Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: April 9th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State Warriors - 33-48

Pelicans April 9th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State Warriors - 33-48

Writing 33 in today's title pained me.

This is it everyone: the last game of the season. We're back at home in the SKC, taking on the Golden State Warriors. Demarcus Cousins will play. Good for him. I don't care.

Regardless of the fact that winning against Sacramento ruined our draft pick, we still want to lose tonight. We can still salvage our pick a little bit. Here's how.

Tonight we play VS Golden State. If we lose, our record will be 33-49 to finish the season.
    The Wizards play Boston, who are sitting literally everyone. Everyone's sat. If Washington win, they will also finish the season with a 33-49 record.

Memphis play against Detroit. If they beat Detroit, they will move to 33-48 on the season with a single game remaining: this game will be against Golden State, so we can assume a loss. Therefore, we want them to beat Detroit tonight.

Dallas play tonight against the Phoenix Suns: if they win, they will move to 33-48 on the season as well, with a single game remaining: this game will be against San Antonio, which they'll probably lose.

If all of this falls in this pattern, the season finishes with records like this:

New Orleans Pelicans: 33-49
    Memphis Grizzlies: 33-49
    Washington Wizards 33-49
    Dallas Mavericks: 33-49.

Look at that for a tie, Jesus Christ.

Anyway, back to this game in particular: It's against Golden State. Golden State are locked into the number 1 seed, so they'll probably take this game pretty easily. Iguodala and Bogut are out, but they're still intending on playing all their All-Stars, probably hoping to play them all maybe 25 minutes to secure a blowout and then sit them in the fourth. I'd like that.

AD is listed as probable for tonight. I don't want him to play, especially after the nonsense he pulled wearing that ''that's all folks'' shirt today, but I know that some fans want him on the court for a final loss: in a way, that would be a fitting end to his era in New Orleans, so while I disagree, I'd get it. At the end of the day, all I care about is that we lose.

There will be no Jrue, no Moore, no Stanley Johnson, no Miller, and no Jackson. Randle is available to play just like he was last game, but hopefully he won't get any minutes. If Golden State play their guys, even in a cursory effort, they should be able to hand us this vital loss.

Okays, let's go and #DoItBig, one last time.
    Basketball.

April 9th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State Warriors - 33-48

AD wearing a “ Thats all folks “ shirt walking into the arena . Never thought I would see this from him .
    http://bleacherreport.com/post/trend...8-4c2ae05aacf5
    Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 04-09-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    AD wearing a “ Thats all folks “ shirt walking into the arena . Never thought I would see this from him .
    http://bleacherreport.com/post/trend...8-4c2ae05aacf5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's been a petulant child since the trade request. It's like someone dared him to destroy his reputation in New Orleans as thoroughly as possible, and he's doing his damn best.

He's gone beyond Eric Gordon for most disliked

And it's confirmed. AD played his last game as a New Orleans Pelican on the 24th of March, 2019. He posted a statline of 12 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 1 block in 20 minutes.

He played a grand total of 466 games for New Orleans. Averaged 23.7 points, 10.5 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.4 steals, and 2.6 blocks per game for us.

He finishes

#2 in all time games played
    #2 in all time minutes played
    #1 in offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds, and rebounds total
    #2 in steals and steals per game
    #1 in blocks and blocks per game
    #1 in points and points per game
    #1 in PER
    #3 in Offensive Rating
    #4 in Defensive Rating
    #1 in Defensive Win Shares
    #2 in Offensive Win Shares
    #2 in Total Win Shares
    #2 in VORP.

And somehow, he's made us all hate him. Amazing.

Rumor has it they may play a tribute video of AD. Play tell me this is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Rumor has it they may play a tribute video of AD. Play tell me this is a joke.
    Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me.

Memphis up 19 on Detroit after the first half. That's good.
    Washington up 3 on Celtics with 2 minutes to go in the first half. That's good.

Wait we finally shut down Randle?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Wait we finally shut down Randle?
    He didn't play last game.He's not on the injury report tonight, but I wouldn't be surprised he if didn't play tonight either.

Hope Jahlil smokes Cousins. Boogie has never been a strong defender and the GS defense has been considerably worse when Cousins has been on the floor.

Given the players on the court, I have a feeling there will be a lot of boos tonight.

Booing every single time Cousins touches the ball. Beautiful.

Cousins is 0-3 from the floor and has 2 turnovers.

Classic Boogie.

Both teams combined for 5-for-26 shooting so far

Wooooow

Ian Clark begins the game 0-5

That's the Clark we know.

Thank god this season is finally over!

I watched every single game of AD's career up until the trade request.

After the way all of this has been handled, you now know why he will never be the go to guy on a winning team.

Not a leader of men.

End of the first quarter, we are up 19-18.

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Thank god this season is finally over!

I watched every single game of AD's career up until the trade request.

After the way all of this has been handled, you now know why he will never be the go to guy on a winning team.

Not a leader of men.
    Same here. I followed the team more closely until that request. Since then I have watched only if there was a re-run of a tv show that I didn’t care to watch. He really zapped the hell out of the enjoyment of watching this young team.

He is a Beta. He will be nothing more than a Beta. He is a Beta, but not on KD’s level of Beta...he is lower.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I can’t really hate the shirt. Sometimes you gotta just laugh. Please don’t win this Gentry. I already want to fire you into the sun.

Jrue on the commentary with Joel and David, saying how much he loves Kenrich's defense and hustle.

Joel: ''Your wife, she played at the elite, the highest level of her sport.''

Jrue: ''Yeah, she's cool.''

Cheick just dunked on Cousins and then jumped over his legs!

The disrespect!

End of the third, Memphis is up 15 on Detroit.
    Also end of the third, Washington is up 9 on Boston.

I think we may have hit the jackpot with Wood and Williams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information