Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AD Change of Heart? No Thanks AD!

AD Change of Heart? No Thanks AD!

I think the time has passed. Bridges have been burned. Move on AD.....move on.

"Davis meanwhile gave little away about his plans for the future, even raising the unlikely possibility that he may yet remain in New Orleans next season.
    "I'm under contract still," Davis said. "I have a year left. Obviously it's a possibility it could happen. I don't have ill will towards anybody. I know that it's a possibility that next year I could be here as well. So I can't be mad if I'm here next year."

Davis said he was waiting to see who the Pelicans chose as general manager following the firing of Dell Demps in February.
    "Seeing what happens," Davis said. "Seeing who the Pelicans make their GM and having a conversation with that person about the future."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/davis-u...8562--nba.html

''I know that it's a possibility that next year I could be here as well''

Not if we hire a GM who's still got control over higher brain function.

What ''conversation [with the new GM] about the future'' does AD think he gets? Like, he gets a chance to go to the new GM and make a NEW series of demands or something? Nope. Not happening. Whatever decision is made, should be made with absolutely zero input from AD. We don't care where he wants to go, we don't care about preferred destinations, we don't care about market size for Rich Paul, etc etc. There should be no conversation. He put it best: ''that's all folks''. There's no post-credit sequence.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    ''I know that it's a possibility that next year I could be here as well''

Not if we hire a GM who's still got control over higher brain function.

What ''conversation [with the new GM] about the future'' does AD think he gets? Like, he gets a chance to go to the new GM and make a NEW series of demands or something? Nope. Not happening. Whatever decision is made, should be made with absolutely zero input from AD. We don't care where he wants to go, we don't care about preferred destinations, we don't care about market size for Rich Paul, etc etc. There should be no conversation. He put it best: ''that's all folks''. There's no post-credit sequence.

I agree 100%!! When I read the article I chuckled to myself and then thought what is wrong with this guy? Does he have a screw loose? Is his agent trying to backpedal since everything (Lakers trade) crashed and burned?

This makes no sense at all especially since he made his intentions known.

NO AD! NOT TODAY! NOT TOMORROW! As he said..."That's All Folks!"

I think he is just saying that he is under contract and the Pelicans could chose to keep him for another year if they want. I don't think there is any change of heart.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    And to be honest I don't think we should care if he has a change of heart. We should only be thinking of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think he is just saying that he is under contract and the Pelicans could chose to keep him for another year if they want. I don't think there is any change of heart.
    I don't think he's changed heart either. I just think his comments smack of a level of entitlement he's done nothing to earn. He burned all the goodwill he had.

Wow. Just wow!

Of course AD would say something like that. He doesn't want anyone mad at him so he will lie to your face to make you think he's nice.

At this point I almost think he's a borderline sociopath with his constant lying directly to people and thinking he is getting away with it.

AD: I'm a grown man, time to be a grown man, I'm the CEO of my own business, I'm running my life for me, I'm in charge, doing what's right for me and my career, I'm a grown up.

Also AD: I don't dress myself.

I can’t stand him anymore but say we win the lottery and get Zion along with a GM he and his agent like.. AD just might look at that $ and how good this team could be where he possibly reconsiders. I think I would accept his apology but that would only be if we won the lottery. I wouldn’t let my emotions get in the way of what could potentially help this team win a championship. Having AD resign is definitely not my first choice but would be kind of foolish to not leave that window open if it was no doubt the best option. Never know how much his relationship with Dell could have played into his decision to ask for a trade.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    He's a straight up punk. Period. Im glad he's leaving, this reminds me of Durant when he tried out the tough guy act. So cringe worthy and fake.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

If he signs a contract extension before the season starts I may be convinced to love him, again. But that won't ever happen and NO WAY do I trust him to sign next offseason here. So he gone.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    If he signs a contract extension before the season starts I may be convinced to love him, again. But that won't ever happen and NO WAY do I trust him to sign next offseason here. So he gone.
    Honestly, even if he did sign an extension, I'd probably still trade him. His value would he even higher because there'd be no threat of him walking for years.

Honestly, even if he did sign an extension, I'd probably still trade him. His value would he even higher because there'd be no threat of him walking for years.
    This would be spectacular! Plus you would get max offers from every team for him.

Can't be traded for a year if he signs the supermax extension. I might still do it even if it meant keeping him on the team another year, but I'd 100% still want to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Can't be traded for a year if he signs the supermax extension. I might still do it even if it meant keeping him on the team another year, but I'd 100% still want to trade him.
    He can do a Kawhi Leonard and sit a year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I think it would still be worth it to sign him and trade him next year if he actually was up for the $$$ (unless we get a great offer and intentionally don't sign him). Even if everyone is ready to move on, it's the better choice IMO.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Is next year's draft supposed to be loaded? What would be the advantage to signing him then trading him next year?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Is next year's draft supposed to be loaded? What would be the advantage to signing him then trading him next year?
    Primarily because his value would be much higher as a team wouldn't have to worry about him leaving after a year. He'd be locked into a longer contract.

The Franchise
    Y’all are crazy. If Davis decides to stay (signing extension) you have to do it. This guy is an awesome talent. Now I think he lost all say in matters like what free agents signings and such. He is right about possibly being on the team next year. If teams try to lowball us then I can see him not being traded until the deadline next year.

If Anthony wish to stay, by any means the organization should make it happen. If we draft a small forward (Cameron Reddish), reclaim Rajon Rondo, acquire Robin Lopez or JaVale McGee and make a strong offer for Malcolm Brogdon that the Bucks would not match (I expect that they will want to re-sign Khris Middleton) the Pelicans could be a top two, three or four team in the west next year. Easily, if Kelvin Durant leaves the Warriors for New York.

Rondo/Brogdon/Jackson
    Holiday/Moore/Miller
    Davis/Randle/Diallo
    Cameron Reddish(draft)/Williams/Johnson/Hill
    Lopez/Okafor

Quote Originally Posted by mrsaints View Post
    If Anthony wish to stay, by any means the organization should make it happen. If we draft a small forward (Cameron Reddish), reclaim Rajon Rondo, acquire Robin Lopez or JaVale McGee and make a strong offer for Malcolm Brogdon that the Bucks would not match (I expect that they will want to re-sign Khris Middleton) the Pelicans could be a top two, three or four team in the west next year. Easily, if Kelvin Durant leaves the Warriors for New York.

Rondo/Brogdon/Jackson
    Holiday/Moore/Miller
    Davis/Randle/Diallo
    Cameron Reddish(draft)/Williams/Johnson/Hill
    Lopez/Okafor
    So, how would we pay Randle, Miller, Rondo, Brogdon, and Lopez?

Only road back for AD is a max deal, apology, and convincing another top free agent to come here. Oh yeah... and winning.

I am ready for him to go tough. Pelicanidae has a great point, he could pull a Kahwi.

Yeah i want him off the team asap.

AD: I'm a grown man, time to be a grown man, I'm the CEO of my own business, I'm running my life for me, I'm in charge, doing what's right for me and my career, I'm a grown up.

Also AD: I don't dress myself.
    This forum needs a "thumbs up" feature.

Thread Information