Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: April 5th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns - 32-47

Pelicans April 5th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns - 32-47

We are 2-11 over our last 13. Wow. We have tanked pretty damn well, actually!

Tonight we play the Suns, who are missing pretty much everyone. Which is mostly okay, because we're missing almost everyone too. Anyone who paid for tickets to this game, I'm sorry. I'm not going to ramble on for too much about the game itself, because this is one that we could win or lose depending on performances and how many minutes Gentry decides Randle needs to play. Over under on 32? I'm going over. Both teams are tanking, both teams suck, neither team has won much recently, etc etc.

So what other games happen tonight that are relevant, and what results do we want?

Spurs vs Wizards - We want the Wizards to win. They probably will not, because they aren't good and the Spurs are a playoff team, but we can hope.
    Heat vs Timberwolves - Doesn't really matter. Either team is only an outside trade partner, and I guess to that extent we want Miami to lose.
    Grizzlies vs Mavericks - Doesn't matter! Either way is a victory for us, both teams need to win some games for things to go perfectly for us.
    Lakers vs Clippers - Clippers lose would be good. It helps their pick from Boston.
    Pelicans vs Suns - We want to lose, but honestly it could go either way.

So lets go and #DoItBig!
    Basketball.

Let's lose this, boys! Do it small!

This getting nitpicky, but I'm hoping Memphis wins. I think they lose their last two games with DET and GS.....so ruese two games are the only shot we have to pass them. DAL plays the Suns and Spurs. They could won one of those.

Pregame updates: Wizards lost to San Antonio: no surprise there. That means if we win tonight, the Wizards are officially ahead of us. I agree with MSU that Memphis are the ones who should be rooting for if we pick sides, since Dallas stands a good chance of beating the Suns but Memphis probably won't beat Detroit or GS. Which is good, because Memphis are currently up 65-53 at the half against Dallas. Lots of game left to play there but good signs.

Now that Washington has lost, we really need to try and lose this one. If we lose tonight, the Wizards play the Knicks next. Us losing to Phoenix and them beating NY would put that separation between us finally.

This is gonna be fun

Settling in to watch what may be the worst basketball game of the year.

Early season Ian Clark, when we need help, can't score a bucket.

Late season Ian Clark, when we need to lose, can't miss.

Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Early season Ian Clark, when we need help, can't score a bucket.

Late season Ian Clark, when we need to lose, can't miss.

Amazing.
    He literally has 16 points on 6/6 shooting in the first quarter. He just hit a 30 footer.

End of the first, we're up 38-31

Kenrich Williams with the buzzer beater three to make that.

For a game with such high scoring, you wouldn't believe it could be this boring. We're shooting 60+% and 75+% from deep, and we still look awful.

Cheick is hitting turnaround 20 footers.

Memphis beat Dallas, so that's good. Now we need Memphis to beat Dallas next time they play too: doesn't help us if they split it.

I'm so sick of scrubs playing lights out to carry us to a victory we desperately don't need.

Jamal Crawford is 4 million years old, and his handles are still amazing and he's still getting buckets

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm so sick of scrubs playing lights out to carry us to a victory we desperately don't need.
    Yeah, you and me both.

We're shooting basically 70% from the floor, AND from 3. Why now, when we need to LOSE.

Seventy five points. IN THE FIRST HALF. FOR GODS SAKE.

67% FROM THE FLOOR?! 60? FROM THREE?

Jesus Christ. Can't wait for this season to be over, so Alvin can get canned.

The Suns are tucking in for this loss. They will NOT allow us to lose.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    We sure aren't doing ourselves any favors. We need Hill to play 224 minutes in the 2nd half to bring this tank home.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Can't lose to the masters of losing.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It doesn't matter. They could be giving us EVERYTHING and that still doesn't change the fact that Ian Clark should not be hitting 30 footers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Can't lose to the masters of losing.
    Well, unfortunately we have to because Alvin Gentry is a dolt and he had us beat the Kings a few games ago.

As a side note, if I was a Suns fan I'd be furious. Basically 60 losses four years in a row, and absolutely no signs of major improvement. This is what the process would be if none of the players in Philly turned out.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This is an great comeback. WHo wants it less?!

Phoenix Suns have been a lottery team for 9 years in a row. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    This is an great comeback. WHo wants it less?!
    The Suns are saving us from ourselves.

Thread Information