Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NBA Coach Firings Thread

NBA Coach Firings Thread

We need to get a move on it if we are canning Gentry

Walton still employed with Lakers. Could this mean they maybe moving on from Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Walton still employed with Lakers. Could this mean they maybe moving on from Lebron?

Not following that logic. Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Not following that logic. Please explain.

Lebron wanted Mark Jackson(Also represented by Kluth)to coach the Lakers. You have not been following along.

No one could have done a better job in Sacramento this year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I thought the Kings were moving in the right direction. This really depicts how dysfunctional the Kings are.

But 29 other teams are better than NOLA, right AD?

Lebron wanted Mark Jackson(Also represented by Kluth)to coach the Lakers. You have not been following along.
    I see you, are proposing that Lebron is the odd man out because Luke hasn't been fired yet. They could just be waiting for the Magic dust to settle to can Luke.

I see you, are proposing that Lebron is the odd man out because Luke hasn't been fired yet. They could just be waiting for the Magic dust to settle to can Luke.
    Or the Kings can hire him. Keep in mind if he is still under contract the Lakers could ask for something in return. Similar to Doc Rivers going to the Clippers.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-11-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Bickerstaff out at Memphis

We need to move fast...it's about changing the narrative. We have a good core of young players. Or at least players I am willing to support. Plus Jrue. Plus Elfrid. Plus Julius. Time for some fresh new and bold leadership. Otherwise, be prepared for an empty arena all season long. We aren't big enough market to afford multiple tank seasons. We just aren't.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    We need to move fast...it's about changing the narrative. We have a good core of young players. Or at least players I am willing to support. Plus Jrue. Plus Elfrid. Plus Julius. Time for some fresh new and bold leadership. Otherwise, be prepared for an empty arena all season long. We aren't big enough market to afford multiple tank seasons. We just aren't.
    Fortunately the Pelicans won't have to do that. As you say, the team has a workable core as it is. Then add the haul from the upcoming AD trade and they should have a competitive and young group going forward, possibly with an extra future draft pick too.

Not sure why we need to move fast. It is better to get it right than move fast. It could even be better to wait until the lottery to see if it opens up any more interested GM candidates (unless we are sold on one already).

I agree we don't need to move fast and there is something to be said about waiting to see how the lottery pans out. When is that btw?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we hired multiple people we interviewed. Ferry or Griffin POBO and Langdon or Rosas GM maybe? Do any of those combinations have a history together? I have a feeling Mrs. B wants an all around stronger management group not just one guy.

I agree we don't need to move fast and there is something to be said about waiting to see how the lottery pans out. When is that btw?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we hired multiple people we interviewed. Ferry or Griffin POBO and Langdon or Rosas GM maybe? Do any of those combinations have a history together? I have a feeling Mrs. B wants an all around stronger management group not just one guy.
    LOL . Let’s wait till after the lottery. Are we that bad?

Speaking of Monty , Kings are very interested in speaking to him.

The ONLY way we don't need to move fast is if we're keeping Gentry. If we are not keeping Gentry or we want to let the new GM decide, time is definitely a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The ONLY way we don't need to move fast is if we're keeping Gentry. If we are not keeping Gentry or we want to let the new GM decide, time is definitely a factor.
    Agree. For the record Gentry said he is returning.

LOL . Let’s wait till after the lottery. Are we that bad?
    No you're right. I guess I could see a scenario with the Knicks getting the first pick making us more attractive to someone on the fence. Ultimately, your right though, there is enough happening here to make any GM's mouth water with the wheeling and dealing to come coupled with the players on the roster already.
    Last edited by SmontySwilliams; 04-12-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Thread Information