Pelicans Report

Thread: Future Retired Numbers.

Future Retired Numbers.

Eventually this franchise will retire some numbers...

Give your thoughts on players such as David West, Chris Paul and Anthony Davis potentially having their numbers retired.

I know alot of those players cause strong emotions but time will pass and they are apart of the team's history.

No. No. And no!
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Chris Paul maybe only if he comes back to finish career here like Wade did in Miami.

David West tried to claim money from BP oil spill. So no on him.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-10-2019 at 01:23 PM.

That is hilarious that DX tried to claim BP money. The owner could (and should claim BP money), but the players were going to make money if 1 person or 1 million people came to the game. The owner shouldered all the risk.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

CP should absolutely have his number retired

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    CP should absolutely have his number retired
    If CP3 gets his jersey retired, AD must. Every record CP3 doesn't hold, AD does. AD played more games than CP3 did, gave our franchise it's first playoff sweep.
    Basketball.

I think Chris Paul's number 3 will be retired...and David West's number 30

As for AD, I don't see it..or if it does happen, it'll be 25 to 30 years from now.

There is no argument for CP3 having his number retired that couldn't be made for AD. Hence, neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    There is no argument for CP3 having his number retired that couldn't be made for AD. Hence, neither.
    Would be crushing for our team, such a young franchise, to have already had two separate players who are very arguably top 5 all time at their respective positions, and we can't retire either jersey because we suck so bad they both left in horrific fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Would be crushing for our team, such a young franchise, to have already had two separate players who are very arguably top 5 all time at their respective positions, and we can't retire either jersey because we suck so bad they both left in horrific fashion.
    They already left, not retiring their jerseys isn't going to make it any worse.

I did some research and I learned and almost forgot Chris Paul was trying to get team moved to OKC. I don’t know if you remember those days? Maybe was confused too?

Update, Nope. He was not confused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfV6i4aTka8
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-14-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Thread Information