Thread: David Griffin: President of Basketball Operations

Quote Originally Posted by demiurg View Post
    What a nonsense.
    Thank you for your contribution.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Thank you for your contribution.
    Dae, Tyler Herro--- Check him out. Big, athletic & can really really shoot. NBA ready.

It has been a day.

Have we signed anyone yet?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It has been a day.

Yes- league minimum - Julian Wright & Hilton Armstrong.
    We be rollin !

Still pretty mad we missed out on the crown jewel of this executive class: Jeff Bower.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Yes- league minimum - Julian Wright & Hilton Armstrong.
    We be rollin !
    Where'd you see this? I somehow missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Under the radar moves. These two studs were said to be in high demand !

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So - IF you HAD to choose.--->.Julian Wright & Armstrong filling 2 roster spots OR. Jeff Bower being in your building ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Still pretty mad we missed out on the crown jewel of this executive class: Jeff Bower.
    Alan Bristow , Paul Mott , Chad Shinn are still available.

It has been a day.

Mike James, Bonzi Wells

PM me when we get Dan Dickau.

PM me when we get Dan Dickau.
    Uh, Jeff Bower wants to send us Jimmer !

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I heard we were looking at Lee Nailon. Big time impact player.

If we were a bandwagon team and had young fans....they'd all be like......wat.

Bowers and Jimmertime a perfect match in PHX

Great hire!! LoL yea Griffin is going to jeopardize one of the biggest trades in NBA history to please Lebron.. give me a break!!

If we bring in Langdon we hit a grand slam!! Love this hire!!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Holiday not going anywhere

Great news!! This was my main worry with a new guy coming in and wanting to make to many changes. Jrue needs to stay at least through next season before we even consider listening to offers. Not easy to find players like Jrue.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Great news!! This was my main worry with a new guy coming in and wanting to make to many changes. Jrue needs to stay at least through next season before we even consider listening to offers. Not easy to find players like Jrue.
    Absolutely! If we can manage to be relatively competitive next year with a bunch of young guys that have room for growth he will be more likely to stick around as well.

I'm just really looking forward to a full season of Alpha Jrue as the leader of this team.

I feel good about him turning down NY and Philadelphia, too. I've been optimistic but sometimes the overall mood gets to you. Seeing someone who is picky about where he goes choose us pretty inflating.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

This is really good to see. ESPECIALLY in regards to scouting. Elite scouting is never a bad thing.
    The question is why wait until now to bolster the scouting department? Demps did a pretty good job in that department but I'm sure he would have liked some help.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Will be interesting to hear his views on the future. I hope he at least tries some sort of rebuild with young talent and does not try to go the veteran route to try to compete too soon.
    This team has never gone the "veteran" route. They did try to win with young talent, unless you are talking about the Suns strategy . At some point you need to mix your talent, which is what the 76ers eventually did.

Demps put together good young rosters that weren't "rag tag". If this franchise cant fix the injury problems, then the new GM wont be any better.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The question is why wait until now to bolster the scouting department? Demps did a pretty good job in that department but I'm sure he would have liked some help.
    Demos did a good job of making end-of-the-rail picks, and grabbing people off the scrap heap. His first round drafting history was actually pretty poor, on the few occasions we had our pick.

Buddy Hield at #6 in 2016 was a good choice
    Nerlens Noel at #6 in 2013 meant letting CJ McCollum, Giannis, and Rudy Gobert go later. Obviously that was traded though.
    Austin Rivers at #10 in 2012. Was a weak draft but could have been Draymond Green, Jae Crowder, Khris Middleton.
    Cole Aldrich at #11 in the 2010 draft. Could have been Avery Bradley, Eric Bledsoe, Hassan Whiteside.

Could definitely do with a better scouring department. Obviously some of this is just luck, nobody ever expected Whiteside to be that good for example (although he's declining already, it seems) but some are just bad picks.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I'm just really looking forward to a full season of Alpha Jrue as the leader of this team.
    Yea I can’t wait! Couldn’t have a better leader for our young guys to come in and learn how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    This team has never gone the "veteran" route. They did try to win with young talent, unless you are talking about the Suns strategy . At some point you need to mix your talent, which is what the 76ers eventually did.

Demps put together good young rosters that weren't "rag tag". If this franchise cant fix the injury problems, then the new GM wont be any better.
    I remember my favoure Dell Demos "good young roster", it had Norris Cole, Omer Asik, Luke Babbitt, Dante Cunningham and Toney Douglas on it.

Thread Information