Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: April 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Sacramento Kings - 32-48

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erose View Post
    This.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If losing on purpose assist the future of the team immensely, while winning accomplishes absolutely NOTHING other than Screwing the team, that makes your specious logic A-1 garbage.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Deliberately lose like sitting AD, Randle, Jrue, Jackson, trading Niko for picks? We've been deliberately trying to lose since AD announced he wanted out.
    Yessir. There we go. So all this heat about not losing to the Kings is as ridiculous as it seems.

What more could possibly be done? Literally saying "Tell the players to throw the ball out of bounds every play" or something absurd? Stop taking open shots? The players won't do anything like that. I'm not seeing scheme win games out there.

I'm seeing guys playing hard. Gentry may or may not get any credit for this, and he doesn't deserve any. But, I mean...I don't know what more could be done.

The only thing I can come up with is Gentry is retiring after this season and simply doesn't give a ********.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yessir. There we go. So all this heat about not losing to the Kings is as ridiculous as it seems.

What more could possibly be done? Literally saying "Tell the players to throw the ball out of bounds every play" or something absurd? Stop taking open shots? The players won't do anything like that. I'm not seeing scheme win games out there.

I'm seeing guys playing hard. Gentry may or may not get any credit for this, and he doesn't deserve any. But, I mean...I don't know what more could be done.
    I don't know, how about ''Bench the ridiculously hot Ian Clark for the final 3 minutes''?

Sounds plausible. I'm no expert, but I think the coach is allowed to decide that.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Amen- horse dung ! The coach is supposed to do what's best for the team. That means LOSE at any cost. Gentry had several ways to use quality control. He is USELESS. So, take that amen to the pew with you next Sunday.
    No coach worth being in the NBA is going to loose on purpose. Sorry that ain’t in their makeup. The FO handcuffed Gentry enough for him not to win this game. Gentry had ZERO starter level players tonight. ZERO!

It isn’t his fault or the players that Sacramento sucks. Get over it, it is all a crapshoot anyway. What would be funny as hell is that the ninth or tenth team wins the lottery. That would be funny.

No coach worth being in the NBA is going to loose on purpose. Sorry that ain’t in their makeup.
    BRETT BROWN.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't know, how about ''Bench the ridiculously hot Ian Clark for the final 3 minutes''?

Sounds plausible. I'm no expert, but I think the coach is allowed to decide that.
    And you think we could just get away with something so blatant?

Washington just sat Bradley Beal for the ENTIRE fourth quarter to get a loss against NYC, so yes, I think we could EASILY have done that.

What's gonna happen, Adam Silver gonna slap Gentry for not playing star player Ian Clark? Come on.

Gentry had full control. He didn't have to have Payton (who played 39 freakin minutes) or Clark on the court late in the game.
    There are plenty of ways Gentry could've controlled this outcome.
    Players on the court can play as hard as they want, but if they aren't good enough- hey, that would work!
    So, did we shut down Randle to pull off the upset?
    Your POV makes no sense.

so we went from 6th to 9th. unless we lose to gsw the lowest we can go is what the 7th pick?

What more could be done? WHAT MORE COULD BE DONE?

Not playing Payton 39 ********ING MINUTES to begin with. Giving our tank commander Solomon Hill more than 26 minutes. How about playing our trash Euro guard more than 21 minutes. Not closing out the game with Ian "Steph Curry" Clark when he's on freaking fire.

Don't give me this our hands were tied bull********. Gentry had PLENTY he could have done to ensure the tank tonight.

This is 100% untrue. A coach's job is to handle the team exactly how the organization tells him to.
    Nope, false. A coach has one ultimate goal. Win games. There are other tasks he is responsible for to make that happen, but ultimately his primary job is to win games. I don’t won’t a coach who does not have that in his job description.

Or what? Adam Silvers gonna do what?

Nope, false. A coach has one ultimate goal. Win games. There are other tasks he is responsible for to make that happen, but ultimately his primary job is to win games. I don’t won’t a coach who does not have that in his job description.

BRETT.

BROWN.

You're just flat out wrong. You have no idea what you're talking about here. Coaches lose games on purpose ALL the time. Brett Brown did it for THREE YEARS. Won less than 20 games per season, THREE YEARS straight, ON PURPOSE.

You're wrong. Deal with it.

All this tells me is you know nothing about the NBA and basketball.

If a General Manager tells their coach to tank, and that coach tries to win every game anyway, that coach gets fired.

Don't pretend like coaches are never in on tanks. That's blatantly false, and I'm not hearing it. You think Brett Brown was going out for Philly actively trying to win every game? No way. Philly was tanking. It was ''The Process'' and the coach knew it and he KNEW it was his JOB to guide the team in accordance with the wishes of the management.

