Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NBA Coach Firings Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Wasn’t Davis the one that wanted Monty fired? Wait till he finds out who his HC is when he arrives in LA
    Monty was fired because he’s an awful coach and his coaching record represents that.

He’s a great person with amazing character who has had some tragedies in his life but still an awful, awful head coach.

Good assistant to have though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This is insane!
    https://www.si.com/nba/2019/04/25/lo...ritical-emails

This is an article that supports that claim as well.

Lakers are just absolutely horrible. Jesus Christ.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    They're an easy team to laugh at right now, but they're going to finish with a better record than most of the teams whose fans are laughing at them. The Lakers have cap space, Lebron, some decent young players, and a lottery pick.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    They're an easy team to laugh at right now, but they're going to finish with a better record than most of the teams whose fans are laughing at them. The Lakers have cap space, Lebron, some decent young players, and a lottery pick.
    They're an easy team to laugh at, so we're going to laugh at them. Maybe in 12 months they're not easy to laugh at anymore, and then we won't. The fact that they might be good in a year isn't going to retroactively fix all the stupid stuff they're doing right now. I don't plan my mockery out a year in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    They're an easy team to laugh at, so we're going to laugh at them. Maybe in 12 months they're not easy to laugh at anymore, and then we won't. The fact that they might be good in a year isn't going to retroactively fix all the stupid stuff they're doing right now. I don't plan my mockery out a year in advance.
    Edit: also, they've been awful for like 5 years now, so it's not really a 'right now' thing either. It's been about half a decade since they were worth spit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Edit: also, they've been awful for like 5 years now, so it's not really a 'right now' thing either. It's been about the health benefits of standing desk chairs and half a decade since they were worth spit.
    Not sure what to think about Sarunas Jasikevicius. Do you think he'd be a good match for the Grizzlies?
    Last edited by CyrusM; 01-23-2024 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyrusM View Post
    Not sure what to think about Sarunas Jasikevicius. Do you think he'd be a good match for the Grizzlies?

People seemed to like Ettitore Messina . So it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yea I can’t see the Lakers hiring anybody except for Lue. Only person I think has a real shot would be Mark Jackson and that would be terrible. Lue gives them an in house coach which they love to keep things in the family. He knows how to run a system with Lebron and win. I wouldn’t say it’s the best move but it’s the right move.

I'm happy for Monty. I hope he does really well in Phoenix. He deserved another shot as a coach, and hopefully he can get them to the next level.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He needs a training staff.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think this is a great fit for Monty. Very happy to see him land in such a good spot. Hopefully he has redesigned his offense and will bring in a top offensive assistant to help. Only way for the Suns is up.

Monty+Bowers together!

Trade AD to the Bulls so he can be coached by this guy for a year

https://deadspin.com/bulls-give-anot...s-e-1834512959

Thread Information