. Going to be interesting!
    The step down after Zion is pretty huge, to be honest. Ja has a lot of talents, but he can't shoot and he doesn't project well defensively. RJ is a hit-and-miss shooter and is a high usage player who plays best with the ball in his hands, even though he does play a little D. I could even make a case for drafting Culver at #2 instead of RJ or Ja, depending on the team.

    The aim MUST be trying for Zion. If that fails, #2 or even #3 may be worth considering, but the main options on the board need to be Zion or Tatum. That's where it has to start.

  18. #43
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    No because like you acting as if Ja is some clear better prospect making him the guaranteed pick.. Pelicandae broke it down perfectly. They are pretty even prospects and the teams picking will go more with a need unless they have one as a clear favorite. I didn’t watch Ja because I don’t think he is some prospect far better then RJ? LoL how many games did you watch of him? Since they were barely on TV and was on nobody’s radar until the season progressed. Im sure you have been following him since he was on Zions AAU team my bad..
    Guy, you should chill a bit.
    I'm not acting like that at all.
    I am expressing an opinion that states that I like Morant more than Barrett.
    I disagree with your opinion. I never said your opinion was wrong.
    YOU are the one that insinuates that if someone likes Morant more than Barrett then they must not watch enough film.
    I get that it's your typical "Blame someone for what you do" schtick, but give it a break.
    You live for confrontation & I just don't get it.
    I figured you were wise enough to realize that my comment was "Exactly" what your comment was, reversing player roles.
    And you don't even see it. SAD.

  19. #44
    Unstoppable! GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    7,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Guy, you should chill a bit.
    I'm not acting like that at all.
    I am expressing an opinion that states that I like Morant more than Barrett.
    I disagree with your opinion. I never said your opinion was wrong.
    YOU are the one that insinuates that if someone likes Morant more than Barrett then they must not watch enough film.
    I get that it's your typical "Blame someone for what you do" schtick, but give it a break.
    You live for confrontation & I just don't get it.
    I figured you were wise enough to realize that my comment was "Exactly" what your comment was, reversing player roles.
    And you don't even see it. SAD.
    Chill a bit? I live for confrontation yet you came at me.. makes sense.. Lol you sure like playing the victim..

  20. #45
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Haha this is what I was thinking but you put it into words better! I think it comes down to what team will be picking 2nd like you said. Didn’t realize that many teams don’t really have a need for him. Only one I could see really taking him is the Suns or Knicks when looking at who will be picking near the top. I prefer RJ personally but would be happy with either one. Ja might be the better fit for us since a lot of the trades we will be looking at seem to include a young SF. The 1st pick is obviously on another level but picks 2-3 are a toss up and even 4 like you said with Culver. Going to be interesting!
    Morant shot 36.3% . That's not good enough for 24-10-6 PG ? Wow.

  21. #46
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Chill a bit? I live for confrontation yet you came at me.. makes sense.. Lol you sure like playing the victim..
    Nice try. I addressed your comment that stated that if people like Morant more than Barrett then they haven't watching enough film.
    You like playing the victim.
    You demean everyone that doesn't like Barrett over Morant, I address the comment & its "coming at you". Wow, that's weak.

  22. #47
    Unstoppable! GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    7,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Morant shot 36.3% . That's not good enough for 24-10-6 PG ? Wow.
    What? You are making no sense now..

  23. #48
    Unstoppable! GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    7,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Nice try. I addressed your comment that stated that if people like Morant more than Barrett then they haven't watching enough film.
    You like playing the victim.
    You demean everyone that doesn't like Barrett over Morant, I address the comment & its "coming at you". Wow, that's weak.
    I demean everyone that doesn’t like RJ over Ja? No I simply stated that Ja isn’t on some level above RJ and they are equal prospects. Go on another rambling tirade and argue with yourself.. making less and less sense as you go..

  24. #49
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    What? You are making no sense now..
    I was talking to dae. He stated that Morant can't shoot.
    So, I simply asked him a question. Nothing confrontational for most us. Just a question. Whew

  25. #50
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I demean everyone that doesn’t like RJ over Ja? No I simply stated that Ja isn’t on some level above RJ and they are equal prospects. Go on another rambling tirade and argue with yourself.. making less and less sense as you go..
    That is part of what you said. You also said that it's obvious that people on this forum that like Ja over RJ do not watch enough film.
    C'mon dude, your getting a bit insincere .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •