Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: April 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Sacramento Kings - 32-48

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What did I say that wasn't rational? The pick is worth far more than Ian Clark going off for 31.
    Oh but Myth, isn't it worth dropping to 8th in the lottery instead of 6th just so Ian Clark, a guy who won't even BE on this team a day past July 1st, can have 30 points?
    Basketball.

We went from pick #6 to sole position for #9. So glad I didn’t renew my season tickets. This team can’t even lose right.

Ruined the tank. Absolute joke.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What did I say that wasn't rational? The pick is worth far more than Ian Clark going off for 31.
    I don't care about Ian Clark either.

But being rational is knowing that the players on the court equally don't care about the team getting Zion or draft status or what being 9th in the lotto slot means vs being 6th.. They're playing for their own futures in this league.

Getting irrationally mad at them or the coach, who is in the same predicament, is ridiculous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Well, the good news is the season is nearing its end, and this nightmare of an organization is getting a reboot.

You got that right

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That's our pick gone from 6th to 8th in one minute.
    9th actually. Thats probably not a very good spot in this draft.

Payton played 39 minutes. That should tell you everything right there.

Frick Ian Clark. Worst pick up ever

Watch. You just watch. The team is going to give the GM job to Ferry, who will keep Gentry, and then they'll trade AD to the Lakers for Ball, Kuzma, and the LA 2021 first round pick.

Ian Clark

#pelslife
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yeah. Level and rational. That's the motto.
    Level & rational equates to looking to do what's best for the team. Gentry DID NOT do that. The idea is to get the best possible scenario in the draft, not be happy about a journeyman scoring 31 pts while screwing us in the process.

Payton played 39 minutes. That should tell you everything right there.
    Everyone finally agrees Alvin needs to get canned!

Watch. You just watch. The team is going to give the GM job to Ferry, who will keep Gentry, and then they'll trade AD to the Lakers for Ball, Kuzma, and the LA 2021 first round pick.
    You should immediately be hung to a tree by your toes.

But being rational is knowing that the players on the court equally don't care about the team getting Zion or draft status or what being 9th in the lotto slot means vs being 6th.. They're playing for their own futures in this league.

Getting irrationally mad at them or the coach, who is in the same predicament, is ridiculous to me.
    I will repeat, the coaches job is to achieve the goals of the front office on the floor. If the front office wants to tank then it is Alvin Gentry's job to tank. And if the front office doesn't want to tank, then Ferry should be NOWHERE near the GM job going forward.

The idea that Gentry is going to help or hinder his future job prospects by losing or winning this game to the Kings on an obviously lost season is beyond ridicule. Nobody can make that argument seriously.

First, it's not irrationally mad. If anything it's too little mad. Because going from 6th to 8th (or worse) is far more important than any of these scrubs, including the coaches.

Second, I don't care what the players do. The coach should have a crystal clear directive from the organization to do whatever it takes to lose this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You should immediately be hung to a tree by your toes.
    I'm seeing doomsday prophecies like Nostradamus. I do not wish this to happen; I see only that it will.

We just went from an outside chance at Culver, to Coby White. If that doesn't make you feel sick to your stomach, I don't know you.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Everyone finally agrees Alvin needs to get canned!
    I think everyone has been on that train for a long time now.

I've switched to Ferry can kick rocks too at this point. I trust NO ONE in this organization. He should have Gentry under his thumb and doing exactly what he wants him to do. Which should have been to lose this game.

If Gentry isn't on the same page as management do you really think he's coming back? This, Gentry was supposed to do whatever TO LOSE ! You honestly think that this win helps Gentry in any way? That's silly. He played Payton 39 minutes & had both he & Clark in at the end of the game. Gentry is a complete dill hole !

I think everyone has been on that train for a long time now.

I've switched to Ferry can kick rocks too at this point. I trust NO ONE in this organization. He should have Gentry under his thumb and doing exactly what he wants him to do. Which should have been to lose this game.
    Thank god!

Clean house! Everyone can go! Ferry can go, Gentry can go, hell even Finch and Erman can go, everyone! Shoo! AWAY.

Start again!

I haven't posted in awhile. But I had to come say that this is hands down the stupidest win ever.

Thank god!

Clean house! Everyone can go! Ferry can go, Gentry can go, hell even Finch and Erman can go, everyone! Shoo! AWAY.

Start again!
    At this point we should raze the entire organization.

At this point we should raze the entire organization.
    Tomorrow morning, I want Gentry fired. I want Ferry kicking rocks ten minutes after that. Pick a new GM, let him pick a new coach, let the new coach pick all their staff.

Tomorrow morning, I want Gentry fired. I want Ferry kicking rocks ten minutes after that. Pick a new GM, let him pick a new coach, let the new coach pick all their staff.
    Gentry shouldn't even get on the plane back to Nola. Ferry can finish out the season since I simply don't care enough at this point. But he can go back to Atl as soon as the season is done.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'll never get behind losing on purpose. I just can't even muster that much contempt for the integrity of the game.

I would feel ashamed to know our organization said to throw games for lottery balls. It'd be a disgrace. Even if we got Zion doing that, all I'd feel is he'd snap his knee in half the moment he stepped on the court. And it'd almost feel like the universe righting itself.

Shutting down our most important players in the longterm with the season totally over? I'm cool with that. Logical. Sensible.

Deliberately debasing our franchise? We don't have the luxury of that kind of negative energy floating around this organization. Not in this transitional period.

Thread Information