Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: April 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Sacramento Kings - 32-48

Pelicans April 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Sacramento Kings - 32-48

This is it guys. Here it is. The last real game of the season. You might be thinking ''Hey, Pelicanidae, what about the Golden State game on Tuesday'' to which I say that we pretty much lost that game the day it was scheduled, so this is the last game that we have a realistic chance at winning.

What that means is that we MUST lose it. We lose this, then we will have successfully ended the season on a 2-14 streak. Which is beautiful, for a tanking team, I really have to say. Projected over a full season, that's almost on pace for the worst record of all time. Not quite, but almost. 2-14, 4-28, 8-56, and so on.

We're playing the Sacramento Kings, who are a 39 win team. Now, Sacramento is officially eliminated from playoff contention, so you may think that they're not too interested in winning, but I think you may be wrong about this. Firstly: they have no reason to lose. They are developing young players, and they don't have their own pick so it's not like tanking helps them at all. Secondly, if Sacramento wins their last two games, they will finish with a 41-41 record. Of course that's not a winning record, but it's also not a losing record, and Sacramento have finished with a losing record for the last 12 seasons in a row. Breaking even one year would mean something pretty big for their fans, I would imagine. So they'll play this to win.

Which should mean that we can lose! What I really find astounding is that we may well lose 50 games this year and not even be in the bottom five teams in the league. Wow. Some teams are really, really bad.

So let's go out, get the young guys some run, and have ourselves a nice road loss before heading back home for Golden State. Let's go and #DoItBig.
    Basketball.

Looks like Randle finally got shut down. Not listed as a starter. Pels gone full tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Looks like Randle finally got shut down. Not listed as a starter. Pels gone full tank.
    Thank God. Should have happened 10 games ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Thank God. Should have happened 10 games ago.
    Fortunate it didn't cost us more games.

Fortunate it didn't cost us more games.
    Extremely lucky. If Randle had been benched 10 games ago, we would have lost to Dallas and we'd be firmly in 6th now instead of teetering on the edge.

Edit: just checked, we are in a 4 way tie for sixth right now with Washington, Memphis, and Dallas.

There's an outside shot of LA getting the #1 pick too, 2.5%. Assuming LA and NY both trade it for AD (which I think they do) then we have a 24% chance of getting Zion, allowing for trades.

Not bad.

We accept Okafor's option, Miller and Clark can go, Payton and Randle can both stay depending on how much cash they want.

Correction: if we get Zion, I don't want Randle.

Okafor for 3!

Why is Clark so hot all of a sudden now that the games are must-loses?

You know what? I miss Buddy

And Fox is a real talent. Kings got a bright future.

After we trade AD our future could be bright too. Especially if we land Zion with our pick.

After we trade AD our future could be bright too. Especially if we land Zion with our pick.
    Definitely. As long as the AD trade gets pulled off competently, we should be set up for the future.

Especially if we land Zion, indeed.

Ian Clark has 4 threes already. This is absurd. Someone stop him.

Washington currently up on NYC with only 6 minutes to go. Fingers crossed for Washington to win.

71% from 3 so far. You know, normal Pelicans stuff.

Love the tactic of running point-guard Solomon Hill from the top of the key. That's beautiful tank tactics.

Hill has been the tank commander since he joined the team. Time for him to earn his check.

Clark with the airball as he shoots his 7th three pointer of the first quarter.

Hill has been the tank commander since he joined the team. Time for him to earn his check.
    If we lose and Washington win tonight, we move into sole possession of the 6th pick odds. Washington are up 2 on New York with only 3 minutes remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If we lose and Washington win tonight, we move into sole possession of the 6th pick odds. Washington are up 2 on New York with only 3 minutes remaining.
    Without Randle playing we should unquestionably be the worst team in the league. If we win I'd be pretty pissed at Sac.

Without Randle playing we should unquestionably be the worst team in the league. If we win I'd be pretty pissed at Sac.
    Washington up 2 with 55 seconds left.

The Wizards are down 3 to New York with 10 seconds left. Astounding.

Thread Information