Pelicans Report

Thread: Ferry pulls name out of GM hunt

Breaking News Ferry pulls name out of GM hunt

mad he didn't get the job right away?

Said it wasn't the right time to move his family to NOLA. Where does he live now? Twitterverse joking he is going to L.A. lol
    Last edited by SmontySwilliams; 04-12-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Said timing not right for him and his family to move full-time to NOLA. Seems he would have known that before applying for the full-time job. I am guessing management did not want to meet his demands.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Said timing not right for him and his family to move full-time to NOLA. Seems he would have known that before applying for the full-time job. I am guessing management did not want to meet his demands.
    I think you're right.

So if Ferry doesn’t take a DM/POBO role, do you think we hire him as a consultant again?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    It is normal for college coaches to withdraw their names once they learn they aren't being considered anymore. I'm sure this was the same situation. It allows him to save face.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAUX UL View Post
    It is normal for college coaches to withdraw their names once they learn they aren't being considered anymore. I'm sure this was the same situation. It allows him to save face.
    This is what I thought too. Ferry did right by the organization so they wanted him to be able to save face and not look bad.

Ferry’s family is all in Atlanta. He himself only worked in New Orleans a few days a week.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I don't think there is any sour grapes from what I've read. Seems like he was genuinely interested and when it came down to taking the job he realized he couldn't fully commit. (or something in his life changed)

Classy moves all around.

Thread Information