If Gentry was told to tank, and he actively tried to win, he deserves to lose his job. And if Gentry WASN'T told to tank, then Ferry deserves to lose his job too.
    If Gentry was told to loose games no matter what then Ferry does need to be fired. If Gentry was told that and he said hell with that, then he needs an extension.

All this tells me is you know nothing about the NBA and basketball.
    There's a reason he's ignored me pointing out Brett Brown for the Sixers like 4 times. Two words, one name, completely destroys his narrative.

If Gentry was told to loose games no matter what then Ferry does need to be fired. If Gentry was told that and he said hell with that, then he needs an extension.

So you can answer that, but you're ignoring the fact that I'm pointing out Brett Brown again and again.

You tell us all that no coach ever loses on purposes, that a coaches job is to win games and that if a coach loses, he gets fired. Brett Brown. Three, consecutive sub-20 win seasons. Still has his job. One of the best coaches in the East. Back to back 50 win seasons. If you're right, why is that?

Have you ever heard of losing a battle to win the war?
    How can you possibly believe what you are saying?
    You do what you can do to HELP the team.
    You are actually promoting winning a game over doing what's best for the team. That is truly DUMB.

GM Interviewing a new HC: ''So what do you bring to the table. How do you plan to best help this team during it's rebuilding phase? What do you see as the direction of the team? How do you think player development should go?''

HC: ''I have no idea what you're talking about, my only job is to wIn GAmeS''

Refusing to play AD and Randle when they're perfectly capable of playing already is trying to lose. If you think there's a real difference between trying to lose pre-game, and trying to lose in the moment, then you're splitting meaningless hairs.
    I don’t have an issue with the team holding players out, and like I said in a few other posts the FO did not give Gentry much to work with. In all reality they SHOULD HAVE (and I also would have like to see them) lose. Sacramento just sucks. They just got beaten by a team with zero starter level players. Not Gentry or this team’s fault that the Kings are pitiful.

Yeah the coach who wants to continue working here doesn't care about increasing his chances of getting Zion.

Instead he's more focused on making Elfrid Payton and Ian Clark look good.

Yeah, totally makes sense for long term job security. Because 3 years from now people are really going to be saying, Remember when Ian freaking Clark went off for 31 against Sac in that meaningless game? While Zion is busy being still in the NBA unlike Clark.

What more could be done? WHAT MORE COULD BE DONE?

Not playing Payton 39 ********ING MINUTES to begin with. Giving our tank commander Solomon Hill more than 26 minutes. How about playing our trash Euro guard more than 21 minutes. Not closing out the game with Ian "Steph Curry" Clark when he's on freaking fire.

Don't give me this our hands were tied bull********. Gentry had PLENTY he could have done to ensure the tank tonight.
    Gentry clearly doesn't care about your t-word. Benching players. That's way too actively losing. Shutting down guys so they can get surgery done early. That has the added benefit of making us more likely to lose. But it fits this organization's character more to genuinely want well being to be preserved than to getting more lotto balls.

Frankly, that's all it should take. Play hard. Lose to the Kings. Their dumb selves didn't play along and took absurd shots. Oh well.

I don’t have an issue with the team holding players out, and like I said in a few other posts the FO did not give Gentry much to work with. In all reality they SHOULD HAVE (and I also would have like to see them) lose. Sacramento just sucks. They just got beaten by a team with zero starter level players. Not Gentry or this team’s fault that the Kings are pitiful.

So you're saying the FO is allowed to tank, but the coach, whose entire job it is, is to execute the FO's wishes, isn't allowed to tank?

Despite the fact that we regularly see coaches tanking on purpose when that is for the benefit of the team, like Washington sitting Bradley Beal all 4th quarter tonight, or Brett Brown actively tanking for 3 years straight?

You're out of your mind and you don't know anything about basketball.

Gentry clearly doesn't care about your t-word. Benching players. That's way too actively losing. Shutting down guys so they can get surgery done early. That has the added benefit of making us more likely to lose. But it fits this organization's character more to genuinely want well being to be preserved than to getting more lotto balls.

Frankly, that's all it should take. Play hard. Lose to the Kings. Their dumb selves didn't play along and took absurd shots. Oh well.
    Washington sat Bradley Beal for a full 4th quarter tonight to ensure the loss against NYC.

Why? Cause their coach did his job properly tonight.

Is Adam Silver going to do anything to them for it? Of course not. Is ''the universe'' going to get them back for it? No. They're just going to draft 6th. That's all that will happen. And we're going to draft 9th because Alvin Gentry has the basketball IQ of a deflated car tire.

Thread Information